Sign in to follow this  
Liibaan

Why Somali Sisters have difficulty to understand faaraxs

Yo brothers and sisters, let me tell you some stories from my experience. I personnally know somali women and men happily married to foreigners : Most of them to white people, and few to arab people. The truth is if you find someone intelligent, mature enough to start a life, it pays off : your are happilly married whether the spouse is somali or foreign won't change anything. However if you marry or even go out with a low life, ****** guy, you'll live a nightmare. He, or she for that matter, will treat you badly and your family and friend will feel sorry for you. I know some girls to my family married to low-life Faraax, shit happen in Life especially if you are not wise enough to avoid this kind of guys (faraax or jamaican).

Of course, it's nice to get married to someone with you share the same values, tradition, and religion but life is full of surprise. So please do not generalise when it comes to jamaicans (even though most of them are womanisers it has to do with their culture), I am sure there are some nice jamaican guys outthere.

So the morale of this : All Xalimos should target ambitious, hardworking, honnest men (Faarax or foreigners) as future husbands.

is it not advising her our duty in order to ensure a better walfare in future for " GABADHA SOMALIYEED" ?

If you wanna ensure the future of gabadh iyo wiil Somaliyeed, you might wanna start ensuring the future of Somalia where our people and culture can thrive peacefully and progress to its best potential.

As for diasporo, it is inevitable to find people going out to find patners in other races simply coz they can't find what they are looking in the Somali Community.Obviously, Saaxib I would love to see every Somali give the first oppurtunity to their own people ,but if they don't find their potential patner within community. There is nothing wrong going out there.

If we wanna save Gabar iyo Wiil Somaliyeed. We can perhaps raise better kids with Asluub, education, and understanding for their culture and Diin. We could move out of Ghettos of North America, and work hard so that our kids can live in better enviroment and find better education instead of the cheap inner city schools.We can stop relying on the Welfare system and move on to better things. In other words my friend, we need to better ourselves to make sure our children find what are looking within our community. There is nothing with saving Hooyo Somali, but Your Aaabi Somaliyeed waa inuu Shaqodiisa Ka soo Baxaa!!!

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

There is nothing with saving Hooyo Somali, but Your Aaabi Somaliyeed waa inuu Shaqodiisa Ka soo Baxaa!!! [/QB]

Well said Che De Guvara, Aabo Somaliyeed deosnt know where his children are while chasing a politcal shadows and a narrow mindedness of his clan, besides we need to give a credit to the Somali girls as they out-perfomring educationally to their counterpart and their countrymen, I think it's unfair to generalise and say all Somali girls are interested to the Jamicans or foreigners.there is so many highly educated Somali girls being modest all their life and looking a muslim, decent man, or perfer to stay single till the right man comes along, but while Faraaxs chewing chat,and loosing themselves in wild miraqaan ... Jamicans entertain those who are interested,it's a free country afterall. :D But it would have been nice to safeguard the islamic Akhlaaq - inama alumamu akhlaaq ida dahabat dahabuuu!(Nations are their character if that goes they are gone) an arabic proverb!

But What is questionable How this Foolxumo called Richard greenwood come up with this shameful pharse - that Somali girls are cheap and clean? a c grade comedian of jamican origin - did they go to his gigs? was he having a somali g/f,I dont know, that is what i heard. he's the guy who coin that bad name.

J.Lee   

Katrina wrote:

Dear Chocolate shid happens with every culture otherwise try explaining why a so-called polite, muslim somali brother would offer me downtown on a first date

Loooooooooooool.Iga daa taa explanation ma is taahishee. Inaba caadhi mo'oho

Back to the topic:

Humans, regardless of sex, have difficulty understanding each other. End of story, this problem isn't unique nor is it relative only to Somali males or females.

Laakiinse, I'd offer you one piece of advice, look at the person not as a part and parcel of a sex determined by which sexual reproductive they have but as an individual. A living breathing organism that functions not according to an assigned gender role (or at least your understanding of behavioral patterns regarding their sex) but who they really are and what personality traits they exhibit.

One final point, what is amiss with you Somali guys of today? Waligiin ma is waydiisayn waxa ku kalifaayo gabdhihiini inay ku cararaan niban ajinabi ah oo foolxumadooda markii indha lagu dhufto sidii fatara kuusey oo fariin lahayn kuu jiidhaysa?

B.T.W

Faraax, who ever he is, needs to get with the program and stop whining: Take it like a woman ku dheh.

Originally posted by Katrina:

Dear Chocolate shid happens with every culture otherwise try explaining why a so-called polite, muslim somali brother would offer me
downtown
on a first date

^^ What you mean Downtown? I didnt get that part!!... can you elaborate that?

