Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Dubai City of fake dreams.....

N.O.R.F   

This topic has been exhausted already, somalis will always be somalis.

Dubai has many opportunities if you are sufficiently qualified, its a booming economy with many well paid jobs and decent bonus packages available. So instead of dissin the place maybe you should look to move there soon instead of living in a kufar state.

Its has its flaws i know, but nowwhere is perfect.

Wake to the adhan every morning saxib instead of the number 74 bus roaring past your window!

NGONGE, i think those arabic lessons (for me)will be needed soon, you may come and visit when you take a break from SOL :D

NGOON and his psychoanalysis, the old dude never seizes to amaze. :D:D

Now let’s start. I believe the Gulf Arab states serve no purpose whatso ever other than to defend the bloated royal families and their masters the West.[i know its not a new argument]

They are nothing to envy but are entities that should be despised. In terms of culture education and even religion they have done a disservice to their own citizens and made a mockery of the name of Islam and have turned the word "Arab" into the 21 centuries "Jew".

I for one have always held the Arabs in high esteem for our noble Prophet (SCW) was born from this race. Their language is the language of heaven and of course the Somali’s are a kin to the Arabs.

Allah has made the Gulf Arabs rich with money, yet what have they achieved with this heavenly ordained wealth, have they even managed to educated their masses?[ on a level with developed countries]

Have they created a new era of social prosperity and economic progress? For today the Muslim nation as a whole is in dire straits and the Arabs are being hunted worldwide. How can one defend the Gulf States? They have wealth but they lack power, for their sole existence goes against the interest of their own people. Dubai thus a mere token of the West’s appreciation for their cooperation. But where is Baghdad our capital[my place of birth], where is Al Quds our holly city? :mad:

One must not be so blind to the truth.

Let’s now look at other examples of nation development including Muslim ones. In a short time the Malaysians and Indonesians achieved great economic progress without having the black gold. Using their population’s talent they have become efficient traders. The Chinese are experiencing what some analysts refer to as the greatest economic boom in the history of mankind. Pakistan for all its disadvantages stands dignified for it has the capacity to defend itself and created with its own knowledge the world’s only Islamic bomb.

Turkey united and strong is knocking on Europe’s door and sees itself as an equal to Germany, France and Great Britain. These examples above are the models that one can be envious of, for the Gulf Arabs are rich but undignified; they have plenty but lack knowledge. For all their highways they are unable to even defend themselves, which out to be the first task of a sovereign nation state [israle shadow hangs long over the Gulf]. They wear Gucci sunglasses but have no vision.

Now, NGOON defend the Gulf Arabs without insulting Somali's or analysing my mind. :D

OG. GIRL,

My dear, as I stated in the beginning I meant to insult no one, just give my points of view regarding what I saw. I don’t mind the malls but I do mind the one way trade. Arab money goes to the west. The west needs oil, but no one needs Nike and Prada. These people are killing Iraq’s and Palestinians. Or is it like this

“Oh I hate America look what they are doing to the poor children, they give me such a headache, lets go to Starbucks I need coffee†?

All the guy's saying is that he's disappointed by what he saw. It is a Muslim country Americanised just like many a Muslim country. If he visited Kuala Lumpur he'd have been disappointed too and we'd have heard about it I guess. The Arab sensitivity on these boards is swinging both ways. Chill people. ;)

Emperor   

Calow niicda iga daa carabi waa naagee!!

:D:D:D

NGO, Sxb you are still hiding behind the smoke of many words.

Smith went to a holliday and witnessed nothing that he could envy, he clearly stated some positive things but the negativity outweight in his view.

OK , lets say he's negative person

On the other hand, nothing you presented on your thread could change anyones view, question after another with big politisised words. No reasons, just a lot of irrelevant talk. OOh sorry u said this, now I can answer this one

NGO:

In fact, your reference to Iraq (and here “your†is aimed at the collective and not you alone), the Asian victims and many other Islamic disasters and conflicts, imply that these Arabs ARE the leaders of the Muslim world and you’re all disappointed at their indifference and extravagance!

Yes, they the Muslim world leaders and we are very much dissapointed with their disintegration, is there anything wrong with this?

NGO:

Why are the Gulf States always singled out for the snidest attacks?

Sxb what is this q again, do u know his view about the rest? does he hold similar view to others? simply you don't know, he only revealed what he thinks of dubai.

