Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Long distance relationship

Skipper   

Ala somali yaab badana. Nomads i thought my quesion was crystal clear. "Is there anyone who is in a long distance relationship and how are they handling the situation?" was all i asked. Instead of answering the quesion some of you nomads are on a fishing expedition on a personl territory. You are asking quesions that are too personl to be answered. I dont remember asking for advice but i appreaciate those who took the time to bestow me with some good advice.

Zafir   

Its times like this, I wish I invested in calling cards. Imagine all that useless talk in change, man I missed out.

Skipper   

Zafir you are vividly describing what i am going through on a day to day basis, but you are not quite there abtii. Zafir are you one of those iling from long distance relationship?

Blessed   

^Well she's worth the calling cards and the money of you're truely in love with her, most couples go through a period of seperation, it's kinda healthy, I think. I'A I hope it works out for you.

Zafir   

^^Oh yeah, this man spent 7years worth of calling cards making another man very wealthy and he doesn't have a duffle bag to show for it. Dear, truly in love or not, common sense must prevail.

Blessed   

^Maybe a samsonite aa u soo socota, you never know. No harm in wishing the brother well, I'm sure he knows where he's heading.. hopefuly he'll get a happy ending ike UmZak.

Kool_Kat   

A lot change in 7yrs...People change...People grow...People grow out of love if their significant other is not there...

Dump her, and dump her fast...It is NOT worth it... icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

^ dump kulaha, xasidsanidaa abaayo. Allow yaa "kaada" ku yiraa ta yar sii daa ad aragtid xanuunkee smile.gif

Anyway, a place where I live, guys hate long distance relationships, especially those between Europe and N America (forget about ausie akhiro ayeey joogan kuwaasi). They believe these kinda relationships are far too complicated. Problems: Cheating, lies, over-mileage (yes, dadka qaarkii mileage culus aa iska saaran kara horey la isu sheegin) etc. So they rather prefer the local somali girls (meeshay rabtaba hakala dhacdee).

However, Skipper's case is different. They together seeded their love in Africa. He must have known her and her character so as long as they happy with each other and still love one other (status quo) then hey isasuga weligiinba ilaa ad is calfatan and wish you all the best.

So Hr. Skipper held og lykke brodermand!

Skipper   

Zafir and Kool kat are still teenagers i assume because they have no clue what they are talking about. Kool kat says to dump her is the best option!!!!! i did´t know we were dealing with garbages here. Anyways what i should do or not do has nothing to do with you. With the exeption of few most of you don´t know what soul mate is. Zenobia and LLPP you 2 makes me proud to be somalian.

Ms DD   

Skipper

Salaam aleykum and welcome

I have never been in a long term relationship ..unless you count the puppy love at my teenage years smile.gif

Anyhow, You are seeing the girl this December..not long to go so dont worry about what other say. You can have pretty good idea of where the whole relationship stand when you meet each other and you will take it from there. Also pray salatul Istakhaara.

http://www.al-baz.com/shaikhabdalqadir/Books_and_Text_of_Wisdom/Special_Prayers/Salat_al-Istikhara/salat_al-istikhara.html

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Skipper:

Zafir and Kool kat are still teenagers

That's the best compliment...Thanks...

N'way, what you do or don't is none of my business...However, you're the one who started this thread and asked for our opinions...Right...Then that's my opinion...

You mean to tell me, that for seven years, you haven't talk to or dated any other girl...There's something wrong with that...Seven years is a very very very loooooooong time, to wait for someone...However, if you want to wait another 7yrs or 17yrs is up to you...Koleey ani masugeen...Unless he is, you know, Bill Gates...lol

I know the meaning of soul mate...And it certainly doesn't mean being away from my soul mate for 7yrs...Are you kidding me!!!

^ dump kulaha, xasidsanidaa abaayo. Allow yaa "kaada" ku yiraa ta yar sii daa ad aragtid xanuunkee

LLPP, I will drop him like hot potatoes, if he is gonna be away from me for 7 long yrs...Girl got needs you know... :D:D:D

Long distance relationships are just rubbish...Why can't you find your "soul mate" where ever you are...I wouldn't advise anyone to be in a long distance relationship...That's just my take on it...NOT WORTH IT!!!