Sign in to follow this  
B

Your Idea to Change The World!

B   

why not teach in somalia then. your need more there than in a high school in america, i assume your american?

Cabdow   

My ideal world involves 3 things;Free Starbucks coffee everywhere, Gardens, and Fine men to serve the coffee and tend to the gardens.

I was gonna say your wish is my command, untill that is i seen the plural of man. Then, obviously nafteedaan u cabsadayoo waxaan is iri, malah inanta hal kuma filna :D

Somalina   

My idea to change the World...is to eliminate greed, corruption and abuse of power by

1. Providing free food, shelter and healthcare for all..that way no stomach will be left empty,

2. Punishing the rich, (No Billionaires, $2M is the individual wealth limit)

3. Taxing anyone making over $70K only

4. Punishing bad parents (i.e your 6 yr old cant read, or your teenage son was arrested for stealing)

5. Eliminating private schools that cater to the upper class, free education for all

6. Empowering women to take on leadership roles

7. Legalizing narcotics

Kulmiye   

"Punishing the rich, (No Billionaires, $2M is the individual wealth limit)"

Meaning under your laws would have imprisoned the likes of Bill Gates because of his genus invention?

its not his fault millions and millions are purchasing Microsoft products; so why are you punishing him for something we all need? I am for Capitalism- let the richer gets rich and poor -haa stay poor.

Somalina   

Those billions will be going to Africa walaal...

Under my law we will sing a song...and it goes something like this..

"We are the World, We are the Children"

Somalina   

Almost half the world — over 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.

The GDP of the 41 Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (567 million people) is less than the wealth of the world’s 7 richest people combined.

ailamos   

hmmmmm... to change the world?? I think changing the world would be a bit too much to ask, so let's start with changing Somalia... smile.gif here are a few thoughts I sometimes daydream about when on the train heading to or from work...

- get rid of all the AlShabaab goonies

- get rid of the entire TFG, have a government comprised of this generations brightest both from inside and outside of Somalia

- create a union of Somali regions in federal government that allows for the autonomy of the federal regions

- have three 'capitals' in different regions e.g. the federal in muqdisho, administrative in hargeisa, and judicial in garowe ... so authority is not centralized in one region

- a free educational system and a universal healthcare system

- start a government funded international school and university exchange program whereby Somali students can go to countries they're interested in and have international students, funded by their home governments, come to Somalia to learn about us

- the empowerment of the industrial sector and indigenous products

- advancement of the public transport sector with an extensive railroad system, bus network and low cost flights to other parts of Somalia, creating more jobs and independence from personal vehicles

- the facilitation of fair trade deals with as many nations as possible and the creation of two national airlines, one headquartered in Hargeisa and another in Mogadishu to facilitate those business and tourism ties

- having most major cities install a no-car zone in city centers to reduce CO2 emissions and encourage the use of the extensive public transport... and also applying a yearly tax per personal vehicle owned

- create a country-wide network of renewable energy stations such as solar panels and wind turbines to enable both urban and remote communities to receive energy

- encourage residents to purchase solar panels or other technologies in order to contribute to the national grid and reduce their energy costs

- establishing national parks in different parts of the country (including ocean and beach areas) that have advanced conservation programs to maintain Somali flora and fauna particularly the endemic species

- encourage tourism and foreign investment in the country with the guarantee of rule of law, respect for all and fairness and equality

- advertise Somalia as one of the premier international vacation spots that rival nearby regions in the Middle East and East Africa... e.g. "The longest coastal train trip in continental Africa... from the lovely beaches to Kismayo to the cultural heart of Saylac" ... something similar to the famed TransSiberian Railroad... ;)

- empower women and encourage them to take up jobs that are currently dominated by men... guarantee equal pay and instill a sense of gender equality in the society

- institute a national Somali cultural center for the propagation and advancement of Somali culture and language around the world where there are members of the diaspora

- officially adopt the status of a neutral country and make peace with our neighbors

- guarantee freedom of speech (this does not include hate/inflammatory speech), freedom of press and freedom of worship

- propel Somalia as a multicultural society while at the same time preserving Somali culture and heritage

- fully encourage the arts and participate in international artistic events to showcase Somali artists as well as hosting events ourselves

- advance the sports sector and take part in regional and international games

- create international treaties that allows Somali citizens to have freedom of travel that rivals that of Western countries

now with all that implemented in Somalia, a way to change the world is to somehow export the above to the rest of Africa ;):D

Kulmiye   

my God- thats a huge list. give 3 centuries to get there- well thats if the world holds up to more centuries. I suppose there is nothing wrong with dreaming at meantime:)

Polanyi   

Originally posted by rudy-Diiriye:

just show respect to all mankind and planet earth. then u will receive the good that u give. simple aye

And women too, yo rudy. :D

i think the world would be a better place if there was more fair trade produce in the supermarkets. some shops have made attempts but i reckon its a marketing ploy.

and if there was less cosmetics and harmful chemicals tested on animals in labs and more ph-neutral products in shops.

i also think that the consumer society we live in is not good. it makes people feel really bad about themselves. so less beauty magazines and more celebration of all beauties from all over the world. including black and asian women in loreal adverts and also a celebration of women all shapes and sizes.

I was gonna say your wish is my command, untill that is i seen the plural of man. Then, obviously nafteedaan u cabsadayoo waxaan is iri, malah inanta hal kuma filna

:D:D Awww...were you hoping to audition for the part? icon_razz.gif Hal kulahaa, when halka uu coffee ii soo shubayo, who is going to fan me under the shades? :mad: