Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

LONDON: Snooooooooooow

STOIC   

Brace yourself Londernistans for there is a time where you will not be able to witness any snow if the current trend of American non-binding target of Kyoto Protocal continues.Unless Blair and the rest of the world pressures the super power to reduce their emission there will be no reform from any snow crisis in the world.America is seems to be lead by people with no foresight in preventing climate crisis.If any of you have listened to Bush state of the union adress last night you might have not witnessed no new evidence that America is on the right track to admit Global warming.As long as Bush adminstration is supporting big business like Exon-Mobil which by the way reported last year the bigest record-high profit, you will not in the near future enjoy any snow.America needs a new environmental policy era which I think the bed-wetting Liberals might help give it a leap forward now that they are in control of the houses.As long as America is driven by ad-hoc political presure rather than international priorities I will not be suprised to see another hot weather year like 2006.Have a Snowy day, woun't you?

Lake   

You call that a snow fall? haha...That's nothing. But I thought it never snows in London just rains 24/7

_42488755_weatherrehn416.jpg

And they really call this snow? :D:D:D

What you call 'snow' is flurries.

Baraf baas halkaan ka da'o routinely looks like this:

snow19mx.jpg

snow5hz.jpg

And the city still functions.

Then again, that is Landhan. Magaalo ka cariiri badan jirin, where a typical road can't handle two passing cars.

N.O.R.F   

Its an old city ninyo but they should be able to cope better. Did you know trains are stopped, delayed or diverted in the Autumn due to 'wet leaves' on the tracks,lol

Horta I wonder why are those subway stations in that city so deeeeeeeep down?

I once read it had to do being shelders during the airbombing of Hitler in World War II.

Yea, it is old city, but that is still not snow -- flurries waaye. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^lol, true. Its probably all gone by today. We await of London nomads to check in.

Some of the tunnels are very deep yes and dont make for a pleasant journey home on a summer's afternoon! Very hot!

Ms DD   

Salaam

MMA

I only remember when that level of snow fell once in London. I remember how double decker busses were sliding backwards without any control whatsoever. I seem to remember my bosses kindly letting me stay the night at work cos it was very dangerous. Of course I didnt stay as i ventured outside in my car. It was the most dangerous driving i have ever done. Gaariyaasha oo dhan wey isku dhacaayeen, wey taraaraxaayeen over cliffs, to houses, and onto other cars. Very scary it was.

London is not very well equiped at the times of flooding, snowing and yes leafs over the tracks. The country stands still at these 'natural disasterous'.

Ibtisam   

It was snowing this morning. But it turned to water as soon as it touched the floor.! Damn :(

North lool @slow Londoners, googling is not included! I was going to post some real ones of my posh road :D lool But since there as so many pictures up what is the point.

Stoic: Are you trying to ruin my 5min happiness! :( I know I know it is true.

lool at leafs on track for train cancellations! That is only the south eastern trainers lazy buggers looking for excuse not to work!

-Lily-   

From my window what I can see (some office buildings, St Paul etc) is clear blue sky and sunshine, still very cold but nice.