Che -Guevara

Somali State to Receive 50 Percent of Gas/Oil Revenue

Recommended Posts

galbeedi   

We have to see how they calculate. If it is 50% of the taxes per barrel that is good. The best method is royalty per barrel, with revenue rising with the oil prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80% of oil revenue belongs to the company digging the oil. 

The 20% remaining is what the region will get 50%. This is still close to the 5% Abiy mentioned. No much has changed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, galbeedi said:

We have to see how they calculate.

That is the key and the single most important issue. Everything else is just an add on jargons.

 

I already see utter deceptive and totally fake:

25% to all regions including producing region. lol So childish. There is no mechanism to do this and never done anywhere in the world. Nver heard such childish meaningless propaganda.

 

What is normally done is % for federal % for state/province % for local or district

Or simply the whole thing to central government or %federal/central and % to province or State.

 

What was proposed during Illey by Kililka was:

Federal government is totally responsible for pipeline, highways, houses, roads..

Federal government pays 100% for security, but total contracted to Kililka responsible for security

Oil companies and Federal government pay for environmental measures Kililka has to agree and Kililka to be given work to its capacity.

Cash to Kililka was 40% which brought the whole ratio to 60-65% to Kililka including what is specifically spent on Kililka.

 

That is why the Oromo bulked at it.

The Tigray were OK since they had wanted Kililka to be main gateway for all trade so the infrastructure investment was no problem.

That is why so many Tigray businesses had taken land in Kililka and knew where the main highways would be including 3 more airports.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

No wonder non OGs are trying to squat in our lands. 

 

We know your wells contain water, ours has oil.

 

In the future we will need workers to build our mansions. Marka Somaliyay tartib. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saalax   
2 hours ago, Apophis said:

No wonder non OGs are trying to squat in our lands. 

 

We know your wells contain water, ours has oil.

 

In the future we will need workers to build our mansions. Marka Somaliyay tartib. 

 That land is what lots of Somalis of all walks  died for in 1977 war. Don't piss on their graves ungrateful kid. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   
4 hours ago, Saalax said:

 That land is what lots of Somalis of all walks  died for in 1977 war. Don't piss on their graves ungrateful kid. 

They died for siyad bare not for us.

squaters not welcomed in our lands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

80% of oil revenue belongs to the company digging the oil. 

The 20% remaining is what the region will get 50%. This is still close to the 5% Abiy mentioned. No much has changed. 

Wow, a measly 7.5%. 

Highway robbery!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   

Nowadays, no one uses the old way calculating revenues.  Even some African countries are copying from North America. Central or federal government taxes sales and profits of the companies, and provincial and regional governments usually gets royalty per barrel. If the production and price  increases so does the state revenue. If price declines the state revenue will go down.

Federal government should not be managing the resources, local people should.

For example, if you charge just a mere 5% per barrel , that is $2.5 dollars when oil is trading $50. If it goes $100 you got five dollars. If they produce a million barrel a day you get between 2-5 million a day. Any other system  that calculates production costs and other schemes companies use to steal money is unacceptable. Some might even say that they have to recoup their original costs which could hit billions and delay any money to the host state. Besides, Ethiopians are backwards in terms of dealing with the advanced world.

We already have Somali oil executives and petroleum engineers who could help if there is a need.

Apophis, most of the oil is in Godey (OG countryside ) area,  but we will share as all brothers do.

Do , not get carried away about  these little tribal skirmishes ( Is riix riixa gaajadu keenray ee qabaa'ilka), after all , we all brothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Nowadays, no one uses the old way calculating revenues.  Even some African countries are copying from North America. Central or federal government taxes sales and profits of the companies, and provincial and regional governments usually gets royalty per barrel. If the production and price  increases so does the state revenue. If price declines the state revenue will go down.

Federal government should not be managing the resources, local people should.

For example, if you charge just a mere 5% per barrel , that is $2.5 dollars when oil is trading $50. If it goes $100 you got five dollars. If they produce a million barrel a day you get between 2-5 million a day. Any other system  that calculates production costs and other schemes companies use to steal money is unacceptable. Some might even say that they have to recoup their original costs which could hit billions and delay any money to the host state. Besides, Ethiopians are backwards in terms of dealing with the advanced world.

We already have Somali oil executives and petroleum engineers who could help if there is a need.

Apophis, most of the oil is in Godey (OG countryside ) area,  but we will share as all brothers do.

Do , not get carried away about  these little tribal skirmishes ( Is riix riixa gaajadu keenray ee qabaa'ilka), after all , we all brothers.

Its some fake propaganda against Illey.

Why don't they post the basic formulae?

Why they don't say how much the Chinese company is taking..will never tell this by Abiy or Abtigis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   
4 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Why don't they post the basic formulae?

 

The Somali state should know how much is produced. No one should accept donations from the federal government.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cubano   

 That land is what lots of Somalis of all walks  died for in 1977 war. Don't piss on their graves ungrateful kid. 

If they dont like the deal They can try to invade Ethiopia again.

Cubans and Russians will be ready for another fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cubano said:

 That land is what lots of Somalis of all walks  died for in 1977 war. Don't piss on their graves ungrateful kid. 

If they dont like the deal They can try to invade Ethiopia again.

Cubans and Russians will be ready for another fight.

You forget to add other Arab countries. 

Soviet is dead now . Somalia will wake up again. Somalia ha nolato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.