Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

BAN KHAT NOW!!!

Paragon   

^^Isn't it still smuggled in to the US, Canada and other EU countries?

I don't think the majority would give up. I was hearing this funny story about some Faaraxs in New Zealand the other day lol. Tired of the days old baarixi, they did their research and discovered that there was a local botanist who has one khaat plant in his garden. So every evening they would go prunning lol. The botanist got puzzled as to the plant's nightly pruning and thus installed a CTTV, which revealed laba Faaraxoo daarada ka soo dhacaya smile.gif .

Thats how far they'll go to get a fresh harvest sxb. I don't think it would be easily given up. Another story from my childhood lol. One friday morning, jaadkiibaa iman waayey and so all the muqayiliinta made their presence known in the mosque for the friday prayers. The imam was happy and started preaching them ..ittaqullaah. Jaadka iska daaya..and so they listened very gentlemantly until they qaad vehecle honked its arrival! Soo dhacyeey intay yiraahdeen ayeey masaajidka ka wada yaaceen. The imam was gobsmacked smile.gif .

underdog   

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

Damage caused by Qat -

• disintegrated families

• high divorce rates

• wives absconding from their husbands because of qat

• children lacking supportive parents

• children lacking ambitious role models

• children with low aspiration levels

Are you INSANE?

Those social issue are across the board in ANY culture. Black, white, Native. Broken homes are result of some deeper economic factors. If you think your simplistic solution will fix that, you have a surprise coming. Why don't you shackle these guys to their homes so their children can have a better life.

Benefits the community will get

• consciousness/ Damiir

• happier mothers

• better looked after families

• father playing a father’s role in the household

• better attainment levels of children if fathers support them

• a cohesive and well-glued society

The man is at the helm of the household – he steers the boat through the rapid streams and blustery storms – if he is now around to do his job, sometimes it is too difficult for a mother of 8 to manage on her own. And the culprit is mostly – if not always – Qat.

[/QB]

You're right, this argument is OVER. if you really and truly believe men that have chosen to abandon their responsibility to self, family and society are being held hostage by their addiction and taking it away will fix it, then you have a long way to go. Hope you trail and error method of social reform works out. ;)

N.O.R.F   

^^The benefits saxib the benefits. What ever you may think will be a result of banning it, it will not last for long. Younger generation will not know what the thing looks like and it will no longer be socially acceptable and the habit of smoking will not be picked up as well. We are yet to look into the Islamic perpective ;)

Originally posted by Isseh:

^^Isn't it still smuggled in to the US, Canada and other EU countries?

I don't think the majority would give up. I was hearing this funny story about some Faaraxs in New Zealand the other day lol. Tired of the days old baarixi, they did their research and discovered that there was a local botanist who has one khaat plant in his garden. So every evening they would go prunning lol. The botanist got puzzled as to the plant's nightly pruning and thus installed a CTTV, which revealed laba Faaraxoo daarada ka soo dhacaya
smile.gif

Thats how far they'll go to get a fresh harvest sxb. I don't think it would be easily given up. Another story from my childhood lol. One friday morning, jaadkiibaa iman waayey and so all the muqayiliinta made their presence known in the mosque for the friday prayers. The imam was happy and started preaching them ..ittaqullaah. Jaadka iska daaya..and so they listened very gentlemantly until they qaad vehecle honked its arrival!
Soo dhacyeey intay yiraahdeen ayeey masaajidka ka wada yaaceen. The imam was gobsmacked
smile.gif

:D:D:D:D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by GJ_Goate:

u see the battle u will face to convince the government to ban khat
:D
?

LoL

I can see it now. A street with one side full of screaming Somalis 'Qaad down' and on the other side Somalis uu daanku u'buuxo chanting 'inoo daaya' :D

Fabregas   

Hadaan gartAy wuxu marc smith sunglasses u xidHay, wuxu noqon laha londons most wanted courtsey of depressed faraxz :D Yeah I could imagine the protest:

Speaker: What do we want?

Protestors: Khaat, Khaat, Khaat!

Speaker: When do we wannit?

Protestors: No, Now Now!

Speaker: How much do we want?

Protestors: Kow, Labo, Sadex, Afar Marduuf, Marc Smith we will Shoot!

:D

Baashi   

Raggu badankii caqiibo ma leh, oo reer ma ciil tiro e,

Ma gutaan xilkoodii cuslaa oo ceyn wareeg noqoye,

Gar ciriiri, cuudkana badh qari, ceynta kula leexo!

Marwo cadarsatay oo kuu fadhida, labo-canleyn raadi!

Ciladahaana yaan legu garan care wir juuq ii dheh!

Waa reerka cudur kala diliyo, caabuq aan harine,

Ragga daacadnimadii Allahyoow noogu soo celi;

This poet seems to understand the adverse impact khat has on family.