Sign in to follow this  
Gorilla Theater

Are you REALLY proud to be Somali?

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

[QB] War weynu is garaneynaaye hadeynu Soomaali nahaye, kani wuu metelayaaye inagama mid aha.Waa sheegato fooqal sheegato!

Labo, dad bad baaan arakay oo sheeganya, mostly xabashi, iyo yemeni, iyo kiiniyaan, iyo afrikaan kaleba,runtii waa nice game intay somali isku jeedo, aa magaceedii umad kale ku sharicidoonatay kuna shaqaysata.

loool markay so baraarugto meeshii oo lagu kala tagay ha so toosto. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Slightly off topic,

Laba_Xiniinyood's post reminded me of the time a friend of mine was mistaken for a Afro-Caribean by laba islaamo on board a London bus LooooL

Maxaa ninka la caayey :D

I don't know why they always ask me if i'm a kenyan and some start speaking me in either Swahili or Amharic ???

what did i do to deserve that ?? :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Gorilla Theater:

I didn't mean the Somali ethnic background, I meant Somali nationalism. The blue flag, the anthem, the whole nine yards. Basically, are you proud of the Somali nation and its accomplishments since 1960, if any?

I hear some of you out. I am a Somali, but I am a proud American and a proud Minnesotan. I do not have a single Somali flag in my house nor do I ever want to take a second look at the nation of skinnies.

Occasionally, I do burn a Somali flag here and there.

Got everything you wrote there and understood most of it. What I didn't get is the occasional burning of flags? Why do you feel the need to burn a piece of cloth? What does it symbolise for you as a proud American? Failure? Unwanted past? Embarrassment?

I am, believe it or not, a proud Somali. I don't like most of the people. I don't like the backwardness (of those living in the West mostly) and I utterly despise the foolish traditions. But I'm still a proud Somali. You all should be proud Somalis really; it's a unique privilege that somehow connects you to ME. And for that, most people would be proud I'm sure. :cool:

Jacpher   

^LOL. You gotta love them ayeeyos.

I once heard ayeeyo told midkoo dhago-dhago qabaa, waryaa miyaa laguu galmoodaa :D:D:D

Igaarkaan calanka ku daacsanaaya ka qaleeya. Waqtiga meeluu ku dhumiyuu la'yahay.

I am proud to be Somali but I try not to announced to the world because I am ashamed at the majority of our people's mentality. If you talk about human rights or getting along with other communities they tell you why are you acting like a westerner and these are the so called intellectuals of the somali community.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Gorilla Theater:

Self-Hate is a step in the right direction. I'm proud of some of you. :cool:

Where did they teach you that? Sounds like a broken logic with contradiction for a backup :D .

Gorilla, you are confusing us here. You can't tell us not to be proud, to 'burn' our flag or indulge in 'self-hate'and then turn around to say 'I am proud' (of some of you?) Look, what we have here are two adjacent sentences and two contradictory messages! :D

For heaven's sake, you are making yourself redundant as an adviser! Keep your day job (if you are good at it) smile.gif .