Sign in to follow this  
Jalaato

Iman Abdul Majid and David Bowie

Jalaato   

Why has David got odd looking eyes?

He has a condition called aniscoria, which is the medical term for unequal pupils. In 1962, aged 14, he got punched in the eye by his school friend George Underwood, during an argument over a girl named Carol Goldsmith. George's knuckle caught David's eye and dislodged something. David was admitted to Farnborough Hospital, where it was found that the sphincter muscles in his left eye were damaged and he underwent two eye operations. He has an enlarged pupil that remains permanently open, giving the effect of different coloured eyes. David and George are to this day still life-long friends.

George played in early Bowie groups and eventually became a commercial artist. He was involved in the design of the album sleeves for Hunky Dory (1971), The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars (1972) albums/posters/flyers, graphics for The 1980 Floor Show and The Man Who Fell To Earth book cover.

Where did David and Iman meet?

David and Iman met on a blind date arranged by their mutual hairdresser friend Teddy Antolin at a dinner party in Los Angeles on October 14th 1990. For David it was love at first sight.

Where did David propose to Iman?

After living together for 20 months, David proposed to Iman in Paris, France. David hired a 'rather smart boat', dinner for two and a pianist. As they cruised along the River Seine, he 'popped the question' under the Pont Neuf.

How many children has David got?

David has two children. His son Duncan Zowie Haywood Jones, who was born 30th May 1971 at Beckenham Hospital weighing 8lbs. 8oz.

His daughter, Alexandria Zahra Jones, was born 15th August 2000 at 5:06am in New York City, weighing 7lbs 4.6oz (3.28 kilogrammes). Her christian names were chosen for their real meanings - Alexandria means "defender of mankind" and Zahra is Arabic for "inner light". David assisted with the delivery and cut the umbilical cord.

View Alexandria photographs.

His step daughter, Zulekha was born 5th July 1978, from Iman's first marriage to basketball player Spencer Haywood. Zulekha means "intelligent" in Arabic.

Has Iman got any tattoos?

Iman has two tattoos, one above her ankle which depicts a Bowie knife with the word 'David' written on the handle and around her belly button the Arabic lettering for 'David'.

Has David got any tattoos?

David has one tattoo on the back of his left calf which depicts a dolphin and a Japanese variation of the Serenity prayer among the content, it portrays a man riding a dolphin with his left hand extended with a little frog, along with a personal Japanese (Kanji) inscription.

David drew the artwork himself and had a Japanese tattooist ink it for him and also translate the prayer into Katakana. David says he had the tattoo done "as a confirmation of the love I feel for my wife and my knowledge of the power of life itself."

Tuujiye   

Subxaana laah!!!!!!!!!

Kaalay adi anaa sheeko kuu haayo ee pm me nooh..

Iman iyo David ka daran hanaga ag dhacdee...

baabkaan oo doon iyo maraxoo music garaacayo ku gashay...ar nakee anaa tinaar muufo kuu furaayo bujiyo duboona ku baraayee...wareerkaan maxaa ka falee..Tatoo hadaa rabtidna cilaan aan kugu sharxaa sidii farshaxankii...seecamal jalaato canbe...labadaan qof isku mirirtay maxaa sheekadooda oo baabul been ku dhisan ka falee...lol...Anaa kula qoraayo sheekadoo hadhootii 80 xadiis laga soo wariyo..lol..qabriga jaceelka ma maqashay abaaaaaaaaaaay abaaaaaaaaaay iga dhaaaaaaaaaaf!!!

I'm just playing with you nooooooooooooooh...

wareeeeeer badanaaa!!!!!

Baluug   

Since we're all of a sudden reviving old topics,why the hell don't I bring one back?

Originally posted by Jalaato:

Because he's a friggin Q-U-E-E-R

Probably a rose or a butterfly on his asscheeks,That fag

Pucca   

we?? its only pucca who's bringing old stuff back! and dude this isn't old...more like yesterdays topic.

ps. liibaanow, revive 2002-2003 topics...real gemz ( you wouldn't believe how seriously open some nomads were...*shocked* )

so far i think i've seen about 20 threads on "who do you want to meet?" "if you could meet who would it be" "who's your fav nomad"....argh! yall seriously have not changed.."who would you save if..." :rolleyes:

Goonle   

Originally posted by waryaa_liibaanow:

Since we're all of a sudden reviving old topics,why the hell don't I bring one back?

quote:

Originally posted by Jalaato:

Because he's a friggin Q-U-E-E-R

Probably a rose or a butterfly on his asscheeks,That fag

Not to mention that it must be pretty excruciating when u having your shit packed, which might explain the stress in his eyes.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Goonle:

Not to mention that it must be pretty excruciating when u having your shit packed, which might explain the stress in his eyes.

HAHAHAHEHEHEHEHHOHOHOHOHO lol I couldn't stop laughing when I read this!!!HEHE So true,Goonle.Maybe that's what it was all along!

shyhem   

Now this is boredom at its best.What the heck do we have to do with this two old ugly has beens........iman this and bowie that..............i say Give me a break and tell me something more interesting.