Sign in to follow this  
JIDAAWY

Tips... Tips... Tips... Tips... Tips.. AND More Tips

N.O.R.F   

How to avoid paying council tax:

Inform yr local council that u have moved out of yr family house by stating yr going away to another country. Just make sure to check for any police or CID cars outside yr house every morning before work.

Originally posted by JIDAAWY:

you can find the best deals for used cars in the southern states. Like Tennessee and Ohio where cars are really cheap.

first of all, Ohio is not a "Southern State". ;) and second of all, did he check the Vin number for his 2001 Volswagon on www.Carfax.com ? if not i would strongly suggest that he does.

BTW, i do agree with you on that. buying a vehicle in Tennessee and Kentucky is cheaper. i'm not so sure about ohio though.

Kool_Kat   

For those who plan to purch or recently purchased a computer from Dell, they also offer free stuff to retain their cust, or not have the product return to them...ie, free upgrades, scanner, printer, digital camera, etc...They will offer you these products, if you are unhappy with the product and planning to return it...They will also offer you these free procuts, if they send you the wrong product (ie, if they build your computer a little different than what you ordered)...If you can still use it, I would say get the free stuff, and keep the computer...

Tuujiye   
IF U RUN A RED LIGHT UNKNOWINGLY N U GET COUGHT BY THE CAMERA'S N THEY SENT U A TICKET THIS IS WAT U DO TAKE A PICTURE OF $100. BILL N SENT IT 2 THEM :D:D

N.O.R.F   

A tip that i got from a Somali Old man who used to be a seaman.

If your in full time employment and feel as tho your paying to much tax.

1) Ring the Inland Revenue and inform them that you send money back to somaliland/somalia every month to needy family members.

2)Fax them the reciepts from Dahabshiil

3) They will (upon acceptance)change your tax code from L to H

4) You will receive a tax break, therefore monies going to tax every month will probably be reduced my 40%.

Apparently u will need to fax the receipts every so often but not on a monthly basis. So who ever is interested try it. These old men are always wise init?? :D Not sure if this is done these days tho?

tuujiye $100 is too much. I only paid 50 dollars and by the way they tell you that you won't get any points..just pay that amount and it will never show in your records.

about what the last brother said. I don't think it is safe now days prior to what had happened and the terrorism hunt..things had gone worse here let alone tell them you send money..they will just investigate you directly. so i don't think it is wise...but good info if only there wasn't 911

you know what there is something that i don't understand about my state. whenever I don't renew my plate number or i delay months i pay extra money to the tax collectors. they send me these chunck leters that i have to pay this amount when i already paid another money at the counter table in renewing my plate #

Faheema.   

Houllier Thanks for that tip, since I actually do sent money back home why not claim it back of the Tax Man and send more money ;) .

I hope that also applies to Self-Employed/Contractors.

One more thing...I would appreciate if any of you got tips Tax Returns. What are the Do's and Don'ts when returning your first year of Self Assessment tax return forms.

Thank you in advance.

N.O.R.F   

Like i said, i aint sure of the reliability the info,,,,,tax assessment form? ask sujui who is uaually hasseling businesses for their tax forms and what have you, but be careful he has been know to send in the bailiffs to recover any outstanding taxes,,,,, :D

lol ahh Houllier, dont take your frustrations out on me just because ur *** got sacked smile.gif .

The is a SA Helpline for filling in the form sis i shall endevour to find it for you. I am not quite in the know as regarding the Individual SA form, am more familiar with the Company Taxation SA.

The universal rule that applies when ur feeling out the forms are to fill in all the required fields, read any accompaning notes on how to fill in the form, and submit any necessary documentation such as P45 or P60 to show your current or last years annual income arising from work, capital gains etc etc, on time smile.gif

The donts, well dont submit the form without first checkin that you have filled out all the fields that apply to you, and that you have submited all the Revenue asked for.

NGONGE   

Isn't a bit too early to be submitting your Self Assessments?

Anyway, as long as you send them in before September, the guys at the Inland Revenue will more than gladly help you fill them out. The key here is to submit them before the deadline.

Jaabir   

Can someone tell me where I can get good deals for Chrome dubs… I am in the market for an 18 or 19 inch chrome wheels.. much like this one here….

VT1038.jpg

Gediid   

LOL@Darman

The best place would be the brothers or ask a Hispanic,I'm sure they know where the cheap stuff is at...... :D

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Gediid:

LOL@Darman

The best place would be the brothers or ask a Hispanic,I'm sure they know where the cheap stuff is at......
:D

Waraa gediid.. chrome wheels are not expensive if you know where to look saxib.. this black dude who works with me got a set of 4 chrome dubs (like the one above) for like $300!! and that included the damn tires!! :eek:

NGONGE   

Has anyone noticed how most of the tips on this thread are dodgy and dishonest ones?

Are we a nation of fraudsters? No offence intended just a general question. :(