Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

ALL MUSLIMS BOYCOTT DANISH PRODUCTS!!

Paragon, you're right. I hadn't realized the magnitude of the people boycotting Dannish products as a result of this. I saw 4-5 articles sometime ago in a Suadi newspaper and thought it was an attempt to take the attention away from the few third world pilgrims that were casually stampeded in the Hajj.

I'm actually glad that muslim govts have taken a stance, stood up for their people and blfs while getting back at them economically (Ilaahooda) as that says more about muslims than sparodic mad-indivuals making alot of noise and throwing angry protests in the streets.

Guess its g'bye to Kinder chocolate. :(

Katrina   

I have to admit initally I thought what's the hoopla all about just ignore the ignorant *******s but as I read more and saw how effectively the Muslim ummaah united I have changed my mind. My believe in general is don't give your enemies (personal or religious) the power of controlling your behavior but the more I read the more I understood the depth of the issue. In a way this might be a blessing in disguise. Afterall it made Muslim goverments, businesses and communties unite.

Paragon, I agree they tried "demonizing" us and when that didn't ignite a response in us they took it to the next level.

This is turning out to be a beautiful begining to the year. First the Hamas victory and now the Danish who next. Is this the beginning of a new page for Muslims? (IA)

P.S. Brother Khayr I Katrina Faraax actually agreed with you I'm happy to report. :D:D

Katrina   

Guess its g'bye to Kinder chocolate.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Kinder chocolate! I reward myself every day by buying two or three of their little round white chocolate balls. How is a sista to cope with long library hours with out her daily fix?! :mad: :mad:

The hell with Danish Administration & Press and may they rot in hell forever!

Besides, if Islam means anything to you - every muslim - then one should stand up for Islam. This pigheads have done this to provoke reaction and gain publicity stunt, but i am sure that this is gonna backfire, big time. They're trying to taste waters and see if Islam and muslim beliefs - the current hot news issue - can be made fun of and ridiculed, thus getting some press attention. By standing up to these pigs and showing where they belong, we're teaching them an unforgettable lesson. So, as a muslim populus, we should do anything to hit Danish admin, business and press where it hurts - the few good danes are exception.

NACALATULLAAHI CALAA DANISH GOV'T AND PRESS & CO.

the massanger of allah must be defended at all times by any means againt any from the enemy. anyone who insult our prophet has attacked us. we as muslims as our father Ibrahim (pbh) named us muslimin we are are peace loving people. but when it comes defending our degnity, we should be clear to anybody where we are coming from.

prophet Mohamed peace be upon him aaaaaaaaaaaaamin

Jacpher   

Let them bear the consequence, I say. Glad to see Muslim governments coming out of the shadow. I never realized Millions of Muslim consumers have such power. Let them exercise their freedom of choice. More Muslim countries should close their embassies.

Saudi Arabia, which has recalled its ambassador to Denmark, was warned by the EU trade commissioner that the 25-country bloc would take action with the World Trade Organization if the kingdom supported a Danish boycott, the European Commission said Monday.

Is this a joke or what? The EU is threatening the Saudis but turn a blind eye to the Danish? Don’t they know the Saudis got more oil than the EU?

nuune   

^^^ The only reason the EU said that is because Saudi Arabia is a new member of WTO, just a month ago they joined freely, and the punishment for Saudi Arabia is to be removed from the WTO.

Alhamdu Lillaahi, that many Muslims are united on this issue, Libya removed their ambassador from Copenhagen, many others are doing the same.

Originally posted by Ahura:

What about Apple Danish? It's not made in Denmark (my local bakery rather), but its the only Danish thing I know.

Looooooooooool @apple Danish

Is the paper that printed the derisory cartoons government owned?

If not, why hold the Danish government and danish people responsible?

Castro   

Just so you're aware how much this boycott is affecting Denmark, take a look at the Copenhagen Post. There is no doubt it's well past the point of freedom of expression. These mofos are feeling it in their wallets. And what better place to get back at these racist SOB's.

Also checkout that enemy of muslims, the puppet president of Afghanistan, Dameer Karzai's comments. What a whore!

