Sign in to follow this  
Africanqueen

I want to Learn how to cook....

Africanqueen-Maybe adaa Af-Somali khalad ah kuhadlaaya.I guess ciyaal xaafad matihid icon_razz.gif

I understood Nuune just fine.

Nuune...sxb reer waaberi maas aheed?

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Why dont you guys let the girl answer MS DD's question. :

I believe I answered her Q in my answer beforehand.

I stated, that to have a successful marriage, you need to please your husband in the kitchen department, and the bedroom.

To explain further than that, will not be very halaal. You need to use your imagination people, that is all I can say.

nuune   

Che, maya sxb, some of reerkeena aa daganaa and waan ka qaraaban jirey via liberia

Duceysano, all ears yeah, waan sugeenaa

Buuxo   

Originally posted by nuune:

Africanqueen aloore atarisho waxaa leedahay ma fahmin miyaa, see camal buufiska aduunka maa kugu dhaceyna mise tarantoorigaa ku go'ay, moolo moolaati iska dhig yeah soona dhawoow mar kale macbuudkaa ku dhaartee bajiyaha sida loo kariya ma aqaani maa dhahdeyna

AFricanQueen,Af somaaliga Nuune waa mid aad usareeyo.Nuune is the Sociolinguist of SOL. smile.gif

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Africanqueen:

quote:Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Why dont you guys let the girl answer MS DD's question. :

I believe I answered her Q in my answer beforehand.

I stated, that to have a successful marriage, you need to please your husband in the kitchen department, and the bedroom.

To explain further than that, will not be very halaal. You need to use your imagination people, that is all I can say.
This pleasing business seems one way street to me. I want to know what will the bloke learn or go out of his way specially for me in order to please me?

Why cant he learn to cook in order to please you?

Buuxo   

Aahey DD.Nothing stoping him.

I know my little brothers wives(2b) will not starve.Because they can cook many main somali meals well.

Originally posted by Ms DD:

This pleasing business seems one way street to me. I want to know what will the bloke learn or go out of his way specially for me in order to please me?

Why cant he learn to cook in order to please you? [/QB]

Well I believe in traditional roles. A Woman should keep the house clean, cook the food, and cater to her mans desires. And, the man should make sure his family are financially secure.

Households need structure, you play your part, he plays his part. Having said that, because we live in the 21st century, and living expenses are extremely high - thus it wouldn't hurt if the wife could work part-time. As long as she is still fulfilling her duty in the house.

I mean put yourself in a Man shoes. You've been out all day, working, earning money to sustain your wives festish for shoes, buy her the latest sofa, or brand new curtains to make all the other Xalimo jealous when they visit. The least you want is to come home to a clean house, with food on the table. But oh no, you discover the woman you married is a ''Feminist'' all she ever screams about is ''what do you do for me??'' B**ch can you not see the house your living in, the bills I pay. And you want me to wash the dishes?

Personally I am very against domestic violence, but in this situation, he should Chris Brown her.

^ LOL @ Chris Brown her.

African Queen you sound very similar to somebody I know. You're right, Ramadan is the BEST time to learn as you cook an array of things, more than the daily boring baasto and bariis.

I would advise you to use the time productively. When your mum's cooking you should stand beside her and make the same product- perhaps a smaller quantity until you gain confidence to make enough for the whole family.

When talking to guys don't use that cornflake joke again- it's a really bad one! And even i'd run a mile. Instead you should be quite vague and say yeah 'i'm not bad, indhaha ma'aalin aa' and swiftly move the conversation along.

In future if you ever feel pressure to invite his family round for dinner, make sure you do it during Ramadan...everyone's hungry, they'll be MUCH more grateful and kill off the food licking their fingers :D

Goodluck sis!