Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Skirts Skirts Skirts!

Blessed   

Salaams ladies.. smile.gif

Tailoring is the best bet if you've got the time-- even in the land of modest clothes, it's still hard to get the perfect skirt.

Anyway, I think there are a few hijabi friendly websites beside normode.com that is.. smile.gif

kimono_wrap_maxi_dress4_replacement_2.jp

maysaa.com

3140023016.jpg

3140022201.jpg

Nothing wrong with flowery, just wear a basic colour top.

3140022561.jpg

oasis-stores.com I've noticed they have the same stock in the ME and online-- a few modest dresses and skirts.

Ibtisam   

What can I wear with grey dress to dress it up- a LOT!

I want to wear this tomorrow.

61754_434996412244_124112267244_5728559_

I need colours- not sure how much colours though. Have to attend a function.

Malika   

^Black or Red,make sure the shoes and the bag match.

As the dress has a black belt,match it with black heels and a clutch bag or shoulder bag..a black hijab[elegant me think!]

Ibtisam   

^^^Errr I said colour women!! :D you know I am as dark as the night and you want me to wear black and grey top-toe. :eek: :D

I was thinking purple belt, purple and grey heels and maybe multilayered of black and purple hijabs. But when I mentioned it to a friend- they looked at me like I was growing a second head- so having doubts. icon_razz.gif

Buuxo   

Ibti,That's a very nice dress.Keep it simple & elegant.You should pair it with pastel colour acessories.Do a nude statement peep-toe high heels or pumps and pearls.

Buuxo   

Do as Malika said,If you want to look sexy & dangerous :D

Originally posted by Valenteenah.:

I'm loving the Turkish hijab and fashion line
. Unfortunately they only sell their silk scarves online, the clothes seem to be only available in their shops in Istanbul.

mnk4641_343_33250.jpg

Isn't this whole outfit beautifully put together? This is the kind of style I like. But the skirt length has to be LONG. 3/4 skirts would be too short on me. Especially when combined with the scrumptious chunky heeled ankle boots that are all the rage this season.

Yum yum. Istanbul, here I come!
:D

Val Nice outfits.I like the turk hijab styles too.But can't pulled them out.

Hi All! Thanks blessed. I tried on the striped grey skirt in Warehouse, and it actually fit well.

Ibti, lovely dress but what do you mean grey? It looks navy to me! Like Malika, I would accessorise it with black or grey (daytime) or silver (evening).

But if you want a deeper colour how about mustard yellow or gold? Something like below, although it would be more suited to evening than daytime.

clara-gold.jpgBellissima Scarves

32650457_74.jpgMango

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

I was thinking purple belt, purple and grey heels and maybe multilayered of black and purple hijabs. But when I mentioned it to a friend- they looked at me like I was growing a second head- so having doubts.
icon_razz.gif

Intee usocotaa bisinkee oo waxaasoo color ah isugu wada gashanee? Wah! icon_razz.gif

I personally wouldn't wear black with that dress...It'll look too dull (sorry), cabuurkuu dilayaa...If you want to wear purple with it, wear it with just purple...Purple belt, shoes, and a nice clutch purple bag...Grey hijab with may be a nice little purple pin would look xaax too...That's if you're going for a funky/fresh look...Or you can always keep it elegant and wear gold colored accessories instead of the purple...Good luck...

Juxa   

aah a useful topic, val i am in same horrible situation, like lily i too decided to ditch the surwaal.. i found it extremely frustrating that the only skirts i can find are black and normally .cost over £60 or £70 atleast

i tried mango, i dont like zara skirts as the material is too qafiif.

somali shops in london stock the flowery raqiis looking skirts... hardly suitable as formal attire.

Normode has nice stock of dresses,perfect with plain cardy, scarf and suitable as formal wear. they shy away from formal skirts because they hate me ( haa wuxu waa personal)

anyways the best option for those tall ladies with legs from here to burco is to find a good tailor. blessed i hope you got one for my next visit insha allah

ps: anyone has problem with the size, i mean if they fit length wise they dont fit dhexda

Ibtisam   

LOOOL KK :D melan aan oogahey.

Val, too bad I just saw your suggestion haada uu, looks nice.

I ended up wearing another dress.

Juxa, you are going to kill me but errrm they came in and went. I got them icon_razz.gif:D but there are Navy and other colours left icon_razz.gif:D

Juxa   

i have been great, supportive friend, so i really dont understand why o why la iigu qadiyo wax walba :mad:

you and i are finished, khlaas, our budding friendship killed by goono

Ibtisam   

Speaking of great supportive friends. The dates you need are 26th Oct, 30th Oct, and 6 Nov, haadab I gave you enough warning.

dont worry about the damn goono, wax kale oo ka fican baan ku haaya eh0 see weye, camal xumida? :D