Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Nigerian scams

Khayr   

Anybody been involved in one?

I just received a reply to an email about a vehicle i was looking in to. The person replied with the body of the message containing "send me your full name and address and we can continue the transaction".

So I just replied with "here is my address......." and lucky for him, he will be contacting the fraud office, to complete his transaction. :D

Khayr   

Just got a reply from them:

Hello again,

I received your address and I will make the final arrangements for shipping delivery tomorrow. The truck is reserved for you right now and I will inform ebay about our deal.They will notify you with the payment instructions in a few hours.I am very pleased with the way things have gone so far. Your cooperation has been such a blessing and I thank you for everything.As soon as you receive the email from eBay get back to me and let me know.

It's a pleasure doing business with you!

I just gave them an address, I didn't say anything about Payment or Ebay?

This is funnyyyyy. redface.gif

Khayr   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Khayr, you are screwed big time.

When he says "I received your address", he is not talking about the fake one you sent.

Saxib, what is he talking about then. You got me worried. I sent the emails from work and not home. :(

I was reading somewhere that these scams cost a lot of money for the society every year. I'm just wondering how much more these individuals who fall for these things, cost the society.

poiuyt   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

I was reading somewhere that these scams cost a lot of money for the society every year. I'm just wondering how much more these individuals who fall for these things, cost the society.

You're screwed.

Originally posted by Khayr:

So I just replied with "here is my address......." and lucky for him, he will be contacting the fraud office, to complete his transaction.
:D

This is the kind of thing Ian Hislop would say!

Seems they are very careful here ,,,, they will send a request to that address you provided and if there is nothing then they know it is not you ,,,

you should have someone inside the fraud office ,,, :D

Abtigiis   

Jacayl, unrelated laakin tolaa'yey nabiyoow tog baa i xidhee xageen kaaga soo talaabaa baan marayaa. Bal meeshi faaruqi tilmaantaadii waxbaaa iga qaldamaye. Way buuxdaa buu leeyahay Libaax-sanka-taabe.

hodman   

I actually saw this woman wiring money to Nigeria to allegedly rent an apartment here! Couldn't convince her to look into it further. What some ppl fall for