Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

One dead, five others taken to hospital!!!

May Allah rest his soul...

The survivors defiantly know who the shooter is. The person was someone they had runnings with and came back cowardly to spray bullets. You can't let this punk that took the lil brother out get away with Murder. Life for Life

Aaliyyah   

Kool Kat yeh my dad actually went to the tacsi yesterday. The place was full of young ppl he told me. So I hope this is a wake up call and those kids learn a valuable lesson from this incident and that they change their life in a way that benefits them, their parents, and their community.

May Allah have mercy on Abdikarim and rest his soul.

p.s. I think somali community needs to focus on somali guys...especally those under 20 yrs of age. Somali guys are just out of control, we need to invest in programs to encourange them to change their life.

I understand the point in the above post but its in absolute bad taste to make it in this thread. To suggest that this kid was involved in anything that would lead for him to suffer such a tragic fate when everything points to the contrary is wrong, lets remember he was the victim not the shooter.

Aaliyyah   

^ am not talking about this particular boy read my post again. I dont know him nor do I know if he was involved in anything. There is the possibility that he was involved or that he was hanging out with the wrong crowd. and, there is the chance that he was at wrong place at the wrong time. Allah yaclam. I dont wanna rush to assume the incident or what happen when I have no knowledge of it. However, I have noticed generally speaking somali guys are getting out of control and our community is just not doing enough to keep them on the right track.

Madowga iyo caruurta somaliyeed colaad aya ka tagan madowga yagaba is dila dhexdooda madow ahaan. hadana somalida ayaa ku darsantay. somalida caruurtoodana hada dhaqanka madowga ayeey qateen (tusaale ahaan surwaal la iska ridayo iyo banadana la xidhanayo) taaso u sababasa in ay yagana lasoo raadsado...caruurta somaliyeed in la wacdiyo oo programs fiican lo sameeyo oo dadkooda gacanta ku hayaan aya lo bahanyahay...taas miya la isku haysta walaal?

May Allah have mercy on A/kariim no one dear Goldcoast deserves to die in that way, and nor did I imply such thing. Never try to take what others said out of context and twist it.

I didnt twist anything you said please note that I stated that I understood your point but perhaps this was the wrong issue to convey that opinion in considering the circumstances.Being a young Somali man myself I clearly know the issues we are facing and I agree that efforts must be made to help address the issues that confront our community, however I just got the impression that assumptions regarding the boys life were being made and it was only that, that I took issue with.

Four men shot while in doughnut shop

Four men escaped serious injury after they were struck by a shotgun blast through the window of a west-end doughnut shop early Saturday morning.

Det. Brian Beadman said he is awestruck none of the victims were killed. “It’s kind of amazing actually that nobody got hurt more than they did,” Beadman said. “I’m surprised.”

Three of the men were sitting inside Country Style Donuts around 1:15 a.m. at 606 Dixon Rd., near Kipling Ave. when they were shot at close range through the window of the business.

The three men, in their late teens or early 20s, then ran into the bathroom of the doughnut shop to hide. Frightened staff quickly locked them in the bathroom and waited in the back until police arrived moments later.

A fourth man, in his 20s, walked into the Toronto police 23 Division building soon after, suffering from gunshot wounds. Police believe he had been at or near the business at the time of the shooting, but fled after being struck by gunfire.

Staff members were shaken by the shooting, and stayed in the back while paramedics treated the injured men, who were all customers.

"I’m scared. When I heard the noise, I just lied down at the floor,” said one employee, who wouldn’t give his name.

All four men were hit in their “lower extremities” by close-range fire similar to a shotgun blast, Sanson said. They were all taken to hospital, but are expected to recover.

Police don’t know what led to the shooting.

Two other customers were in the donut shop at time of the shooting. Beadman hopes these witnesses and others can help piece together what happened.

“If there are any witnesses we’d love to hear from them,” he said.

Officers are looking for as many as three men who were seen fleeing the scene. One suspect, who is believed to have carried the shotgun, is described as male and about five-feet, two-inches tall.

He was wearing a blue bandanna, black jacket, dark pants and a dark baseball cap.

The Toronto police K9 unit was brought in to search for the men, but found nothing.

Another weekend, another Soomaali shooting. This time it seems it was Sooamali-on-Soomaali shooting. Sad, sad, sad.

That doughnut shop is the most which Soomaalis hang out, especially kuwa shaqo la'aanta dishay and is infamously known for a Soomaali watering hole. It is also just across from that Dhigsan xaafad populated by Soomaalis.

