Sign in to follow this  
nuune

I have two husbands: A polygamist’s diary

nuune   

From the MSNBC article:

"Non-traditional" is a popular catchall phrase that seems, in common usage, to mean anything that differs from the mainstream. It also describes a large portion of my life.

My upbringing was entirely unremarkable, and certainly included nothing of this sort. I was first introduced to such alternative relationships in college when a female friend of mine and I knowingly decided to share the same boyfriend.

No, not a threesome, just going out with the same guy. It was partially a matter of convenience, and partially the fact that we were close friends. We both liked him very much, didn't want to fight over him, and he wasn't anxious to choose between us. As this was my first intimate relationship and it became polyamorous, it is hardly surprising that I ended up in a polygamist marriage. My first husband was Alan.

We fell together like a couple of old shoes, somehow instantly comfortable with each other. We had similar opinions about plural relationships, and neither of us was averse to the idea. Around a year and a half after we were married, we met Eric. He and I were instantly attracted to each other and, as Alan had no objection, we began getting to know each other better. Over time, I found myself falling in love with Eric. Alan certainly wasn't blind to this, so we all got together to discuss it. This turned out to be one of the most important conversations of my life, and led to an increase in my family’s size. Alan and Eric let me make the sleeping arrangements, Read more

Ms DD   

Stop playing with words. "used" is disgusting word. I prefer to think that variety is the spice of life. Besides this lady has no faith to limit her.

nuune   

Maxaad ula jeedaa nefis :D ma iskala bixis ba, mise waa leersi, wax xil leh unbaa lagaa maqli adna,

I remember story about young woman who was married to 5 brothers at the same time in big house, very lovely family, but she could not conceive any children, malahaa raximkaa kala go'ay

Faheema.   

Religion aside...what is the problem here?

If a man marries 2 woman they say 'waa geesi' but a woman with 2 husbands...she's 'used and abused'

Ms DD   

Ma ila aragtey Faheemaay? It is far from abused and used. In fact, she aint stuck with one iska dhoohan , who wouldnt know madax from majo.

thats the difference in gender.

religion aside, we all know a woman tat sleeps around is 'h***' all cultures par none, even if the woman does it knowingly and willingly she will always feel 'used' rather than her using the man. A woman 'uses' a man to an extent, tats using his card to go shopping, getting him to run arond for her, take her everywhere etc. , but if that man gets his way with her then she is being 'used'.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by -II-:

Religion aside...what is the problem here?

If a man marries 2 woman they say 'waa geesi' but a woman with 2 husbands...she's 'used and abused'

One has a receptor and the other a crane. Which is likely to get bad? :D

MS DD

As usual. waan isfahanay. :D:D

chubacka   

Originally posted by nuune:

From the MSNBC article:

Around a year and a half after we were married, we met Eric.

hahaha, that sounds so funny. but don't for one min believe poor Alan is okay with his wife jst going over to her "other" husbands house whenever she wants.