Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Skirts Skirts Skirts!

Aaliyyah   

I am not much of a skirt girl, I usually wear abaya. But, I like that grey skirt from Zara that you posted Val. Looks gorgeous!!!..

Kool_Kat;34337 wrote:
Long skirts and good ol' winter? Naga daa dee! Ma barafkaa rabtaa inaad laamiyada ka nadiifiso?
:D

You'd be amazed at how warm wool maxi dresses are.

Chimera   

Somali sisters wearing Somalified 'espana' dresses = mighty cuteness:

spain1825.jpg

They're elegant, brightly coloured, and the mere sight of them would put a smile on your face.

Chimera   
Aaliyah, what's your opinion on my suggestion to include the cute Espana dresses to Somali Fashion? They are full of character and life. Most of the Spanish sisters (depicted in the stamps) in less than a second can accelerate to top speed when in a hurry or when in danger(like from a herd of bulls), because the dresses are designed that way. As beautiful as the Dirac & guntiino dresses are, in the end they are not designed for everyday life, and mobility is highly reduced.

Aaliyyah   

^ lol u were actually serious? I dnt see how those weird looking dresses (no offended intended lol) will increase mobility as you put it!...

Chimera   

Sisters you're drifting away from the innovative path of your female ancestors. I sketched a few Somali-Espana dresses a while back and they make sense. Its a bit like Japanese-Lolita:

xw328.jpg

A peaceful cosmopolitan Somalia would grab my idea with two hands and dub me Fashion emperor, but alas that's a different reality.

Ms MoOns   

@ Chi:

The lolita subculture in Japan is all about being a ''princess'' in modern day society,

wanting to rebel against the expected appearances in society

I do really like the cuteness factor that it gives, and the childlike innocence and purity that shows off, but...

Do you really think that fashion like that would interest Somali girls?

Chimera   

I think any type of tasteful fashion could interest 'Somali girls', they are girls after all. I asked you to elaborate because in your previous post I sensed a hint of the dreaded "specialization syndrome"; where you put all the sisters in a particular box very different from the one containing all the other girls on the planet.

There is nothing more affectionate to a man/husband than a woman/wife that has the cuteness factor. Innocence and purity are great virtues, and I see no reason why our sisters shouldn't wear the type of tasteful clothing that refreshes their lives on multiple levels. (this doesn't necessarily have to be the clothing-style I proposed).

On a summer-day, this:

935D406A.jpg

with this:

blue+satin+underscarf+and+hijab.JPG

Is elegant and beautiful!

Ms MoOns   

Het was mijn bedoeling niet to categorise anyone in a certain box.

I'm just simply saying that your idea might be an ideal to you,

not necessarily something one (not specifically me) would consider easily?

P.s. Ik vind je idee wel leuk, would consider it, maar zou er zelf nooit op gekomen zijn lol.

Juxa   

^^ walaaley runta sheeg

adamtje, luister saaxiibow, a somali lady's build and lolita dress isma raacaan ee lugooyada naga daa

Malika   

^Lol - imagine a tall, well buildt Somali sister wearing that outfit -with a hijab to top it!..what a sight that will be..Lool