Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Long distance relationship

Ur entitled KK, i just remembered my freind whom i stil love btw.

may be u have not loved yet so wait n see hope he will be dariskaaga so u wont have to suffer.

Kool_Kat   

I have loved, and alhamdulilah have been married for almost 7yrs...

I just can not understand why commit yourself to someone for so long without seeing them...I want him there when i need him, when I am happy, when I need a shoulder to cry on, and when I just feel like seeing him for no special reason...I want him there in person, not 1000s of miles away...That's just me... ;)

Skipper   

KK i am touched that you offered me to finance my wedding. KK thats very generous indeed but i would very much prefer if you keep the money in your piggy bank just for now. KK i am a big fan of you

sis. KK congrats i didnt know you were married.

"may be u have not loved yet so wait n see hope he will be dariskaaga so u wont have to suffer".

Uma that line is the most classiest line i have ever seen,well done.

Skipper thx bro, ur wonderful, i really admire ur courage n committment. Hope in Illahay isukiin calfo n may u be kuwii isku waaro oo wanaagsanadaa insha Allah.

remember good things come to those who wait.

Kool Kat, waaw, all this time u were in my mind this little sister with raging hormones, iam ashamed of myself now. Sabeen baan kugu xiray, cimaamadna madaxaan kaa saaray, lugaha fiidooda horana waan kaa shumiyey sis. 7 yrs married, ur my senior. Maansha Allaah.

I remain,

Salute!

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I
just can not understand why commit yourself to someone for so long without seeing them...
I
want him there when
i
need him, when
I
am happy, when
I
need a shoulder to cry on, and when
I
just feel like seeing him for no special reason...
I
want him there in person, not 1000s of miles away...That's just me...
;)
[/QB]

When I when I when I, when I....its all about you, dang your one selfish girl. Good Luck.

yo Skip i can't answer ur question, but there many ppl in ur situation akhi, what Allah wills happens, marka best of khayr bro and i wish u and your girl a happy ending inshallah.

Kool_Kat   

Legend, I didn't even think of it that way...It will be 7yrs in Nov...

Skipper, thank you walaalo for the congrats...Don't worry I will keep my money in the piggy bank, but if you change your mind just holla at me... ;)

UMU, you almost made me cry ***holds back tears*** Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Sidaasoo kalaa iga mudantahay... :D:D:D

Khalaf, you're damn right it is all about me, cuz it is MY opinion...I am just say what I would've done... ;)

Everybody is different.

In the case of long distance relationships bullsh!t talks.Empty promises are just that , empty.Aslong as both parties initiate somesort of a agreement within a 'healthy' timespan then it's all good.'Healthy' being a timespan that they could handle.As I said before everyone is different.

In my experience long distance relationships are difficult.Not only because of the sacrifices you make but also the curtain that distance provides shady individuals with.ie somebody lying about/hiding a certain aspect of their life that would effect you ect.Luckily within the Somali community you can do a background check on almost anybody.Unfortunately though you cannot suss out/pick up somebody's effed up characteristics,secrets or intentions straight away as they are not in front of you so you cannot catch onto the body language.So for that part and based on my experiences I'm not too enthusiastic on them to be honest.

Xalimopatra sis very sorry u had a negative experiance but if one can cheat or lie to u from far, be very certain he would do it right infront of ur eyes too.

It,s all abt trust though it is difficult just TRUST n also TRUST ur own instincts. If he/she breaks it, ka jaf jafo oo ka dhaqaaq and dress 4 number too, who knows.

Skipper is a gentlemann from what am reading n he knows what he is in for. All am saying is that they blissful marriages n relationships next doors that end up in disastors fter a HUGE investments.

Umu-Z I know that somebody can lie in front of you lakiin you fail to see my point.The fact of the matter is it is much more difficult to figure somebody out when they are not around you as opposed to when you see them face to face all the time.Atleast when they are in front of you they cannot hide their body language where as when they are far away from you somebody can paint themselves out to be who they want to be and give you that on the phone.Face to face works best.A woman's intuition rocks and how are you to know if someone is TRULY sincere unless you have them infront of you like a guinea pig shifting and ish :D

It's much more beneficial as a young person to have the person around so you can decide whether or not the person is sincere so that you can eliminate them as you said and move on.Time is precious!

Skipper   

Uma thanks for praising me sis. xalimopatra gave herself that nickname maybe because she either looks like Oprah Winfrey or she is good at talking.Being a somali myself i just hope the latter is the correct one. xalimopatra i understand from what you said that you went through a rough long distance relationship and that made you hate everything that has to do with long distance relationship. But xalimopatra i fear that the relationship that you had was with a guy who you met over the internett and not in real life, a cyber relationship if you like. No disrespect to anyone who is involved in a cyber relationship but the chance of a cyber relationship succeding is as slim as surviving from a plane crush. Having said that i think the diffrence between long distance relationship and cyber is huge. With long you are into a relationship with someone you know and who you have been in a relationship with.