Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Skirts Skirts Skirts!

I've never been much of a skirt girl, so I had no idea how tough it was to find stylish modest skirts on the high street until I decided to ditch the ubiquitious staple of my wardrobe, trousers.

I can't understand why it's so difficult to find stylish long skirts made from good quality fabrics? It's all tatty, tight, or polyester!

Having combed through shopping streets and centres alike and come up empty-handed, I went online with slightly better results.

Although maxi skirts seem to be very in this autumn, they are the tupey, restrictive lycra-esque types that leave little to the imagination. The most reasonable ones I've found are from Miss Selfridge, Zara and Mango (see below), but these also have their own problems!

It's become quite a mission just to build a decent trouser-free wardrobe fit for the incoming cold weather.

Do you guys know of any shops/websites that stock great skirts?

The best of what I've seen so far:

33304352_02.jpg

£49.90, Mango

7661872505_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1283277767661872710_2_5_3.jpg?timestamp=128327776

£29.99, Zara

5618262803_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1282649545644290642_2_4_3.jpg?timestamp=128272125

19.99, Zara

12U08FBLK_thumb.jpg

£22, Miss Selfridge

Click here for enlarged photo

Malika   

^Erm,try the SOmali shops. :D

The Zara skirts can be born with tights underneath[Abo Cumar],plus long boots - enough to keep you warm.

Malika, I'm not a fan of shigaar. I like plain block colours, simple shapes and soft, luxe fabrics. The Somali shops have failed me in that regard.

The Zara skirts are OK. They are not exactly exciting, but sufficient. The best I have seen so far.

Malika   

^Like I know what Shigaar mean..Lol

Too young to shop at M&S?,there are couple of black maxi skirts on their website.

Buuxo   

Val,nothing beats getting tailor-made skirts. PS: I Like the skirt with the pleets by zara. Thanks for posting.

Ahaa. I see you’ve noticed that too. Is this what happens when one gets married. One changes ones clothing style?

p.s Long skirts for winter? come on...p.s its oggly

Malika   

^Leave Val alone,she sounds adorable-lucky man! icon_razz.gif

I prefer three quater skirts with boots for winter,but have found myself wanting to rock the maxi dress&skirt/maxi cardigan look this winter..sue us! :D:D

Chimera   

Originally posted by Valenteenah.:

Of course, this one is my absolutely favourite. It's just too bad I can't afford it! :mad:

image1xxl.jpg

£300,

Somali women then combine it with a jacket such as the one below:

Ladies_Boomer%20Button%20pocket_Brown_sm

As a male graced by non-related ladies with this style everyday; THAT'S A FREAKING NICE COMBO!! :D

Val, those skirts are ugly. I personally go to Somali shops great skirts there. Another trick is to turn nice boob-tube dresses into skirts not the extremely short ones though. Try it its fabulous. Use your imagination even try turning maxi-dresses into skirts.