Sign in to follow this  
Salma

Long Live our Motherland

Salma   

I really enjoyed my vocation this year in my country. We were planning to go to Denmark this year and visit my Aunti in Copenhagen and then we changed our plans to Syria. But subxan allah, god was so generous and merciful when he sent us to Somaliland. And whether its Somaliland or whole Somalia, I appreicate and value every part of our motherland Somalia and I consider it precious and important. So here what I liked and what I disliked that I hope the somali ppl should re-consider and change them.

First what I liked and adored:-

1- I liked the Cool weather and I thank Allah Al Mighty for the Rains in Ceerigabo (Erigavo) and I pray hard that Allah send the Rain of Mercy to all Somalia. To all Somalia’s mountains, vallies, farms, hills,woods and to the all the creatures in Somalia but not upon us.

2- I liked the Sunrise and the Sunset where no huge & high buildings that will stop you to enjoy seeing this fantastic scene.

3- I liked the beauty of the Sky at nights. Watching the sky with its beautiful moon and Shining stars.

4- I liked the Beauty of Daallo and Surud Mountains in Erigavo and Sheikh Mountains in Burco.

5- I liked the Fresh Milk, Meat,Vegtables and Fruits.

6- I liked the strong social ties between the people there.

7- I liked the Somali Proverbs, Poems and Plays (Riiwaydaha) they really crack me up. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. Besides, I enjoyed the Hindi ahd Chinese movies translated to Somali Language :D

8- I liked the Somali animals & Livestock : Sheeps,Camels, Goats, Cows, Falcons, chirpy birds, beautiful butterflies I even liked the weird and scary insects :rolleyes:

9- It was great opportunity to meet some of my family, relatives and make new friendships over there. I saw ppl I used to know them only by names and I met ppl I missed them long time ago .

10- I liked the new and paved roads, the new houses, constructions and Hotels in Hergisa and Burco.I hope this is the start of new and hopeful life.

11- I liked the Somali Educational Curriculum, ya salaaam , so amazing wallahi. I spent lovely times reading somali books, specially the Af-Somalii books & Cilmiga Bulshada (The Socity Book). I brought 4 books with me to learn how to write the Somali Language well. OG-Girl get some books , you gonna like them a lot. And all the stories in the Af-Somali books are about the Dawaco, Warabi, liibax, Ri’ iyo Hadga-adag LOL

Dislikes…….

1- The first thing I disliked and I hate it till now and I will keep hating it is the Qaat Plant. Seeing that plant on a table in the market or in our men’s mouths makes me feel sick. PPl are Wasting their money and health on something silly is something horrible really. Seeing a Truck or a Car full of Qaat plant make me disappointed.I hope we get rid of this dilemma called “Qaat Mania” :mad:

2- I disliked some people with their narrow minds who are still glorifying their tribes and degrading other tribes and people . Have they forgetten what the tribal fightings did to us??!! Nothing except Civil Wars, Diaspora and sufferings :mad:

3- I disliked the differences between the currencies from a city to a city in Somaliland. Burco’s money is different than Hargisa and Berbera and different than Ceerigabo’s money. Now my lil sister find this so cool to find Some Phillipine Money(Ceerigabo money) and some Giimbaar money(Burco’s money) and some Laan money (Hargisa and Berbera’s money) and some Dollars in our bag. With some UAE money that will make a good Money Collection or Small Exchange Office.

P.S. Whoever is going there take a BIG Bag to carry the money :D

4- I disliked the Bad Language of some people there. It seems its OK with them to mention so filthy and bad words that I’never heard in my whole life. Its so funny that in our house my father consider the word “Naya” is a bad word when calling a girl or a lady redface.gif

5- I disliked some grocers and shop-owners when they try to cheat the Somali ppl who are not living in Somalia. They will try their best to get more money from you. If the Hargisa’s Water Bottle is 4000 Shiling they will sell it to you 8000 shilling :mad:

6- I disliked seeing a man or a teengager carrying a gun or a knife. That really scared me a lot. Cause anyone of them can lose his temper easily and get his knife or gun out of his pocket and end someone’s life for silly and ****** reasons. I think they must drop all these weapons and use their mouths for negotiation rather than using their weapons.

7- I disliked the attitudes of some Somalis (Who come from Europe and America) in the Airport of Hergisa & Berbera. Who think themselves as if they are the best of the best and the kings and queens of Somalia. Shouting and yelling at everyone and humiliating the airports' officers and clerks. As if paying some dollars to the government is the end of the world. I mean they pay taxes to the Western and American governments so whats the big deal if they pay few dollars to their country. Besides they keep nagging and blaming the Somalis inside Somalia for destroying the country and not builing it. I say to them, instead of blaming others, do your part of the job. Do something for the country and stop throwing the blames to each others. If we kept blaming each others nothing will change @ all.

All Praise to Allah for this safe, easy and lovely trip and thanks to allah that I took my Video Camera and I recorded everything I saw in this trip. But I do regret that I took 5 cassettes only, I wish I took more than 5.

A Chinese proverb says “A long road starts with a first step”. I hope we all co-operate and put our hands together to save what have remained in Somalia.

May Allah bless you all

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Em:

. But subxan allah, god was so generous and merciful when he sent us to Somaliland. And whether its Somaliland or whole Somalia, I appreicate and value every part of our motherland Somalia and I consider it precious and important.

