Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Growing up is such a b****h

Baluug   

I'm still not much for expensive clothing, but at least I moved out of my teenage years when I wore only Metallica T-shirts.....

Pucca   

hmm...i guess im in the group thats moving out their tomboy days. I've one foot in the 'girly' and the other in 'tomboy'...perhaps when i figure out why one needs to carry a purse i'll put both feet in the 'girly' side.

tip on bras...if they're bugging you then it must be that you're wearing a wrong size(no im not quoting some magazine...im serious about this). Go for a bra fitting because a good bra (good does not mean fancy, good means comfortable) thats you're size should feel natural and not bother you. Then again...there's no problem going without it every now and then.

Kool_Kat   

^You know I attended a bra fitting session (free of charge) not too long ago and the lady said women's bra sizes change every six months! :eek: What DA? And here I thought, I've been the same size for god knows how long...

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

SOL is aging except for my ayeeyo
smile.gif

Ayeeyoow, if aging means giving up on my appears, SOL can age without me... icon_razz.gif

Pucca   

^for some women, their bra size changes(1-2cup sizes) during certain times of the month so their forced to have a particular size for half the month and another for 'those' days. i havent heard about the six month thing though...could be true since one's weight does tend to shift every now and then.

-Lily-   

To be fair to Nephy, there is a certain confidence that comes with not needing to be ‘pretty’ or ‘fashionable’ all the time and realizing there are sometimes more pressing issues at hand than your appearance.

Nephissa   

^ I very much agree with you. It really is liberating and I am lovin it.

I watched this show 'what not to wear' once and it cracked me up. Who do these people think they are, trying to tell someone else how they should look and dress? I know of 20 somethings and 40 somethings that take something like this show seriously and drive themselves crazy.

pucca, thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sure that I'm wearing the wrong size, as the band feels too tight, and as I always wear underwire bras, the wire digs into my ribs..

redface.gif

Kool_Kat   

Duceysane, rajeebato walax raaracey roojisaa ma maqashay? :D

Originally posted by -Lily-:

To be fair to Nephy, there is a certain confidence that comes with not needing to be ‘pretty’ or ‘fashionable’ all the time and realizing there are sometimes more pressing issues at hand than your appearance.

While there are more pressing issues than making sure your make-up is done right all the time or wearing that DKNY jeans that fits you just perfect, there's also a huge diffence between 'needing' to be pretty/fasionalbe and looking neat and presentable...

rajeebato walax raaracey roojisaa ma maqashay?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D it has been a long time since i heard that joke.

Arey rajeeto xey tarta?

Walexyaalo raaracey roojisaa :D

classic

Bishaaro, it is the old age + new circumstances. Move on ...for sure you better off with current situation. Statistically speaking you must have safed lots of money by then.