Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

My first job: what I learned while peeling chickens

roobleh   

Valentina, thanks dear, I will let u know some of my experiences though I feel like going to a third world based on a hearsay.

FB, no, I am not that guy.

roobleh   

Valentina, thanks dear, I will let u know some of my experiences though I feel like going to a third world based on a hearsay.

FB, no, I am not that guy.

STOIC   

Rooble, dude that was great story.Glad to see that you made the right move.We all been through the long and unforgiving route of finding a descent job.My first job was working in a store packing and restocking stuff in the shelves and i basically hated it. I will probably say sorry to anyone who came to me during one of those times and asked whether a certain item was in stock and I'd bluntly lie that we are out of such and such item.I just hated the idea of going back of the store and restocking stuff! I used to be lazy and feel tapped out so easily back in those days.

Dhimbil   

My first job was easy, translating for somali families at a medical clinic. Except, I didn't like when the doctor asked embarrasing questions of patients, most often, patients i knew outside of the clinic lol.

rooleh..was this in Amarillo? my cousin told me crazy things about that place.

My first...working in er children hospital. i would wheel the kids to surgery room. then take them back to their rooms when they get out life or dead.

it was an evening job since i was doing school in the morning. But the pay was good + i would get free medical...and hang out with the nurses. I learned from there to live life simply and every day.

then take them back to their rooms when they get out life or dead.

:D:D

Waraa JB faan aad eber noogaga dhigtay ka waran. If I come to Hargeysa, darawalkaada macalaa ofice kaada ayaan iibsan karaa even gurigaada lol. laakiin waan kaa ganbisanaa since aad tahay Family hada..

Waar naga qalee niyow ,,, looooool

RedSea   

Khaalid LOL you translated alot for me probably. I think we have met alot in MN though you may not recongise but I do recognise you.

Buuxo   

Originally posted by Farancab:

Buuxo,

Habo gaaslayda ayaa waxaa loo qaybiya labba nooc. Kow, noocooda la wareega gaaska iyo kuwa la fadhiya. Labada nooc waxay ku kala duwan yahiin wax yaabo badan oo qalabka ay istic maalaaniyo qiimaha ay wax ku gadaan ka mid yihiin. Haddaba, jafaqada waxay astaan u tahay kuwooda la wareega gaaska waana walaxda ugu yar eey wax ku cabiraan. Jafaqada waxaa laga sameeyaa daasadaha qasaaca. Waa daasad dhag dheer loo yeelay.

Faynuuska lagu shubo hal jafaqo wuxuu shaqayn karaa habeenka nuskiis hadduusan dun dhumuc buuran lahayn.

Halka jafaqo waxay isku qiimo ahaayeen inta beer sandal ah, noocooda qaacig ah, lagu dhalaaliyo.

Gabadha gaaska wareejisa waxaa la dhahaa fidhiqo magaca kale oo jafaqada loo yaqaan. Haddaadan maqal jafaqo, waa in aad maqashay fidhiqo.

Haa gartey.Waxba kama xasuusti...was told i use to do the weerijin of gaaska ,no and then helping.

Rooble,My first real job was as bad as your. I would did fruit picking & packing in the school holidays.It only last 3 days.LoL...it was too hard.I had to remove the hairs of maxogo( Don't the english name of it.But looks like a big white Carrot.) in freezing cold weather.My hand became numb never went back .And then I refused to do any work until I had to(2yrs ago).

Baluug   

Originally posted by Norf 2:

^How did you manage to get your boss in trouble for tax evasion?

When I started there, he told me I would be considered self-employed, and I would pay my own taxes at the end of the year. When I quit, he didn't even give me a T4 slip(Canada's version of the slip that tells you how much you made, how much taxes you paid etc.)

So after I got laid off from the job I left the mechanic shop for, I applied for Unemployment insurance, and I included the hours I did from the first job, because I didn't have enough hours from the second job. I had all my hours recorded in a book and showed it to them, and also showed them the makeshift "T4 slip" they gave me, which was just a piece of lined paper with the total amount of money I made. I even told them that I didn't report it on my income tax(because it was already the next year and I had filed my taxes already).

It took the unemployment insurance people around 4 months to decide on a ruling on the case, but they finally got back to me and told me I wasn't self-employed(which I guess was obvious, but I didn't know at the time) and sent me 3 weeks worth of UI, about $1100. By this time I already was knee-deep into the cow slaughtering business and that monmey was all extra, so I ended up blowing it all on a huge party that weekend :D They never actually told me what they were going to do with my old boss, but I'm guessing he got in big sh*t....

Som@li   

Interesting,

My first job,I worked at Somali style Cinemas ,As a young boy, it was great as I loved movies, the only hard part was starting the Yanmar diesel engine at 5 pm, with Manual handle. It was also when i felt in love with machines.

Salma   

Sec-re-ta-ry, I am full of all kinds of secrets...But, truly it was great, it taught me how to be an organized person in both office and persnal life. Unfotunately some somalis cannot understand what does it mean to be "oraganized" :D

P.S. I enjoy writing "Things to Do"