Bless your heart Em.. we need more ppl who think the way you do..

OG_Girl   

Em, first AlhamdeAllah 3ala alsalamah. Finally you back safe you and your family.

I am happy you enjoyed your trip as they say

" nothing like home" ...you made me jealous lol . Insha Allah one day I will. But girl did you bring my " moqmad" remember you promised me ;) .

OG-Girl get some books , you gonna like them a lot. And all the stories in the Af-Somali books are about the Dawaco, Warabi, liibax, Ri’ iyo Hadga-adag LOL

Girl, I am not that advanced , I am just begginer I don't think I can even dare to read a book in somali... few lines is enough ..lol

Again.... congratulations girl.

Salam

Salma   

Thanx for the pics Mansoor, i've already put Daallo's mountain (sea-side one) as a background for my PC. U know what, the beautiful place in Daallo's mountain is the cliff. Actually its too dangerous to get close, but u won't resist to go and see it. It was too windy and cold.

Hey u must eat Las Qoraay's Tuna, So tasty so tasty so tasty.

Guys bellah 3aleekom we have this nature and beauty, do we need to spend our vocations in Scandanvian countries, Europe or America??!!

OG-Girl, merci eedu we brought some Canuu Geel, moqmad & pure honey ya Honey :D

I hope you all go there and enjoy as i did.

Peace, Progress & Prosperity 4 Somalia.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by maansoor:

Puntland or Somaliland call it what you like, but the people choose their bloodbrothers in Puntland.

The author of the the thread was passionate about the beauty of the 'motherland' utterly disregarding anything that will damage the sincerity in her post or anything that will create a rift.

You maansoor had to come up with the above quote your typical trademark. Duh...!

[ July 03, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: J11 ]

Blessed   

Mansha Allah, looks like you've had an eyeopner walaalo. Thank you so much for sharing...

smile.gif

I disliked the attitudes of some Somalis (Who come from Europe and America) in the Airport of Hergisa & Berbera. Who think themselves as if they are the best of the best and the kings and queens of Somalia. Shouting and yelling at everyone and humiliating the airports' officers and clerks. As if paying some dollars to the government is the end of the world. I mean they pay taxes to the Western and American governments so whats the big deal if they pay few dollars to their country. Besides they keep nagging and blaming the Somalis inside Somalia for destroying the country and not builing it. I say to them, instead of blaming others, do your part of the job. Do something for the country and stop throwing the blames to each others. If we kept blaming each others nothing will change @ all.

^^^^Truely deep. I agree 100%

Mansoor

Nice pics... smile.gif

Paragon   

Jumatatu, sxb take it easy! Please mind your use of words

Mansoor - yes personal attacks are not allowed and that insulting bit has been edited.

Guys, this is a beautiful and interesting topic... so lets just enjoy. We don't often get people of first hand experiance telling us about our motherland.

Em, thankx...Mansoor nice pics bro thankx

Jumatatu   

J11 sxb first and foremost I did not neither did I intend to insult. I merely pointed and remarked on the difference of tone of the thread and that of mansoors' post. If it came acroos otherwise then my sincere apologies. I have no reason wath so ever to insult Mansoor or either anybody else in this forum

Paragon   

Waxa Aan La Ooyaayo

Ilamdu Iiga Qubaneyso

Ikhtiyaar Nin Loo Diidey

Ayan ahey

Jumatatu, anyone with a signature as such is surely wise enough. Sxb I know what you mean...the word 'sick' is what maansoor tokk as an offence....marka dont worry kaka. we are all cool, i hope smile.gif

IL CAPO   

Yeah long live my Motherland GARISSA.

i was lucky enough to have gone back home last month and i had a wonderful time.

1-i spent 10 days lying around the beautiful beaches in Province.

2-i went to scuba diving in the river and it was all fun.

3-i saw my old jaluo teacher who had teeth the last time i saw.

4-i had the best mchele kavu you will ever taste in your entire life.

6-i drank pure camel milk which i have to admit started a bloody civil war in my stomach.

7-i had the best ugali in a long long time.

8-i had to get used to Mwai Kibaki as the president and not Moi instead the fried Jogoo.

9-i saw my old chewing comrades and i was delighted to know that they still kept my favorite

position warm in the kiosk by putting a barehe kilo.

10-i got to see my Mom the best Mom in the whole world.

Oooh God Bless my homeland GARISSA. :D

Liqaye   

Scuba diving in the tana river?Lying around on beutifull beaches?

Garissa just is not what it used to be :cool:

raula   

^^I agree-Garissa ime change kabisa. The only thing i remember is when wase wa Garissa walikuwa wanapiga mguu na MA AKALAS :D;) (Dacas ya rubber)- Hata Garissa Boys walikuwa wanavaa as part of the Uniform icon_razz.gif

IL CAPO   

Guys it seems like you haven't been to Garissa in a long long time.

Raula..tume wacha kuva slippers and Kikoi :D:D

sikuizi tuna piga jeans na boots jo hata waze wana va'aga hivo.

IL CAPO   

Originally posted by Dalmar Hassan Q.:

Scuba diving in the tana river?Lying around on beutifull beaches?

Garissa just is not what it used to be :cool:

My Friend,

you should come with me to Garissa for a holiday some time Insha Allah and see it for yourself how my home town has completely changed.