Comment on the topic at hand, bring forward your positive things about that city, their booming economy, their mD's FC's and M&S.....

Looking forward to see the posative things that we should envy, ofcoz apart from peace.

Gday!

Salma   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

One must not be so blind to the truth.

Let’s now look at other examples of nation development including Muslim ones. In a short time the Malaysians and Indonesians achieved great economic progress without having the black gold. Using their population’s talent they have become efficient traders. The Chinese are experiencing what some analysts refer to as the greatest economic boom in the history of mankind. Pakistan for all its disadvantages stands dignified for it has the capacity to defend itself and created with its own knowledge the world’s only Islamic bomb.

Turkey united and strong is knocking on Europe’s door and sees itself as an equal to Germany, France and Great Britain. These examples above are the models that one can be envious of, for the Gulf Arabs are rich but undignified; they have plenty but lack knowledge. For all their highways they are unable to even defend themselves, which out to be the first task of a sovereign nation state [israle shadow hangs long over the Gulf]. They wear Gucci sunglasses but have no vision.

My dear, as I stated in the beginning I meant to insult no one, just give my points of view regarding what I saw. I don’t mind the malls but I do mind the one way trade. Arab money goes to the west. The west needs oil, but no one needs Nike and Prada. These people are killing Iraq’s and Palestinians. Or is it like this

“Oh I hate America look what they are doing to the poor children, they give me such a headache, lets go to Starbucks I need coffeeâ€
?

1- SNW< how come you defend Malaysia and Indonesia, while they are doing just the same things arab r doing??!! All the muslims are WEAK now, they are all doing the same? Stop talking about the black gold? Why talking about OIL everytime we bring the issue of ARabs. U'll find all the brands u've mentioned in Malaysia and Indonesia: Prada,CD,CK,D&G,Mango, Zara,,,,,etc. They even started having these brands earlier than the arabs.

2- Islamic BOMB???!!!! SNW, how about making an Islamic Bomb for Somalia, ka waran??!! I wonder where they gonna throw/use it at the end??!!: In the NOrth or the south??!!!

3- Turkey< Now, u consider Turkey is much better than Arabs??!!!!, la xawla wla qowata ella bellah,yaakhi xaaram caleek, Turkey who put the Islamic System on the floor and begging the Europeans to enter their Union, they were begging for years now? So where is the DIGNITY u are talking about??!!

Turkey who is forcing the Muslims women to remove their hijaabs and kicking them out from their schools, universities and work??? Sir, Turkey is much worse than France when it comes to Hijaab and they are not united/strong at all. Unless if u call their beggings to join the Europeans a unity and strength thats something else. Iam sure if it was Lebanon or Syria you would have said: See these ******* arabs running after the Europeans. Still Turkey is like any other Islamic state and I've mentioned this just info for you and Iam sure u know about it already.

Now forget about the Arabs, and talk about yourself, Iam sure you are spending dollars on "Starbucks,Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds, King Burger, American movies, Clothes and entertainment. How about if every muslim started to stop himself from using the american/western products first then start talking about other muslims!!

And why everytime the subject is about "Muslims' Dignity and Pride" we bring the Arabs name. As if the arabs are the only reason behind losing our dignity???!!! I believe Somali ppl forget about their share of blame for losing this dignity but they have no time to check themselves, all what they do is to complain about/accusing others.

Now another nomad will say: Classique this topic aint about Somalis its about Arabs :D

Salam

My sister LOL :D

If you wanna know about me, PM aight.

As for your answers they seemed rushed, go over them again.

Pakistan has a Nuclear bomb, to defend themselves against India and other enemies.

Dubai has nice resturents, not much of a defence against Arial Sharon now is it? ;)

Qorshel, good points bro. ;)

NGOON, hiding behind the ladies huh?

Salma   

^^^ No they are not rushed but it seems u don't like them :D

Anway nomads, enjoy your opinions coz I rest my case, the only hopless threads in this Forum is the "Arabs Threads".

I'll go to enjoy some coffee better than QAAAT anyway :D

Salam

Wail away good Moralists. Should you persist in your ever-loud moral lamenting and howling, then you are bound to effect a desirable outcome.

With Salaams

PK

DraGon   

Qoute Smith:

"So true, Qaat is shitt. stop taking it so personally, ppl"

So true sx.

