Sign in to follow this  
Viking

What next Ayan? - Well, I wanna be a neocon!

Castro   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

What most of you seem to be missing, the Muslim majority of you that is, is that
this woman is an enemy of Islam and an enemy of God.

If you are a true believer you would not even be making up excuses for her.
The simple fact is,
true believers
hate those who are against their Lord and are always ready to defend their faith. Now it's almost a problem for you to even say she deserves what she gets or that she is wrong. Nobody is talking of killing her here but even condemning her is suddenly hard.
I'm tired of apologetic Muslims and those believers who are always on the verge of doubt.
'Allah will defend his faith', what an excuse to hide behind!

Oh I see now. So the strength of one's faith is directly proportional to how hard (and how often) he or she condemns AHA (and in the process defends Islam).

Well pardon me for missing the theme of this party. :rolleyes:

P.S. I missed this part but exactly who made excuses for this woman?

Well said...lily

Wat is so annoying about Ayaan or the so called critics of Islam, none of them could actually point to one thing that they have done for the oppressed masses. Talking is cheap n dats all she does.

Jabkiida wax laga faa,idaayo ma jiro...Alla hasoo hanooniyo.

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by WaTerLily:

What most of you seem to be missing, the Muslim majority of you that is, is that
this woman is an enemy of Islam and an enemy of God.

If you are a true believer you would not even be making up excuses for her.
The simple fact is,
true believers
hate those who are against their Lord and are always ready to defend their faith. Now it's almost a problem for you to even say she deserves what she gets or that she is wrong. Nobody is talking of killing her here but even condemning her is suddenly hard.
I'm tired of apologetic Muslims and those believers who are always on the verge of doubt.
'Allah will defend his faith', what an excuse to hide behind!

Oh I see now. So the strength of one's faith is
directly proportional
to how hard (and how often) he or she condemns AHA (and in the process defends Islam).

Well pardon me for missing the theme of this party. :rolleyes:
Oh come on Castro,Dont pick and nit pick parts to strengthen your case.

She was obviously speaking about Ayan's case and that true believers shouldnt be sympathising with her[case].You know damn well shes not reffering to the general strength of ones imaan in relation to condemning the crazy dutch paliamentarian.

You have been always cool headed,i think baahi baa ku hayso...go eat something[i would prefer sh1t,but food will do] smile.gif

You know am Kiddin atheer[abt the xaar eating]...but go easy on the girl,you know what she meant :cool:

Khayr   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

What most of you seem to be missing, the Muslim majority of you that is, is that this woman is an enemy of Islam and an enemy of God.

If you are a true believer you would not even be making up excuses for her. The simple fact is, true believers hate those who are against their Lord and are always ready to defend their faith. Now it's almost a problem for you to even say she deserves what she gets or that she is wrong. Nobody is talking of killing her here but even condemning her is suddenly hard. I'm tired of apologetic Muslims and those believers who are always on the verge of doubt. 'Allah will defend his faith', what an excuse to hide behind!

MashaAllah, wells said! smile.gif

Castro   

^ Oh look what the cat dragged in.

Faaraxow I know what she meant and I don't care one bit for it. Her views are a dime a dozen, just like everyone else's.

Faaraxow I know what she meant and I don't care one bit for it. Her views are a dime a dozen, just like everyone else's.

Maashalah,Well said bro :D

Khayr   

Far away killings, embarrassment? Far away killings, embarrassment? Tough choices, eh, good Khayr?

Not really,

You are using the same metrics of measurements for the two issues. In physical distance, both might be far. However interms of impact on our lives, on our kids, on our families, on our self identity; one is closer then the other. Ayan's campaign can and has impacted on perceptions of somali and muslim people as a whole. She has magnified the sterotypes and gone out of her way to become a spokeperson in the name 'Slandering Islam and Muslims'. She has been on a smere campaign that has been well funded by the Dutch government. Her negative smere campaign has propagated negative sterotypes of muslims and somalis. Just take a look at the Dutch immigration policies along with the rest of the EU.

My family and yours are now looked at as FGMers and wife abusers First, then Humans or Somalis etc. How would you feel if at an interview or at work, they asked you if you did FGM to your daughter or if you slap your wife etc... because thats what they see on and hear on T.V., print media and internet. Ayan the Mulheeda is part of that driving force that propagates these views.

Do you think that she would have gotten the attention from the media had she been a mother who took care of her kids and aging parents?

