Sign in to follow this  
nuune

I have two husbands: A polygamist’s diary

Jibbaaran, polygamy is good from a family perspective as it means there will always be adults around for the kids, the adults can rely on other adults to help out, etc etc. Think of having a good supportive family, and then multiply the support that can come from that family.

As you mentioned, there would be limitation on the offsprings, as there would only be one producer :D , but otherwise, it would be no different.

Also, quantity and quality are not mutually exclusive, noh?

Islam needing an upgrade - not a question really, as I was just musing. As my lovely niqabi cousin would say when I muse around her, our job is to obey and not seek answers to everything as we will never know the infinite wisdom behind why certain restrictions are put in place smile.gif

MZanzi   

Nuune camoo qoftaas Giryamadi mombasa maa wax ugalin wale iney naagta naag nool tahay tahay ..inkasto dacaanka xaw is ciifan unuci rakin gym ramkan uk ra'aka iska soqlaa ...xaw dhan am baqan lol.....

nuune   

Orange ehehe, ha i xasuusin Giryaamada, kuwaas waxba ma gashtaan, laakin waxaa la yiri bagdhahooda fuqul aa raasan nacdhadooda, fuqul aa uk rixan, hada ka hro aa mid soomaali isku dayay inuu ka taabsado, qufulkii uu mari waayey, waa sheeka run ah

MZanzi   

loool nuune kuwaas giryama ma ahan TURKANA aa la dhahaa saanaha nabaanka yaawe xamaan ka baat baatay ramkaan goojay Lokchokia

Blessed   

Did you guys read the whole article? Blimey. She has two husbands, each having two wives, there's also a girlfriend thrown in the mix-up and it's all lovey dovey.. :eek: :eek: Talk about a complicated relationship, I got dizzy just reading about it. Bisinka, some confused kids in the making there. :(

nuune   

^^^ I guess no one read the whole article to get the real story, yes meesha waa wives and husbands, in equal sharing, each man having two women as well, hence the article's name ("polygamist")!!

finance is shared, house works shared, nights split, such an orderly fashion :D

That article generated 240 pages of comments on MSNBC, very unusual responces most of them denouncing this behavious, and some of them saying they practice this type of multiple marriage(alot of undercover people there).

Cara.   

LOL. When I was a kid, it was the norm to describe your sibling with: "isku hooyo iyo isku aabaa nahay" so if anything we Somalis should be most familiar with complicated family relationships :D

Like Blessed, I wonder how the kids will parse this, do they call each of the women 'Mom' and both guys 'dad'? But I suppose all children need is lots of love and nurturing and they can deal with any strange family setups. Although no doubt there will be a few playground misunderstandings:

Kid 1: My mommy is taking me to the mall.

Polygamist's kid: Which of your mommies?

Kid 1: ??

Cara.   

LOL. Well yeah, but another part of me thought: They say 1 in 2 marriages end in divorce and there are 2 marriages in that household...