Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Ali Awrala Movie (London)

SoMa_InC   

I have been to Imperial College in South Kensington to watch the highly-rated Somali movie and I was amazed. I have to give my thumbs up to the all those involved, the Directors, Actors and the rest of the crew.

Did you watch the movie? What did you think of it?

Peace

Dhubad.   

^^I heard the movie was off the hook man. I was supposed to watch it but couldn't make it.

They should do more screenings in London....

Aaliyyah   

Still waiting ....I dont know when they gonna play it in TO?? (if any one knows plz lemme know)...when they do insha-allah ama go and c it. Now that u guys liked it, I am sure my money wont be wasted. Looking forward to it. :D

wa salaamu alaikum

SoMa_InC   

^^^It was £15, very expensive for a film but since it is a Somali thing the price has to be different innit. Why is Somali stuff i.e. Ruwayaad, movies very expensive? You have to pay £30 to see Hassan Adan Samatar and £10 to see a hiphop/ r&b artist?

Dhubad, The movie was excellent, I really liked it. They had three different screening in London. If you missed it, just wait a little while and a DVD will come out.

How come I missed this topic!!. Thanks SoMa_InC I am glad that you posted this and I truly agree with you that this movie is over the top. Truly amazing movie!! Re. the price, I believe it is worth £15 if not more....

Here in Århus, Denmark, in specail private screening (preview) for friends of the director, I had the honor to be invited to see this well ahead the of the official Denmark Screening dates smile.gif . I watched the whole movie and man!!, I want to watch it again and again when it is out. I was deeply touched by the quality of the movie and that of these young amazing actors. and everything was top (the sound, picture, music(new) and the storyline as well) It is about 2 hour long heartrending movie, for me it was like I sat there for about 10 min. Definetely it is a MUST see movie and I vote for it to be the best somali movie ever made. Rate it, well... 9 out of 10

PS. They are showing in Bristol, Birmingham, and London again before it come to the nordic countries and then over the atlantic, I was told.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Truly amazing indeed!

Allamagan, since you are part of the 'friends of the Director', how about getting the SOL family a pirate copy? :D

Ibtisam   

^^loool^ do people really do that, And there are signs every where saying report if you see... loool :D talking about getting him in to trouble.

I think it will be out in Somali shops on DVD soon anyway. I missed it too.

SoMa_InC   

lol Northerner, I got searched when I was going in. I was astonished that he took my ipod out to see if it had a camera on. They were very serious about this issue.

BOB   

I will watch after I borrow from whoever amongst my friends buys it first and copy it Insha Allah... :cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

^^^Truly amazing indeed!

Allamagan, since you are part of the 'friends of the Director', how about getting the SOL family a pirate copy?
:D

Soma INC,

Brother, you saw the movie in your eyes and all the efforts these brothers put into it, so after all this they honestly don't deserve to be snitched or pirate-copied their stuff rather they need our support by simply going to see the movie or buy the DVD. Am I not right? I want to go when they showing it in Copenhagen and this time with my qofteyda

As SOMA INC said they have a good system in place so dont try to take digiCam with you if you dont want to be embarrassed at the gate :D lets not let them down yaa SOLers!

Originally Posted by The Chief

I will watch after I borrow from whoever amongst my friends buys it first and copy it Insha Allah...

Brother The Chief, islamicly it is wrong to do that, if you are a practising muslim and on the other hand they will encode the DVDs in order to make it very hard to be copied. The DVDs will come out the end of year so you better not to miss when it comes out a cinema near you icon_razz.gif