Kool_Kat   

Alloow hooyooyinkood ufududee...And yea the fathers too...No parent ever wants to hear 'cunugaagaa wax ku dheceen'...No matter how big or small waxa ku dhaco...

Aaliyyah   

I heard about the four people who got shot, bt I didn’t know they were Somalis. May Allah make things easier for them and their families insha allah.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

[QB] Another weekend, another Soomaali shooting. This time it seems it was Sooamali-on-Soomaali shooting. Sad, sad, sad.

How do you know that it was Somali on Somali? Don't jump to conclusions. It could very well have been Carribbean gangs targetting Somalis.

The point is you don't know and you shouldn't make assumptions.

It was Soomaali-on-Soomaali, one of the victims' relatives said so. Unless he was lying or something.

I am not making assumptions, I was in fact defending Soomaalis earlier in this very thread. Soomaali dibad isku ugaarsaneysana, isku dileysana tan ma ugu horeynin, mana ugu dambeyneyso.

If you have evidence it being a Jameykaan shooting Soomaalis, bring it on, otherwise do not assume yourself one.

-------------

what a shame ......... tolow dadkaan maxaa isku saliday ........ it was better markay la dagaalmayeen dad kale

Waa ciyaal dhalinyaro ah waashay, jihadiina ka dhuntay. If you have had ever being there, that doughnut place at the wee hours of dawn, you would know what I am talking about. Dhalinyaro wada high ah, oo balaayo baas ku sarqaansan ayaa wada tuban meeshaas, oo kii soo maro caay iyo aflagaado ugu hortago, whether you are Soomaali or not. I once made a mistake to ask them directions a few years ago, caay la iigu jawaabay. Intaa fiiriye shib iskaga iri kana tagay.

Kuusha and Aaliya, aamiin to your duco.

warranttt.jpg

Police hunting second suspect in Lawrence Heights shooting

Police arrested one man yesterday and expected to arrest another one overnight in the shooting of six young men outside a Toronto apartment building two weeks ago.

Wendell Damian Cuff, 25, was arrested at 5:30 a.m at his Toronto home on Amaranth Court, the same tiny street where the shooting took place. He was charged with one count of first-degree murder and five counts of attempted murder.

“Things went down through the night,” Staff Sergeant Bob Skinner said yesterday, confirming that the emergency task force carried out the operation.

Police also issued a warrant for Owen Anthony Smith, 25 (pictured above). He is wanted on one count of first-degree murder and five counts of attempted murder.

Yesterday afternoon, Staff Sgt. Skinner said he expected Mr. Smith would be apprehended “within the next short period of time.”

“If things go well, we should have an arrest later tonight,” he said.

He would not confirm which man is the alleged shooter but said that both are from Toronto and have frequented Lawrence Heights, a maze-like public housing complex built in the 1950s that is bisected by the Allen Expressway.

It was here that Abdikarim Ahmed Abdikarim, 18, was shot dead on March 14.

As the high school student and five other young men talked in an alcove, surveillance camera footage released by police shows a gunman walking over to the group, an accomplice trailing behind him. The man pulls out a semi-automatic handgun and fires at the victims, shooting all of them. Both the shooter and his accomplice run away in separate directions.

The arrest comes after police continued to interview and reinterview the five wounded victims last week. Police have not released their names but said they are all Somali-Canadians between the ages of 18 and 21.

Last week, Detective Sergeant Brian Borg, the lead investigator in the killing, said the victims were co-operating with police, but not able to identify the man who shot them. He said police had ruled out several motives for the shooting.

“We don’t believe there’s any gang association involved here and we don’t think the fact that the victims were Somali was a factor,” he said, but added that investigators were certain that the six young men were deliberately targeted.

“This was not a random shooting: they were targeted,” he said at the time. “Something happened which led up to this.”

Nearly 2,000 Somali-Canadians attended Mr. Abdikarim’s funeral at an Etobicoke mosque days after he died. The crowd of mourners was so large that they could not all fit into even the expansive Khalid Bin Walid mosque.

The teen was the son of former Somali soccer star Ahmed Abdikarim, and was remembered as friendly and popular.

Mr. Abdikarim’s killing was the 11th homicide in Toronto this year.

Investigators warn the public not to approach Mr. Smith, but to contact police or Crime Stoppers anonymously if they see him. Mr. Cuff was scheduled to appear in court this morning.

---------------

I am glad they caught him, and I hope they will apprehend his accomplice.