Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Skirts Skirts Skirts!

Chimera   

Ms Moons, apology on my part, if my posts seem like an attack, not my intention. I read recently an article about the Somali band Aar Maanta giving a small community concert for mothers and their children and some BOZO tried very hard to ruin their fun day, this left a bad electrical taste in my brain. I don't like silly limitations based on gender, or based on expectations, that's what creates polar opposite extremes(Ayaan, Shabaab). If I have daughters, I'm going to have them wear cute little "Sweet lolita" dresses, since from my point of view they are fully-fledged princesses in every sense of the word lol.

Expectations and limitations makes us one-dimensional. When I lived in a small Dutch town where we were the only Somali family; at age 10, I passionately pursued gymnastics(turner) and could do the split, while mastering the Pommel Horse perfectly. Then we moved to a large Somali community and like a brick it trashed my aspirations for good. Give Somali teens, a violin or a piano or a chance to become a sports-driver and they will surprise you.

Plant the idea, and see it come to life. I tried to do this a few posts back but failed disastrously lol.

Juxa, the women I know with the perfect body for these type of dresses are Somali, lakiin now I dare not share my idea with them. I think i'm already weird enough in their eyes kkk.

Ms MoOns   

ChiChi, schat, you are not weird in my eyes. I can understand where you're coming from.

I do agree with you, we should not be limited when it comes to our abilities.

Every individual is unique. That's why ''cute'' can mean something entirely different to someone else!

But just one remark:

If I have daughters, I'm going to have them wear cute little "Sweet lolita" dresses, since from my point of view they are fully-fledged princesses in every sense of the word lol.

Do you think you're idea of dresses in Lolita style is age limited?

It might look cute and adorable on little girls, but I simply can't imagine me walking around the streets dressed like a Lolita character. lol.

Chimera   

Ms MoOns;709506 wrote:
ChiChi,
schat, you are not weird in my eyes.

Chichi is a female dragonball Z character; the wife of Goku lol.

I can understand where you're coming from. I do agree with you, we should not be limited when it comes to our abilities.

Exactly, god bless the future Somali ballerinas & Formula -1 drivers.

Every individual is unique. That's why ''cute'' can mean something entirely different to someone else!

In this age where Men increasingly are resembling women, and women are resembling Men, some old-fashioned feminine cuteness on a lady is very welcoming.

But just one remark:

Do you think you're idea of dresses in Lolita style is age limited?

It might look cute and adorable on little girls, but I simply can't imagine me walking around the streets dressed like a Lolita character. lol.

Not really, Lolita is based on adult fashion from the 19th century Late Baroque/Victorian periods. I however was suggesting a Somali influenced Espana dress. I still maintain my previous stance that such a dress would look amazing on a sister, but unavoidably you will have a few heads turning indeed lol.

These 'lolita' dresses are what little girls used to wear back home I remember. I used to look forward to my dresses from the ages of 6-9, then I discovered jeans and never looked back.

Blessed   

LOOOOOOOL Chimi ma kaa dhabaa? A grown Somali lady in a Lolita dress? What a sight!! Haha. I think even my 5 year old would recoil at the sight of all those frills. I do like big a-line skirts so a modernised, hijabified espana dress would be cool. Though a modernised, hijabified guntiino, dirac or sadex qayd is more up my laami. :)

Chimera   

You only live once! Here's Iman wearing such a dress:

Iman-For-Yves-Saint-Laurent-2.jpg

Something like the dress below (but not so low to the ground) is EPIC! We only need one sister to sport such a dress and it will be mimicked by millions.

WD015+small.jpg

Ofcourse ideally they would be sporting this in our rebuilt cosmopolitan Capital, once the most romantic city in Africa!

220px-Mogadishu_waterfront.jpg

I think have laid bare my romanticist side a bit too much in this topic! See ya :o

Ms MoOns   

Chichi is a female dragonball Z character; the wife of Goku lol.

Loooll, I am very aware of that! I used to love DZ. Still do.

No offence, on the female part. Chichi is a very cute name.

In this age where Men increasingly are resembling women, and women are resembling Men, some old-fashioned feminine cuteness on a lady is very welcoming.

True say! I couldn't agree more on this. I personally don't wear trousers (anymore). Skirts and dresses all the way.

I however was suggesting a Somali influenced Espana dress. I still maintain my previous stance that such a dress would look amazing on a sister, but unavoidably you will have a few heads turning indeed lol.

My only concern is that your idea of espana dresses are a bit on the ''puffy'' side. Mind that, and I would deff consider. :)

I'm laughing so hard. Chimera, you might have an eye for architecture but stay out of fashion! Dior said he wanted women to be like flowers: delicate and beautiful... not creame cakes!

Malika   

Val - thanks dear. A nice collection - liked the green skirt, if only I was skinny..if only..ha ha

caydarus   

Of course, this one is my absolutely favourite. It's just too bad I can't afford it!

k1399713.jpg

Donate for our sister the dress is too expensive!!

Ms MoOns   

I like the yellow one from Zara. Colourful.

But these skirts seems so lengthy, I'm too short, they'll come above my waist. lol

summer is my favorite time of the year when the mini skirts and the legs come out to play. a beautiful sight. more xalimo should wear mini skirts with hijaab ofcourse, dont want to reveal too much.