Sign in to follow this  
Gorilla Theater

Are you REALLY proud to be Somali?

NASSIR   

People with very low self-esteem ask such questions or people who are susceptible to provisional materialism.

Actually, life is challenging and you must be willing to overcome it. I am really motivated when I am challenged or when my country and people are challenged by misfortune.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Caamir:

[QB] People with very low self-esteem ask such questions or people who are susceptible to provisional materialism.

Or young ppl who only witness the death, destruction, lack of hope, poverty and misfrotune of their ppl and country, they wonder about this ya dig. So why don't u tell us what should make somali's proud? What have they achieved or given the world or even their own? We are proud but don't know why or of what. ;)

I didn't mean the Somali ethnic background, I meant Somali nationalism. The blue flag, the anthem, the whole nine yards. Basically, are you proud of the Somali nation and its accomplishments since 1960, if any?

I hear some of you out. I am a Somali, but I am a proud American and a proud Minnesotan. I do not have a single Somali flag in my house nor do I ever want to take a second look at the nation of skinnies.

Occasionally, I do burn a Somali flag here and there.

Laba-X   

War weynu is garaneynaaye hadeynu Soomaali nahaye, kani wuu metelayaaye inagama mid aha.Waa sheegato fooqal sheegato!

Ibtiladaana intii ka timid. War habarta udoga la saar maqli jiray. Wixii wayraxaba Soomaaleey iska kor maduubeeyaan.Maalig kaamo soo ag dhawaatay minankiina noo dhaaf xumuu fildaranay.

chubacka   

Originally posted by Gorilla Theater:

I do not have a single Somali flag in my house nor do I ever want to take a second look at the nation of skinnies.

Occasionally, I do burn a Somali flag here and there. [/QB]

I bet you have a huge American flag inside and outside you house though :rolleyes:

You carry on being a proud American, I don't think its a big loss to Somalia whether you go back or not.

Gorrila, ooh u sound one too. waryaa maxaad isugu kaaya masaxaysaa? maba lihid nasiibkaa. Sankadhuudhi waaxid?

So u hear we aint proud? Even though we may have lost lives n everything thing else, we have ISLAM and patriotism.

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

Gorrila, ooh u sound one too. waryaa maxaad isugu kaaya masaxaysaa? maba lihid nasiibkaa. Sankadhuudhi waaxid?

So u hear we aint proud? Even though we may have lost lives n everything thing else, we have ISLAM and patriotism.

I have a feeling that you have a mental image that I'm a 40 year old White guy who is still pissed off about the incident of October 1993, same with your buddies above you.

No, I am a middle aged Somali man (ethnic background) living in the United States, with a green backyard, a nice truck, and a huge...*grill* :cool:

Those are comforts I can no longer find in Somalia, and if I was currently a resident of that nation, I would do a little less puffing of the chest, and they sure do a lot of that, whether for tribal reasons or nostalgia.

I want the current Somali flag replaced with a portrait of a pile of poop and a finger pointing to it, with neon text that reads "The Repooplic of Somalia."

Yeah... smile.gif

Adigoo waxba kaa jabjabin calankaas faraha ka qaad. Mar aad dhahdid waa gubaa iyo mar aad xaar ku sheegtid, waxa kuu geystay ma'ogi, edebdaro iyo ciyaalnimo waxee tahayba, calankeena mar labaad faraha kala bax, intaadana farahaaga ku guban.

Mise attention ayaa saan loo raadiyaa?

Mar labaad anagaa ku jecel wuxuu yahay, nac ama diid ama ku sas, it is here to stay. Hoo hadiyad ka dhigo kuwaan:

jsomcal.gifjsomcal.gifjsomcal.gif