Sign in to follow this  
D

Ladies who are graduating.......

D   

Have you guys found your outfit for the big day?? I would like to wear a nice dress, but the options are so limited! All the pretty dresses are short :mad:

So finals week is just beginning and I won't have time to hit the malls until days before my graduation. Would any of you ladies care to help me find a nice dress/skirt/outfit? I know there are some fashionistas in here, help a sister out!!

Its hard to find a long dress but have tried the fabric store the have some nice fabrics that you can buy and have the sawing people do it for you I got some diracs and people always ask which Somali mall did u buy ck it u might find some think cool. :eek:

J.Lee   

That cabaayad is nice but it seems too Morticia Addams-ish...Go for a simple black one that is lined with at least one of your school colors.

You won't find long skirts in most stores these days: every one is going gaga goo dolls over those little masculine shorts and capri pants.

U can't ask for help and not say where u live or do u want online suggestions or are u just u know blahing..

Wear nothing underneath. They won't know, will they? Don't u get to wear those ridiculous gowns? Go topless.

Graduation ceremonies are over-rated if you are graduating from uni what you need to worry about is getting a decent and a well paying job and I seriously doubt anyone here can help you with that.

D   

I was looking for websites actually. I've seen enough of the Nordstroms, Banana Republic, etc. websites. Just wanted to see if anyone had any fresh suggestions.

Scarlet, that abaya is lovely.

Didi... I already secured my job--don't need help with that. Thanks.

Khalaf   

How about Prom dress, is the season of proms, ain't you worried about that too?

---Walaalshiis…um not judging do as u wish….everyone will answer for their actions on a Great Day…but um just reminding u….u are a Muslim…u have said the shahadah your oath to Islam…with it come many requirements…an important one is following and obeying the Prophet(saw)….loving his way…his nation…and not agreeing to the ways of other nations(prom…dancing…alcohol….mixing of men/women)….or following their way….he/she who agrees to…follows….and loves the ways of other nations….then the nation of Muhammad(saw)….is not among the nation of Muhammad(saw)….do as u wish….but Allah will not be pleased with u if u attend proms….and by your actions u choose the way of Kufar then the way of Al-Islam. Think yaa Muslims…do u love Allah and His Messenger(saw)….if u do then abandon the practices of non-Muslims. May Allah Guide Us.

sorry ladies...dont mean to intrude on ur disscussion. Salaamun

hodman   

^^ Khalaf why do you like preaching so much? What is so kufarish about going to your graduation. :confused:

Ibtisam   

Hey need something to wear too... London fashion is going down heel. In a couple of month time, when I need a dress for, lord knows what horrendous outfits and colours will be in fashion. So any nice dresses you see send it my way. Long/ short I’m not bothered.

The shoes and bag I can take care of, I see so many beautiful ones on my daily walk in central London. redface.gif:D

-Lily-   

Ibtisam , get your summer buys now, by July & August, only the ridicules shorts and vests will be around.

There are hundreds of beautiful dresses and skirts around, love kaftans and shirt dresses that make jeans look fab. I don't think it's that bad at all, but it is definitely the season of dresses. You can find plain, long & short and every style everywhere (try H&M, DP, Wallis & UCOB & Topshop). Hurray, women have decided to be women again.

D , what’s wrong with a suit for graduation? Or you people wear dresses? I think a nice long dress would be great, doesn't matte if it's sleeveless because you would be wearing a graduation gown over it no?