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

If not, why hold the Danish government and danish people responsible?

Freedom of expression, good SB. It's a b!tch ain't it? The same rights and freedoms Danes have to insult others' beliefs, muslims have to boycott their countries and products. It's a two-way street saaxib.

Edited: I really haven't been following this until this evening and I believe these excuses of freedom of expression are without any merit. They are thinly veiled moves of hypocrisy. The very least the Danish government could have done is strongly condemn the paper and its actions. They may be free to express an opinion but condemnations and boycots are a fair response. As has been mentioned by nomads in this thread, compare this to any statement made about Jews (living or dead) and accusations of anti-semitism are lodged by the Anti-Defamation league and the state of Israel. When that occurs, quick apologies, retractions and condemnations of the hateful (yet still free) speech are announced. A double standard from the Danes, the EU and others and one that shouldn't go unpunished.

Haneefah   

I'm not surprised at all that this type of hate-inspired rhetoric is coming from Denmark. The notion of diversity, tolerance and multiculturalism is incredibly foreign to these ppl with whom I've had the unfortunate luck of living with for years. I can only imagine how prejudice and discrimination against minorities has heightened to paramount level after 9/11.

I'm content with how the Islamic leaders have decided to deal with this. What's also commendable is how the EU,UN and the Council of Europe have all condemned the Danish gov't for not holding their press accountable (or so I've read); at least not all European countries share their sentiments. However, what disappointed me a bit is how certain furious Muslims are threatening to bomb and kill innocent folks--adds fuel to the fire and only proves certain westerners' preconceived notion of Islam being a religion of the sword and bloodshed

Originally posted by Paragon:

They have tried demonizing the Muslim mass in their media previously, and when we didn't react and we have ignored it, they have moved a ladder up their testing attacks. Now it is our Prophet (pbuh), and tommorrow? You take a guess.

Exactly, it becomes a slippery slope unless we stand up collectively and take a firm stance against this.

Let's not forget to all petition Insha'Allah.

ps: I'm afraid this will set an example for every raging Islamaphobic attention-seeking freak out there: Check this Blog I came across :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rose   

Originally posted by Katrina:

quote:
Guess its g'bye to Kinder chocolate.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Kinder chocolate! I reward myself every day by buying two or three of their little round white chocolate balls. How is a sista to cope with long library hours with out her daily fix?! :mad: :mad:
SubhanaALLAH! how can you joke about such a notable and honourable cause! Allahul Musta'an

Katrina   

^Lady take your "SubhanaALLAH" to someone else and chill out! I'm simply mourning (ie. one of the 5 steps of grief) the death of an addiction that got me thru many nights, sheesh :mad:

Are you specifically isolating me coz I don't see ya weirding out with the sea rejecting danish products. Doesn't that warrant a "SubhanaALLAH"

PS. Your post wouldn't normally warrant a response from me but like I said procrastination causes unusual behavior. Maybe you should read my other post to calm you down. Peace

Khayr   

^Lady take your "SubhanaALLAH" to someone else and chill out! I'm simply mourning (ie. one of the 5 steps of grief) the death of an addiction that got me thru many nights, sheesh :mad:

Are you specifically isolating me coz I don't see ya weirding out with the sea rejecting danish products. Doesn't that warrant a "SubhanaALLAH"

PS. Your post wouldn't normally warrant a response from me but like I said procrastination causes unusual behavior. Maybe you should read my other post to calm you down. Peace

Salamz,

Rose, walaal Katrina 'Hurricane' Farax has been on the right side today-Alhamdulillah and infact in support with the muslims.

Katrina walaal, don't respond to every confrontation walaal. I think that its just a misunderstanding and inshallah concentrate on what is uniting us here-Love for the RAsul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm).

Fi Amanillah

Rose   

^Lady take your "SubhanaALLAH" to someone else

"SubhanaAllah" = Glory be to Allah. How is one supposed to take it to someone else, this would result in disbelief.

The latter doesnt warrant a "SubhanaALLAH" because my reasons were wholly justified:)

Peace 2 you too.