Sign in to follow this  
Curly

How do you feel about it?!

Curly   

After seeing those disgusting pictures of poor Muslim Iraqis being treated so sadistically by American soldiers I’ve lost all hope in the western justice system and all that it stands for.

Never in a millions years would I have ever thought that people could do such horrible demeaning things to one another. I use to watch those depressing American Vietnam movies and think that people are too civilised to perform such acts in this day and age. And now I don’t even know what to think anymore, other than that I'm living in a world where justice doesn’t work or even exist!

And all this hypocrisy makes me feel tearful and sick to the core, they would never had accepted a simple apology from Sadam or Osama bin Laden, so why should be settle for any less?

To think that Muslims are doing nothing when their fellow Muslims are being treated worst than animals and then the western media beams these demoralizing and soul-destroying images around the world, and still we sit and do nothing!

I know I feel completely powerless and I know so many probably feel the same. But when and how are we going to break this vicious cycle?!

Because I can’t carrying on living my life like as if everything is normal…So how can you carry on living your lives so normally, as though nothing has happened when everything has happened!!!

So how do you feel about it?!

Abdinuur   

This is the real reality of the so-called Western Civilizations. To me, this was not a new act of injustice and hate. It happens all the time. Personally, I don't believe in their justice system at all b/c it's all corrupted and dirty.

I believe in the real justice that will soon prevail....and only time will tell insha Allah.

On a side note: Heard about a crime called 'Driving While Black' DWB..?...it's a reality now. Can't wait to move to my motherland!

OG Moti   

dear sis think of this... the western man is threaten by Islam, cause Ïslam abossess every dirty social life they live and want to live.. so they will try to distroy in anyway they can, without exposing themselves.. think like this .. it is not new it has been there nature to be inhumane and to treat muslims that way.. think this way.. they will pay the price and it will be a very high price... think like this no justice in this world .. they made it a jungle and we just have to adopt the jungle rule and do an eye for an eye.. and survive out of it... think like this they will get away with what they did.. cause it is from top.. not just few men and women who have no human feeling.. it is from all of them .. they wouldnt even think about doing it.. unless they were supported from top, so think like this .. it is life .. what goes around comes around... pay back is a biiitch... it will hurt them more .. cause we know where we going when we die they dont know... think possitive and inshaAllah every evil will be defeated and justice will be stored inshaAllah ... peace

OG Moti   

chubacka .. u belong where u are .. u probably were born there.. so that should be ur home.. however fighting for justice could happen any where.. it has no specific place.. u can fight for justice right under there noises... and InshaAllah Allah will reveal the there true intensions which is already revealed... peace

Abdinuur   

Lately I've been noticing cops and law enforcements violating peoples' rights and doing unethical work.

Be aware of your rights and learn them all. Know what to say when a cop pulls you over for a traffic violation. Don't let them interrogate you or ask you anything they want or feel like. Remember, majority of policemen are incompetent...some with G.E.D's and few with High School Diplomas.

I just couldn't stand when people's rights are violated...innocent people.

Remember to look smart and talk smart and stay professional when dealing with the law enforcements.

Its on.

this is surprising? was the somalia incident that long ago, or was it only a big deal in canadian media? anyways, i suspect most young soldiers are neo-nazis just happy to be given a gun and target lessons in "foreing" lands.

I think alot of Muslims are really missing the point. Why are there so many of us here in the western world, but a few of us actually involved in the political arena? instead of acting helpless and feeling injusticed, we should be trying to infiltrate the local, state, or federal community, so that we muslims can feel somewhat of representation. I remember when Bush was getting elected, many muslims voted for him because they didnt want to vote for liebermann, now I am thinking, was that wise? I think voting is key, and anyone with citizenship should do so! (now i feel like that damn MTV commercial), but every vote really does count.

Some of us would like to think that they will be here temporarily anyway, and why even get involved in politics in a "kufr" land. If that is the case, then conditions won't change, and we'll all be suffering for it.

Thats my 2 cents for today.

if i were in america id vote... but im in canada. i seriously have not voted once since i turned 18 (3 years) not for ANYTHING!!! frankly there has been no need. the candidates are all the same (identical in speech, stances, look, backgrounds) and have nothing new to add to the politics scene.

OG_Girl   

I know I feel completely powerless and I know so many probably feel the same. But when and how are we going to break this vicious cycle?!

Sister , what is going on is disgusting! they been fooling us what so called western human rights guess what , human rights for them only not for all humanbeen.what human rights they fooling us? we see Palastine, we saw what happened in Ghana in south lebanon, somalia, Iraq!.... list goes on!... girl I lost my self thinking all kind of hypocrisy!.

I think all we can do is to start from basic , what about to back to our religion? Allah's book and found solution for our endless suffer? Don't u think we share the blame what is happening in Iraq? i mean "we" moslims in general and Arab in specify!.

