Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

ALL MUSLIMS BOYCOTT DANISH PRODUCTS!!

Rose   

Originally posted by Khayr:

quote:Originally posted by Katrina:

^Lady take your "SubhanaALLAH" to someone else and chill out! I'm simply mourning (ie. one of the 5 steps of grief) the death of an addiction that got me thru many nights, sheesh :mad:

Are you specifically isolating me coz I don't see ya weirding out with the sea rejecting danish products. Doesn't that warrant a "SubhanaALLAH"

PS. Your post wouldn't normally warrant a response from me but like I said procrastination causes unusual behavior. Maybe you should read my other post to calm you down. Peace

Salamz,

Rose, walaal Katrina 'Hurricane' Farax has been on the right side today-Alhamdulillah and infact in support with the muslims.

Katrina walaal, don't respond to every confrontation walaal. I think that its just a misunderstanding and inshallah concentrate on what is uniting us here-Love for the RAsul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm).

Fi Amanillah
lol

One love

Jacpher   

Originally posted by Castro:

As has been mentioned by nomads in this thread, compare this to any statement made about Jews (living or dead) and accusations of anti-semitism are lodged by the Anti-Defamation league and the state of Israel. When that occurs, quick apologies, retractions and condemnations of the hateful (yet still free) speech are announced. A double standard from the Danes, the EU and others and one that shouldn't go unpunished.

You aint lying sxb. Had they published anti-semitic cartoons, the matter would go beyond apology. You would have officials summoned to resign by now. Muslims should have the choice to do business with whomever they wish. Let the Danes enjoy their freedom of press while Muslims enjoy their freedom of choice. The last thing they want is to have their product rotten in warehouses. It’s all about the economy going down the drain. If and when employees get laid off and factories closed, the pain starts to feel.

What was the newspapers’ point/goal for such publication?

Modesty   

Katrina...to hell with kinder chocolate, the Danes can shove up where the sun never shines. And please don't abuse SubhanAllah, we all need to praise Allah. Please abaayo, try some other form of caffeine to calm you down.

Also, welcome Rose to SOL.

bilan   

this freedom of speech talk is nonsense,why freedom of speech is only applied when muslims and prophet(PPUH)are insulted,but it becomes racism and crime against humanity when directed to others,no muslim ever insluted christian or jews or even pagan religious figure, because islam prohibits muslims to do so,so i believe we have every right to demand same treatment. why do jews have the right not only to protest and demand apology, but also force the international community to condemn, if someone even doubts how bad holocust was, so why can not muslims exercise their consumer right. i wish muslims will know their economic power and exercise it more often.i do not buy any danish products so i am not crying for anything.

P.S i dream about the day people will read before they post,and not act they care islam more than rest of us.

Nephissa   

Islamic states closing Danish embassies, mass boycotting of Danish products - All THIS over a couple of satirical newspaper cartoons! You gotta love it!

PS: Do we have Danish products in the US? Anyone got a list? How'bout the Starbucks' Blueberry-Lemon Cream Danish or the Strawberry-Cheese Danish. Are they Danish products? or it's just a name?

Jacpher   

Tanag you too Bishaaro.

It’s included in the list Modesty provided.

I’ve not used it but I see it at the local Halaal Meat all the time. It must be some type of Danish Cheese Cream, similar to the Kenyan Blue Band butter. Qoxooti folks know that one too well. I don’t know if it’s Halaal or just the Arabic writing makes it sound xalaal.

ElPunto   

A rather hedged and evasive apology when you have a phrase like this:

"In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize."

So how could 'sober' drawings have offended so many?

From my angle, it is less important for the newspaper to apologize than for the Danish gov't to condemn, repudiate and apologize on behalf of the Danish people. But their Prime Minister has simply left the issue as 'we have freedome of expression in Denamark...' But then not surprising when he has the racist 'People's Party' in his coalition.

I think it is very, very important for Muslims to atriculate what would lead to an end of the boycott. Boycotts should be very directed and pinpointed and should end when corrective action has been taken to be most effective. So far, I haven't heard anything on this front.

Modesty   

Even with their apology, they haven't said that the cartoons itself were offensive,they just apologized for the reaction. Of course their intention was to spread hate and anger the muslim populace. As a muslim, I would never ever buy their products again even with their "apology". I also think, Denmark and Norway hit a sour note with their Middle Eastern consumers for a long time.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Say(y)id Qutb:

Blessed, sister I don't think that it was a little bit over the top that's my reaction/suggestion I'm talking about!

You yourself would defend your integrity if someone would call you something vile and holy unappriopriate. Image and reputation isn't to be taken as fun.

I could imagine you would defend yourself if attacked, then what do you say about defending the honour of the prophet.

The prophet has more rights than you and you should love him more than yourself (ego), and both of your parents.

Less significant things have been fought over and I personally can't think of anything more important than going to war to defend the last prophets honour and integrity other than going to Jihaad to uphold Allah’s word and to make it the highest.

If you go back to what I've quoted of your text walaal, I've only referred to your part about invading Denmark and deporting Danish Expats.

The first is impossible considering that we aren’t even in a position to wage defensive jihaad in our own lands. Secondly, it’s unfair mistreat the ‘dhiimis’ and it will of course be a setback for the Muslim minorities in Denmark.

Apart from that, you’re preaching to the converted. smile.gif

Salaam,

Can anybody say in where in the West: Holocaust is non-existent, you can go behind bars for that, you cannot be Anti-Semitic by any means, nor Anti-Christian,or anyother religion, But you can insult Islam and Muslims as you like: Let the boycott goes on!!!

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Modesty:

Even with their apology, they haven't said that the cartoons itself were offensive,they just apologized for the reaction.

LOL - yes. In fact, they said the cartoons were 'sober in our opinion'! Maybe the editors should first be sober to make the appropriate judgement that what they publish is sober.