Sign in to follow this  

Global warming

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

Sorry 2+2=5, but you can't drop such a bombshell and expect us to skip along like nothing happened.

Ah, what a shame.

Yes, we did not evolve from apes and turn into men. In that aspect, you're right and it has been clearly delineated by our Holy Book. But at the same, we are much different, physically, from Nabi Adam and our early forefathers; due to the evolution that was/is caused by our adaptation to our different habitats around the world.

Due to evolution or devolution? :D

I heard they were bigger.

Now, back to your topic. I gotta a question for ya, 2+2=5:

Hype or no hype-- what say you about pursuing alternative energy sources, without using this global warming scare ?

Yeah sure, why not. Just make me a major shareholder of the mother company.

I remember my school teacher teaching us about the ozone layer and how it was getting thinner and thinner. Whatever happened to that, by the way?

Originally posted by Rayan*:

:D
It will be a sheer idiocy if I don’t look at, get ready for flirting if that become so true, a young lady hiding behind a wrong mathematical notation,unless you proof otherwise.

Found out yet?

I think you might be quite shocked. Just don't do anything reckless, OK?

Originally posted by General Duke:

5. & Mr Somalia, I don’t get your stance at all,. Human activity has had huge negative impacts on this planet, the ever growing population and its consumption is changing the face of our world, we are polluting the atmosphere, the seas and oceans and devastating the finely balanced eco system. Right now you sound like Rush Limbough and the crazy gang.

I've never listened to Rush Limbaugh, but I like to be in the company of people whose names distantly remind me of certain Italian luxury sports car manufacturer.

While I don’t buy into politicians sermons the proof for Global warming and the negative human impact on our atmosphere is clear.

And you based this on exactly what? Climate change scientists who get funding from the governments run by these politicians?

As for 5. if only your name was an 8, then a brother would take notice.
[/QB]

8 is a lot more special sounding than 5, I agree.

^^^Acid Rain, the melting of the Ice Caps in the polar regions, the drying up of the world specially where we come from. Adeer, no 5 you are being a sceptic for the fun of it, the world is getting polluted by our actions and we do need to change our ways.

^

Duke,

Once again we have numerous other reasons to keep our environments safe to live and to look for clean renewable sources of energy without even mentioning global warming-- so my question is, why do they feel the need to trump up false data about the earth warming up, just to scare the world to reduce emissions? This is what I don't get.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Acid Rain,

Did you know that (apparently) even 60 minutes ran an episode entitled 'The Acid Rain Hoax' back in the 1980s?

In any case, the acid in acid rain is no more harmful than in tomatoes. But with a little scaremongering, environmentalists managed to convice a lot of people.

the melting of the Ice Caps in the polar regions

During winter??

the drying up of the world specially where we come from.

So droughts will no longer be natural, like in the past, but rather, 'man-made'?

Adeer, no 5 you are being a sceptic for the fun of it,

the world is getting polluted by our actions and we do need to change our ways.

Or else Gaia will suffer? :D

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

^

Duke,

Once again we have numerous other reasons to keep our environments safe to live and to look for clean renewable sources of energy without even mentioning global warming-- so my question is, why do they feel the need to trump up false data about the earth warming up, just to scare the world to reduce emissions? This is what I don't get.

To unite the people; mutual enemy and the works.