Sign in to follow this  

Global warming

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

I think this whole 'global warming' thing is a hoax, they say earth is getting warmer - so what. You rather want it to be cold and miserable? This whole thing I think is drawing attention from more important things like fighting poverty or ending diseases that is more of threat to humanity now, than something that is predicted to happen hundreds of yrs after we're gone.

If the politicians are taking their time to write about global warming in the Evening Standard, then you bet it's a lie.

The most interesting bit of Ed Miliband's article:

" The unprecedented nature of the challenge across the world may seem daunting. It will require difficult choices, including here at home as we transform our energy systems, our housing stock and our transport system. Difficult it may be but just we should be candid about the challenges, so we must not forget the potential benefits"

Benefits indeed. He must be very inspired by his fellow politician-turned-green-activist Al Gore who's become a multi-millionaire after taking the issue of global warming to his heart.

Saw some students dressed as ice bears in the underground, asking if people have seen habitance. How stup1d can you get, I mean really?

Rayyan   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

quote:Originally posted by Rayan*:

secondly what gender is 2+2=5? before we talk about global warming and the dire consequences.

I fail to see how that question is relevant at all.
Correct and needless to say it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but generally its a basic human decency to address a lady as a lady and gentleman as a gentleman, when conversing or debating, even in internet medium, what baffles me is the Who's me in here! ;)

When you get time read about this guy called George Monbiot - one of those who made their name on this topic - he writes on the british guardian - some call him the prophet of the doom, others a wise whistle blower and a pure environmentalist.

This his blogg

It's funny how NASA instruments on the Mars rover missions have shown that the atmosphere of Mars fluctuates just as much as, if not more than, the atmosphere of planet Earth. So I guess we're causing the pollution over there as well? This global warming hype is just that-- A BIG HYPE! It's a shakedown for big money, in the form of higher taxes with the ultimate goal of a few people in the know becoming incredibly wealthy, and subjugating and controlling the ignorant poor masses of the world by forcing them into further poverty and instilling dependence on an all powerful government.

Basically, it's another way of tricking the masses into willing compliance to an all controlling regime, while telling them that their willing sacrifice is good for the planet. In the meantime Al Gore $CO will continue to travel the world in their humongous jets and enjoy the finest luxuries money can buy. Of course, this will all be paid for with our carbon credit taxes!

^

Sherban, you confuse evolution with religion, or lack thereof. The two in my opinion, are totally different. For instance, I believe in evolution, which is basically when organisms adapt to their respective environments over time and change anatomically or physically. At the same time, I believe that everything, including these evolving organisms and time itself, were created by Allah(SWT). And both of these beliefs of mine, do not contradict one another.

Now, that's my humble take on that issue, even though I did not intend to hijack this thread's initial topic. My apologies to the wrong equation that started this thread. smile.gif

Originally posted by Rayan*:

quote:Originally posted by 2+2=5:

quote:

Originally posted by Rayan*:

secondly what gender is 2+2=5? before we talk about global warming and the dire consequences.

I fail to see how that question is relevant at all.
Correct and needless to say it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but generally its a basic human decency to address a lady as a lady and gentleman as a gentleman, when conversing or debating, even in internet medium, what baffles me is the Who's me in here!
;)

When you get time read about this guy called George Monbiot - one of those who made their name on this topic - he writes on the british guardian - some call him the prophet of the doom, others a wise whistle blower and a pure environmentalist.

OK. I simply found it odd that you wanted to know my gender before proceeding with the discussion. I admire your good manners, but it is perfectly fine to just refer to me as 5.

Thanks for the link. I have a terrible headache right now, so I can't really read it. I've bookmarked it.

As for my gender; it's no secret, it's there in my posts. Dig through, it's much more fun that way for me smile.gif

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

I noticed you are using "global warming" and "climate change" terms interchangeably. The two don't necessarily mean the same thing.

The globe warms because the climate changes. I don't understand the purpose of your post. Would you like to elaborate what you mean?

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

It's funny how NASA instruments on the Mars rover missions have shown that the atmosphere of Mars fluctuates just as much as, if not more than, the atmosphere of planet Earth. So I guess we're causing the pollution over there as well? This global warming hype is just that-- A BIG HYPE! It's a shakedown for big money, in the form of higher taxes with the ultimate goal of a few people in the know becoming incredibly wealthy, and subjugating and controlling the ignorant poor masses of the world by forcing them into further poverty and instilling dependence on an all powerful government.

Basically, it's another way of tricking the masses into willing compliance to an all controlling regime, while telling them that their willing sacrifice is good for the planet. In the meantime Al Gore $CO will continue to travel the world in their humongous jets and enjoy the finest luxuries money can buy. Of course, this will all be paid for with our carbon credit taxes!

You hit the nail on the head.

^

My apologies to the wrong equation that started this thread.
smile.gif

LOL that was kind of insulting.

^

Sherban, you confuse evolution with religion, or lack thereof. The two in my opinion, are totally different. For instance, I believe in evolution, which is basically when organisms adapt to their respective environments over time and change anatomically or physically. At the same time, I believe that everything, including these evolving organisms and time itself, were created by Allah(SWT). And both of these beliefs of mine, do not contradict one another.

This is my opinion exactly, but people on these boards often fail to make this distinction, and seem to think that only atheists can believe in evolution. I've been trying to say for ages that belief in God and belief in evolution are perfectly compatible.

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

^

This is my opinion exactly, but people on these boards often fail to make this distinction, and seem to think that only atheists can believe in evolution. I've been trying to say for ages that belief in God and belief in evolution are perfectly compatible.
Evolution is a fact. It's evolutionary theory people find hard to stomach. There's a discussion about this in the debate's section, please don't hijack this thread, go there instead.

BTW as a side note, as a Muslim you can't really believe in human's evolutionary process as it is clear from the Quran that God created Banu Adam as separate lineage.

Climate change isn't man made! (to get us back to the topic)

BTW as a side note, as a Muslim you can't really believe in human's evolutionary process as it is clear from the Quran that God created Banu Adam as separate lineage.

Sorry 2+2=5, but you can't drop such a bombshell and expect us to skip along like nothing happened.

Yes, we did not evolve from apes and turn into men. In that aspect, you're right and it has been clearly delineated by our Holy Book. But at the same, we are much different, physically, from Nabi Adam and our early forefathers; due to the evolution that was/is caused by our adaptation to our different habitats around the world.

Now, back to your topic. I gotta a question for ya, 2+2=5:

Hype or no hype-- what say you about pursuing alternative energy sources, without using this global warming scare ?

Isn't that plausible?

Rayyan   

As for my gender; it's no secret, it's there in my posts. Dig through, it's much more fun that way for me
smile.gif
[/QB]

OK. I simply found it odd that you wanted to know my gender before proceeding with the discussion. I admire your good manners, but it is perfectly fine to just refer to me as 5.

Thanks for the link. I have a terrible headache right now, so I can't really read it. I've bookmarked it.

As for my gender; it's no secret, it's there in my posts. Dig through, it's much more fun that way for me

:D It will be a sheer idiocy if I don’t look at, get ready for flirting if that become so true, a young lady hiding behind a wrong mathematical notation,unless you proof otherwise.

5. & Mr Somalia, I don’t get your stance at all,. Human activity has had huge negative impacts on this planet, the ever growing population and its consumption is changing the face of our world, we are polluting the atmosphere, the seas and oceans and devastating the finely balanced eco system. Right now you sound like Rush Limbough and the crazy gang.

While I don’t buy into politicians sermons the proof for Global warming and the negative human impact on our atmosphere is clear.

As for 5. if only your name was an 8, then a brother would take notice. :D