I just wish some ppl here will understand there is a difference between criticizing and hating. Hating is a very strong word.

Yes we Somalis as a nation have failed but Somalia failed because it failed to represent its people and interest equally. Something alot of us feel the Arab countries are doing. I am sure if things continue like this in the next 30-50 years we all know the fate thats a waiting them...alas Baghdad. Cairo is already starting to show the cracks.

Why are we talking about Arabs and there failures??? Because Arabia is central to Islam.

If the Arabs were organized politically and economical half of the Ummah problem will be solved. They have been blessed with language of Islam, history of Islam, oil (wealth), land and a population. In short they have all the ingredient required to establish an empire not to forget the

Muslim influence at there dispoasal from all the Islam world around the globe. Just as the Americans are counting on the likes of Europe and Australia, the Arabs will count on Iran, Kazygastan, Pakistan and many more.

Simply put they are loosing out on oppurtunities. And that is our concern for them Islamically speaking. Also not to forget the constant threat they are facing that they are indifferent about and is obvious to the rest of us.

Baashi   

Where did Smith go wrong other than share his experience in Dubai? Is his observation of the place substantiated? Did he lied? Is he entitled his own opinion? How we extrapolate his take on the place to that of Somalis' diverse and divergent opinions? How many of the respondents agreed with him? Why are some of us compelled to generalize Somalis? Is there such thing as Somali public opinion? How does one know which way Somalis in general lean on a particular issue? Do we rely on the internet, daily encounters with them, BBC, or all of these? Are the accusers do this premature judgments out of self hate, frustration, or just the fun of it? Where does this repetitive dissing stem from? Could this be whiteman's burden the Somali version?

Tuujiye   

Smith sxb wax kaste aad dhahday waan kugu raacsanahay.. Dubai ma jirto..and is not only dubai, is every arab country..Saudi Arabia is one of the worst places right now.. The salafi shiekhs made the religion so hard.. they mixed religion and culture,,In saudi Arabia only the poor suffer..Every day the cut the hands of an immagarent.Pakistani, Hindi, Somali, what ever..The kindom badan kood muslim maba lagu sheegi karo..So they forced the people to throw the religion and pick up this western life style that gives them this sick life style they call freedom....

In the west, you will see people from Iran and Dubai or from saudi arabia who act and live like the gaalo..You would also see a somali that lives that way...But the different between a westernized somali and a westernized arab is that, the somali will always be a somali...

IS true we shouldn't care about the problems of other when we are the worst of all..But one thing I love about being somali, We never kiss ASSS..

Wareer badanaa!!!

juba   
Originally posted by Tuujiye:

[iS true we shouldn't care about the problems of other when we are the worst of all..But one thing I love about being somali, We never kiss ASSS..

true that! :D

Smithwestern

i see ur point and ur disappointment. But really it will be their own demise. Why do u care so much? i know that might sound selfish but the arabs brought all this on themselves and its up to them to get out of it.

N.O.R.F   

I just dont see what the big deal is here??? Name a rich Islamic country that this has not happened to already?

Smithy, your talking like you expected Dubai to be just like some of the most holyiest cities in Saudi and Phalastine???? :confused:

Disappointed you maybe, but surprised you should not!

Jumatatu   

Soomaalida waxay ku mahmahda 'Ohinta ohin orgi kaweyn'.

From the start I did not comprehend the gist of this thread, but I knew it was brewing a Tsunami effect in SOL. Just imagine what is the importance of whether Dubai has a pubic toilet or not..eh? To many it would mean nothing but in SOL it brings the clash of the two heavy weight groups. The pro and anti Amr Mahmoud Moussa . So far in the score board the anti have the edge with the big guns already emerging and throwing around their weight, whether it was wise of them to make a hasty appearance only time will tell. Ideally though they should have just left the foot soldiers (smith and co.) to carry on the onslaught they were doing good.

As for the pro-Moussa they have made and build a feeble defence walls and tried to turn the tide around, but have failed so far. Am sure they have something up their sleeve and were wise not to call in the 'raca labaad'.

It is supposed to be amusing but that is denied by the fact that the anit-Moussa group tend to personilise the conflict. Whatever though I think we are in for the mother of all (wat should I call it now..I wonder) as they lock horns...

36_5_7.gif