How we carry on in this life!? I don't know, do u have any suggestions?I am simple person who happen to be 3rd generation refugee!.

Salaam

Miriam1   

I was sick to my stomach...the worst thing is that it didnt suprise...i wasn't shocked with outrage..simply dismayed...and that is more of a horrific fact to know that such things are possible and to expect them.

I have realized a long time ago that I couldnt live in western countries..it in a way kills you, slowly your soul at the end of the day hearing all the hypocritical BS...

There will be no mass movement, the Muslim nations will not getup in protest, that is simply the way it is now, but it also does not mean that we as individuals could not get more involved in the politics of our communities and countries as a whole.

Peace !

N.O.R.F   

Me>>>>

1) Not surprised

2) Geneva Convention???>>>when it suits them

3) No Muslim leaders speaking against it???>>>cos they do it themselves in ther very own jails.

4) I see this as a punishment for us by allah swt for being so divided and failing to unite against such agreession, with certain countries like Kuwait, Qatar and others even taking the side of the kaafir.

Allahuakbar!

SJ   

This wouldn’t happen if Iraq’s (Sunni Muslim) neighbours didn’t facilitate the American troops. They should assume some responsibility for what has taken place.

Now I understand why young/women with bright futures blow themselves.

I heard similar stories when the UN came to Somalia back in the 90’s.

Gaali waa gaal

NGONGE   

It's a complicated issue to get into, man. But, the few Iraqis that were tortured in those jails are only the tip of the iceberg. What are we complaining about here? Is it the torture and abuse of innocent people by non-muslims? Or is it the torture and abuse of Muslims in general?

I was sickened and saddened by those pictures, I felt the humiliation of those prisoners and their families, and took out my frustrations on my ****** TV by throwing the orange I was peeling at the damn thing.

Still, none of this is new or even surprising. If we're talking about these soldiers and what they did to those prisoners, then I understand why we would all take the moral high ground and shout "foul"! However, if we take a step back and leave emotions aside, we'll see that we're bringing this on ourselves. How could we reconcile our feelings towards Iraq when two thirds of the people of that country are in FAVOUR of the occupation? How could we complain about human rights abuses when most of those are committed in Muslim countries by Muslims against Muslims?

I have no great love for the Western style of government or their pretensions of fairness and justice. They're only looking out for what's beneficial to them and their people. We're not doing the same for ours. We've become the world champions of wailing and screaming. I'm tired of all the rants about conspiracy theories, Islamophobia and hatred. We've been doing this for the past hundred years and it did us no good. The original poster says an apology is not enough, I think an apology is all that we wanted (or rather our leaders wanted). This way we can move on and forget about this minor misdemeanour.

Now to the religious part of this! I keep hearing people going on about how ALLAH is going to help us overcome the tyrants, how justice will prevail, how the giant that is Islam will finally awaken! HUM BUG and a dozen hum bugs. None of this will happen unless we change ourselves and we're not going to change ourselves unless we stop all this weeping and wailing.

Can any of you see change on the horizon? All I can see is calls for democracy and "modernisation" of Islam on one side, and calls for Sharia Law and fundamentalism on the other! Still, if things were as clear cut as that I would be happy and would have no choice but to take one side instead of another. alas, they're not. There are a hundred and one other variables to add to this equation.

When I see pictures of dead Palestinians and tortured iraqis I feel really sad. Not sad for them, oh no, I'm more selfish than that. I feel sad for myself, man. I despise myself for my helplessness and my indecision. furthermore, i'm disgusted with all who wake me up from my slumber to remind me of this helplessness.

-Lily-   

We are not alone in feeling sickended by this. No matter how uncomfortable and sick these images make us feel I am glad they are out in the open. Torture is nothing new for the US, they probably do it on their own soil. The only reason they are making big fuss about it is because they were found out, not because of the actions. They like to make it sound like isolated cases but it's much more systematic than that.

I started off feeling sorry for them then I just grew angrier and angrier. Why didn't the soldiers fight? The most probable thing that could happen to them is that they would get shot, big deal? What they experienced is worse than death. If they were true muslims they would not fear death.

Secondly, it is their own Arab 'brotherly' neighbours who helped America build bases around Iraq so they could fight them. There is no way on earth that the US could have occupied them had the other Arab nations refused. And I do agree with Ngonge, the same torture goes on in muslim countries. Not even one single demonstration in a Middle Eastern contry, its sickening.

I have no sympathy for any of them, they should rise up against their tyranical governments.

As for western notions of 'democray', its our way our hit he high way. Or you can always select democracy via torture and bombing. God has nothing to do with it, its human beings. Many of you are acting like you have just woken up from a mass deception, just what it is. They are all babarians held together by man made laws. Going around the world to 'civalize'.