Cheers

Oh..Comin back to the Topic..

- **Alle U baahne Mode On ** -

waxaa iga hor yimid calaacalka faraha badan!!! waar niman ragga ah iska dhigoo..oo si kasta oo aad uga xanuun sanaysaan ha tusina...maa maxay calaacal...Ninka Ragga ah calaacal laguma yaqaan... Intaan muusootaan iskaga sii socda!

- ** Alle U baahne Mode Off ** -

Cheers

muunad   

wat does it matter if they are dating a person of a different nationality. that just means that the brothers are not talking care of thier own. or the the sisters are young and experimenting(a phase we all go through). like the saying goes "every cultures pride is in thier woman" in other words do u guys feel threatend that ur girls are gone because ur culture will too or is just an ego prob..

personally i would never date a person outside of my country because of the language barrier and our cultural difference. the language barrier would not be an issue for me but that of the majority of my family. while the cultural barrier would be mine to deal with day in and day out regardless of the "love" that we share.

don't worry faraax's at the end of the day we will be back to u ;)

Baluug   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

quote:Originally posted by Katrina:

Dear Chocolate shid happens with every culture otherwise try explaining why a so-called polite, muslim somali brother would offer me
downtown on a first date

^^ What you mean
Downtown
? I didnt get that part!!...
can you elaborate that?

Cheers
You don't want to know what that means, trust me.....

I understand my Faraxs just fine...Maybe I dont agree with them at times for differing opinions but we must be doing something right.I'm in my 22nd year of marriage and 7 kids later here I am....

Lol.Wouldn't that be nice?

INSHA'ALLAH!

Paragon   

Legend,

Nimaan lug iyo lag midna faraha ku hayn ayaa calaacala ayeey aniga ila tahay. On a serious note, however, the youngsters must not out-do each other parading each others' not-so-good sides. Or even complain about their opposite gender's shortcomings, shortcomings that are usually imagined out of frustration. Any man or woman who's had genuine experience with someone (whether the experience was pleasant or not) comes to appreciate the wisdom and beauty of being of the same ethnic background. From my part, I can only state that there is a lot of beauty in a woman's nature and nurturing instincts, and wisdom in God's creation of man for exactly how he is created.

Boys as boys are boisterous and are most of the time informed by little experience and understanding of social realities. They see or hear that a couple of teenage girls have been 'rumoured' to have gone out with non-Somalis and suddenly this becomes irrefutable 'statistical' evidence! The world-view of a young mind is restricted and limited by the rate of growth it achieves, and, the experiences it absorbs and makes sense of. Soon enough as these young minds start to comprehend more and more, their old view of the world starts to erode and so go rigid views. Also, the phenomenon of cross-cultural dating that is mostly cited against girls and boys alike, can be seen as part and parcel of the rebellious nature of growing up. As has often been observed, certain behaviours are only age-oriented, especially in regards to the correlation between youth and their propensity to commit crimes. As individuals grow into adulthood, this propensity is reduced and responsibility takes hold. Experimentation and rebellions are character builders, in as much as they form one's basis of what is practically and morally good and what isn't.

My advice to young untrained brothers is that before you reach any conclusions about our (lovely and simply beautiful - I know I am biased) sisters, at first, please trouble yourselves in understanding their aspirations. Understanding their aspirations and their expectations of the Somali man is crucial, since these aspirations and expectations are usually realistic and practical (and not really ideological or cultural). A woman, as those men who are in a relationship would confirm to you, is likely to ask for things that are achievable and of absolute necessity: good home, caring and sensitive treatment, kindness and generosity, faithfulness and most importantly, to be appreciated and not be taken for GRANTED. These things as practial as they are, they also form the foundations of a successful household, and a successful household is the basis of a successful community. Women therefore possess that strength and capability to make success materialize out of these necessary things. A successful community comes with a successfully FUNCTIONING culture, for which we men have always endeavoured. The scheme here is practical, realistic and if implemented correctly, productive. So get working! :D

The problems we have come to associate with our girls who favour other cultures and their tendencies is in fact due to the other culture's success in getting SOME of the basics right (for example, economically). Our women therefore 'may' rightfully admire these other cultures. Where women favour other cultures less successful than ours, it so happens that these women are young and in their teenage years of mental growth, or are simply driven by either vanity or ignorance or some such thing. So, let us (men) get the basics right by drawing our attention back to the functions of the households and from the clan building. All we have so far achieved, for the last 15 years that is, was to dismantle the foundations of our households. The argument that our women have abandoned our culture is not really a valid argument. Let uss be realistic again and refocus our priorities: build happy homes and educate our kids with good home building values. The rest will come as a result of such effort.

Foxy   

Quote By Lexus

In my eyes, they are naago qooqay (who are seeking the pleasures of other nationalities) in need of a culture refreshment .

^^Inan baad tahayee hablaha haa caayin ceeb caleyk,

chocolate & honey

I have seen girls(or rather grown women)who beleive that marrying into other races is hip. I have my own homegirls get mixed with black American guys and every story, let me rephrase, every experience is worse than the other. Just the other day, I was shaken from a deep sleep in the middle of the night to pick up a friend from the mall. who knew that the quite, shy, incredibly polite, moslim, black American boy would initiate sexual relations in the dark movie theatre of Mall of America?

Choc/honey ^^:did you realy feel the need to tell or share with complete strangers on this forum about ur Galfriends incident!.....she is your friend isnt she? she probably called You out of trust and here You are...bringing out the dirty laundry....... :rolleyes:

IGaDaa

Should we call this a freedom of choice? Is it matter of i mind my business and u mind your business waxna iskuma nihin? is it not advising her our duty in order to ensure a better walfare in future for " GABADHA SOMALIYEED" ?

^^ No body made You the guardian Angle of Xaliimos, So if U still feel the Urge of being a saint, I suggest You start on your own Backyard( stick to ur immediate family plz)...

in the mean time leave and respect those women who choose to date,marry or do what ever that tickles their Fancy Alone for Heavens Sake! Its their Given right to choose who they date/mate with regardless of race/religion or colour...it would be easier if You just accept it, istead of fighting it mate!

Ask any Jamaican wat is the most confusing day in jamainca??? they will tell you " Father's day" did u ever ask yourself why is that the case ????? Islayaab stop bashing other nationalities, You and I know somalis are'nt perfect either....what ever Happen to respect and tolerate others regardless of their nationality/religion or colour!

cheers

What is amiss with you Somali guys of today? Waligiin ma is waydiisayn waxa ku kalifaayo gabdhihiini inay ku cararaan niban ajinabi ah oo foolxumadooda markii indha lagu dhufto sidii fatara kuusey oo fariin lahayn kuu jiidhaysa?

[/QB]

First of all, the thread is fine..many somalis have never known the essence of Building and sustaining families .Many MEN and WOMEN pretend that by marrying an outsider..Like a JAMAICAN...they have attained some of the basic issues associated with marrying foreigners/Inter-racial which happens to be:

1. Finding a matching spouse woman/Man

2. Someone you will rely to as a husband/wife for pro-creation and Your own future generation .

3. Someone you share the aspects of life..Religion, language..sexual and material needs and so on and so forth.

I am a somali man, alhamdulillah with a bachelor degree, working for an MNC and still single.. ;) I would personally love to marry a "fine" somali woman(always my choice) whom we share Love and can fulfill the above 3 points.I would love my kids speak Somali(Mother tongue), learn about Islam(My religion) and still become good kids who will follow his parents ways of life, who will continue with the generation.I would love my WIFE to be happy and lead a "Fine" Life..an Islamic family.

It would be imprudent for me to marry another foreigner(a non somali) who will eventually complicate my life, who I know will NEVER attain my above three points goal.

If I marry a Russian woman(which happens to be my choice after somali)..even if she is a muslim, she will never attain the 3 points at a go.My kids will speak a different language and I don't think my generation will succeed persee.I can find a matching russian woman, but still our ways of life will never be the same..That is why I prefer to marry our Somali women who in most cases are Sweet, understanding and caring .

I think it's unfair to generalise and say all Somali girls are interested to the Jamicans or foreigners.there is so many highly educated Somali girls being modest all their life and looking a muslim, decent man, or perfer to stay single till the right man comes along, but while Faraaxs chewing chat,and loosing themselves in wild miraqaan ... Jamicans entertain those who are interested,it's a free country afterall.

Somali men who go out chewing Qhaat..are many..Likewise There are MANY somali men who are professionals and have integrity..single and Just can locate the right somali lady to marry.I personally know around 10 guys we chill together and all are not married.I ask all of them and they will quickly identify their somali to-be wives..That is what am talking about..

While freedom is there...Like freedom of expression.. In Denmark , still there are limits of Family, lineages and culture.

MY ADVISE

Marry the one you like (Jamaican or Red Indian)and know it is upon you to bear the consequences..Consequences can vary depending on your family, culture and religion.. If you gonna marry a somali woman/man..Know that communication is very important as knowing what you religion says about your man/woman rights..

Your future is yours..Utilize it properly..

Zafir   

Sorry guys, but am confused?? Can anyone answer this question for me?

Is't true that, you lose it, if you don’t use it? :confused:

Katrina, ;)