Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Conviction and Virginity..Islam and Culture..

Did you value your Virginity Flipmode?

smile.gif Yes dear.It is part of my religion and just need to be a good boy for sure . Do u value yours anyways >>>>>makala..?

Read this verse of the HOLY QORAN that talks about this behaviours..

SURATAL MUUMINUUN(Believers)

1 Successful indeed are the believers.

2 Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.

3 And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden).

4 And those who pay the Zakat .

5 And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

6 Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

7 But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;

8 Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants;

9 And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).

10 These are indeed the inheritors.

11 Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.

Why was my message censored?Who is sheherezade anyway, she is the one who erased it? :confused:

Well, whatever!

Flipmode, my point is some people said publicly they valued virginity whereas they had sex before without being married which is hypocrite and silly. We live in the West, it is easy to have sex without anyone knowing it exept your lover. Faraax and halimo are not different from the others nationalities, rare are the Halimos who stay virgin till marriage, and I am not even talking about the Faraax.

So What's the point of stating you value virginity? Unless you stayed virging till your wedding night, flipmode!

Myself I don't value virginity because Why would I frustate myself to my wedding night? My future husband will probably not be a virgin, so what's the big deal?

I am muslim and I know it's haraam but at least I am not trying to be a hypcrite and I won't come to this forum and praise "virginity".

If you talk the talk, walk the walk Flipmode.

Now Miss Sheherazade, are you a virgin?

Don't tell you are going to censor this again!

Frankly, when will somali people can talk about sex openly and frankly?

rare are the Halimos who stay virgin till marriage, and I am not even talking about the Faraax.So What's the point of stating you value virginity? Unless you stayed virging till your wedding night, flipmode!

Myself I don't value virginity because Why would I frustate myself to my wedding night? My future husband will probably not be a virgin, so what's the big deal?I am muslim and I know it's haraam but at least I am not trying to be a hypcrite

Nice try but this part only stinks!!!

Myself I don't value virginity because Why would I frustate myself to my wedding night?

you know it is haraam but still do it.. So u think that is making it better and you call yourself a muslim... is that how far ISLAM has reached

No wonder everyone can just abuse ISLAM and still feel "fine"

Makalajabti,

... rare are the Halimos who stay virgin till marriage, and I am not even talking about the Faraax.

Generalization..? smile.gifsmile.gif maybe you didn't even read the article I posted earlier..xaliimos in Portland, USA..

"Our religion and culture teaches us that when you're a virgin it's something that comes once in a lifetime," says Maalim. "It's like a gift from God. And once you lose it, it's gone.

Read it here

We live in the West and prefer abstinence...

I hate this notion..

we live in the west

...So what?

Not all people are like you Makalajabti..

Ibtisam   

i don't see the big deal. its your life, do what you wanna do with it, only you have to answer to your actions.

Personally i would not stay a virgin just to please some razz *** man on a wedding night. i could not care less what he expects or wants.

it makes sense to stay a virgin simply because you don't want to have sex or don't see the big deal or have moral/religious issues with it. All of the above are good enough reason to stay virgin, but for some guy, hell no

cheers

Originally posted by makalajabti:

Why was my message censored?Who is sheherezade anyway, she is the one who erased it? :confused:

No need to be confused. I am a Moderator. Your response was personal. I deleted it. His repsonse earlier was personal. I deleted it. Talk about sex till u're blue in the face if u like, just stick with the rules.

Originally posted by The Flipmode:

Makalajabti,

quote:

... rare are the Halimos who stay virgin till marriage, and I am not even talking about the Faraax.

Generalization..?
smile.gifsmile.gif
maybe you didn't even read the article I posted earlier..xaliimos in Portland, USA..

"Our religion and culture teaches us that when you're a virgin it's something that comes once in a lifetime," says Maalim. "It's like a gift from God. And once you lose it, it's gone.

Read it here

I hate this notion..

we live in the west

...So what?

Not all people are
like you Makalajabti..
Flipmode, those girls are 18, most halimo/faraax are virgin at 18, they are teenagers right?

All things being said, I know what I am talking about, and ..you know.

If some people want to stay virging till their wedding , Man'Sh'Allah. Great for them, it means they have resisted temptation and stayed away from sins.I can only applaud.

Now, reality check, we are only humans and therefore inclined to sin.

But no one can lecture on how to keep one's virginity, those teenagers may but no one else.

And I noticed that somali people are a little hypocrite when it comes to sex: men exhort abstinence and girls boast about being virgin.

By fear of social stigma.

I only hope people would assume their acts and not talk hypocritically

J.Lee   

Why would I frustate myself to my wedding night?

You call it frustration; I call it hands-on-learning. (I think I just made my-self laugh :D )

Remember walaal, good men are for good women, and that bad men are for bad women. Think about that before you decide you don't want to frustrate yourself on your "wedding night"

Originally posted by Jimca Lee:

quote:

Remember walaal, good men are for good women, and that bad men are for bad women.
Jimca, I would like to know what's your definition of "bad men/women".

For me a bad man or woman is the person who doesn't take care of his/her family(children/parents), a person who is not generous, honnest, caring towards his/her relatives. A good person is the one who doesn't steal, cheat on people and stay away from crime.

A person who wants to live a modest, honnest life.

Now, what's sex has to do with it?

:confused:

Why is this even an argument of some sorts ... it is simple and clear in the Quraan sex to a person u not married to is forbidden, we all know and accept that.

The Quraan and Ahadith has also provided us with ways to live out lifes so such temptations do no cross our minds ... is how you lead your life that will determine what sins you encounter in life ...

But please do not try justify any sins .. the west does put pressure on us .. but that gives us more reason to be wearry of our action and who we mix with.

'We live in the West' will not provide you with excises on judgment day .. in fact many a people have become more steadfast in their deen since arriving in the West ..

so i ask for once favour .. do not try to justify a sin .. cause thats what the Shaydhaan will make u beleive ...

Ibtisam   

loool :D i have to agree with makalajabti. To be honest, on who Gods earth cares what whether you have sex or not :confused: it is your private business. Any guy that asks you if you’re a virgin deserves a slap for an answer.

Yahoo. Why is it that people think having sex outside marraige is the worse sin in the world or that can be committed in the eyes of Allah? It is not, it is a sin yes, a big sin at that, but so is drinking alcohol, murder, rape etc. Don't you find it strange that Somalis who have been killing each other since the dark ages worry about whether you decide to have sex before marriage or not. I think there are bigger problems in life

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Yahoo_UK:

'We live in the West' will not provide you with excises on judgment day .. in fact many a people have become more steadfast in their deen since arriving in the West ..

so who lives in the west and does what..Sin?

Don't you find it strange that Somalis who have been killing each other since the dark ages worry about whether you decide to have sex before marriage or not. I think there are bigger problems in life

Think all Somalis are like you...?..Strange, There are some somalis By the grace of God who have never aspired to kill others..They, are the ones who got the time to ask :D:D

Ibtisam   

^^i bet someone in your family (close or extended) is a killer :rolleyes: please, Mr i'm perfect and my family is perfect :rolleyes: