Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Have You Bought Your Eid Clothes Yet?

Its not long now. Eid is around the corner. As you get older you realise Eid is not what it use to be.

This year I am going to celebrate in style. With new clothes.

No nostalgic trip down memory lane to 1984 as an 11 year child waiting for Eid with new clothes. :D:D

Us too, hmm? We need to jump on the spending craze bandwagon Xmas is famous for?

Go shop for I'D* and party the night away in a ruwaayad and lets forget what it's all about, shall we?

* I'D is a trademark of G G.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Why 1984...? so random 36yrs old
:D

No clothes here, but I could use gift card prefarably American Express or Visa
:D

come on you should treat yourself. you are always sulking che. a new trousers or hat would cheer you up no?

Zakinah   

I am big child when it comes to celebrating ciid and insha allah i plan to spend as much as i can,havent had time as yet to buy but i plan on da weekend insha allah..COme on Solers get into the spirit of ciid. smile.gif

chubacka   

Which reminds me I need to make the inevitable trip to southall.

Originally posted by G G:

Us too, hmm? We need to jump on the spending craze bandwagon Xmas is famous for?

Eid clothes are a tradition GG, nothing to do with copying others.

(An Eid turkey would be a different matter)

Aaliyyah   

why would you be thinking abt eid clothes right now...its too early for that. Focus on the last 10 days of ramadan inshallah and make the most of it.

and no I did not shop, I usually shop a day or two days before Eid. I like to buy it the last minute.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

are u gonna dress like that on eid day?..mashallah. I usually see arab guys all dressed up and somali guys..well I can not generalize but for the most part baggy jeans with big tshirts....they must have missed it was eid day icon_razz.gif

salaam

Fabregas   

lol@aaliyah. ur so gullible. and why mashallah; you want to become the laughing stock of the entire UK. i though we were friends?

( yeah true most Somalis youthz take their mothers down to the local market n buy the most ghettoed out clothes- which i use 2 buy no so long ago. bUT more wear khamees on eid these dayz. Anyway, I don't think eid clothes is that much of a fuss, at least if you're past your teenage years. a clean white khamees will do fine )

indhoos; that be would cool for a wedding night no? imagine the bride as the farax enters with green suit? lol

Aaliyyah   

wearing khamees definitely is much better than baggy clothes that guys nowadays are accustomed to wearing.

and no am not gullible I think green suit would suit any somali dude. try it smile.gif

salaam