Sign in to follow this  
Hunguri

Somali Guantanamo Bay Prisoners finaly set free

Hunguri   

Wallaahi, aad ayaan ugu farxay warkan. There is a somali saying "Geeridu aqqoon bay kugu dishaa". Mohamed Solaiman and his father in law were God fearing,loving people. They had no ties of terror of what so ever. Both were Somali innocent men, and Mohamed was a friend. He was cought by the Pakistani intellegence service in Karachi some where in mid November. And, was flew to a base of no where. It gave me a great joy that he has been freed and got his freedom back. Below, is the full story!

Mohamed Soleiman and his father in law

Gediid   

Good to hear they are finally free.One of the guys Mohamed Suleyman was the Dahabshiil rep in Pakistan.He was based in Karachi.

Faynuus   

am glad. It must have been so hard on you Hunguri for all these years.

Lol @shaken. Dahabshiil is a somali owned money transfer company. The largest we have now. It was Al Barakaat before, but it was bunned by America after sept.11.

ZOLA   

Gediid, i bet you made many trips to Dahabshiil's karachi office...). am having a hard time trying to remember were in karachi they were located at...

Hunguri   

Zola, some where near Neba Chorangi. It was more close to the building of the first KFC restaurent. Do you know those places!

ZOLA   

i remember a KFC that was located not very far from were we lived. my Karachi days seem to be fading away from my memory...

Hunguri   

lool@Jimcaale, you obviousely assume every Paki or Indian eat biryani. Zola, I was not a Karachian, though I stayed 2 or 2 and half years. But, I remember each and every corner. Waa sidee miyaad gabawday :D !! why memories are fading away ;)

^ I too passed through a few years ago and there was a Biryani place on NIPA charowngi just across the street from KFC. one of the best biryani places i have seen , the meal includes free sweets it was usually something called 'kheer' tasty stuff

KFC got burned in a street fight between sunni and shias .......... i heard they replaced it with a subway

ZOLA   

reer karachi aa meesha ka buuca . i dont ever remember the KFC burning down unless that happened after i moved out.so, this biryani place was popular ha. i dont know if you guys remember but there was a chicken tikka stand on kala port near the bus stop..they made some of the best chicken tikka i have ever had.

Malika   

^So you guys only eat and eat some more while in Karachi huh?...Lol

Good News on the release of the brothers!