Castro   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Ayan's campaign can and has impacted on perceptions of somali and muslim people as a whole. She has magnified the sterotypes and gone out of her way to become a spokeperson in the name 'Slandering Islam and Muslims'.

No one's ever disputed that, to my knowledge. In fact, that is a booming business she's in. Her and many others are enriching themselves off of slandering Islam. She's just one of us, is that it? Her being Somali is what endows her with the special, extra tender loving care? Does the fact that she's a native Laas Caanood girl give her any more vileness, say, than the Sultan lady in California? Why is she making many of us have extra foam at the mouth? Anyone wondering about this?

She has been on a smere campaign that has been well funded by the Dutch government. Her negative smere campaign has propagated negative sterotypes of muslims and somalis. Just take a look at the Dutch immigration policies along with the rest of the EU.

So she was used by the Dutch and now she's being discarded? I thought she was to blame for all of this and not anyone else?

My family and yours are now looked at as FGMers and wife abusers First, then Humans or Somalis etc. How would you feel if at an interview or at work, they asked you if you did FGM to your daughter or if you slap your wife etc... because thats what they see on and hear on T.V., print media and internet. Ayan the Mulheeda is part of that driving force that propagates these views.

I don't know about you but Hirsi Ali had zilch effect on my life or my family's. The perpetual war in Somalia had more effect. FGM was not made up by her nor is wife beating a rare occurence in Somalia. Are you saying she's exploiting it? Well duh?

You think I'm coming to her defence? That's your view. I care for her even less than you do. What am I doing in this wretched thread? Just trying to cut down on the bullshit xanaa manaa flying around here.

Please, do continue without me.

Do you think that she would have gotten the attention from the media had she been a mother who took care of her kids and aging parents?

Would she have gotten your attention? :rolleyes:

Bismillahiraxmanirahim

If anyone knows how to contact mrs Hersi, please ask her what she has done or is doing for her fellow somali people? Or better what has she actually done for muslim women? She talks of democracy, but who elected her as an ambassador for muslim women?She talks of muslims persecuting people, then why is she is persecuting me? According to her I am a terrorist, women abusing, lunatic who hates the country he resides in!I would like to tak this moment to also spare a little moment for our blessed somali muslim women. Those who came to the west , raised chiLdren on their own due to absent fathers. Those who tried to educate their children about islam. Made wonderful food for us, yet found a way to collect their children from school and did the shoppinf with no car.Our women who despite living in the free land. Still chose to be outasts who wore their hijab and niqab with pride.Our young sisters who also chose to be different from the rest of the society. Those who study day and night, work and chose islam as a way of conducting themselves.Sisters who cared so much about their religion they left their universities because they werent allowed to dress modestly.If islam is oppressive then why are so many of our young brothers and sisters flocking to it? Thanks to people like Ayan spreading lies and calculated propoganda about our religion. The whole of europe is looking at muslims as the enemy. I am not saying that muslims around the world are perfect. far from it. As somali muslims we aslo need to assess our selves very carefully. Why do we get upset more about Ayan Hersi? When muslims blow themselves in front of women and children blowing themselves to pieces.Then qouting from the quran as thier reason. Remember the cartoon protests? Forty muslims where killed due to the actions of other muslims. Ayan Hersi is soon to release her new film. In which she claims homosexuals will ask God questions. What will the muslims do then? Burn the somali flag or maybe protest at the dutch embassy!Let us not get carried away with this women. Our brothers and sisters a this very moment our starving to death. Some are being killed and fleeing from their homes. Even our homeland their are people when they speak do nothing but curse our beloved prophet, everytime they get into an argument. Yet i have never seen anyone correcting them or denouncing them for using the prophets name as an insult.In many cities in the west our men have left their families, for the marfish.Brothers selling crack cocaine. Brothers being stabbed or shot simply because they happen to be somali. Our communities are a joke, they organise themselves on the basis of qabil. We seem to have the answers for Ayan Hersi live. Yet when we hear a calamity has befallen one of our brothers and sisters. Some of us ask what qabil they belong to.We should be more concerned about our daughters and sisters, whom Mrs Hersi wants to be as free as possible. Indeed we have tasted this freedom that she craves and witnessed the consquences it can bring. Many of us where lost in the west. We where where free as ever. What have we done with this freedom? The greatest freedom is islam and ALLAH swt wil liberate this. But my brothers and sisters we need to get our priorities straight. Compare ayan hersi to all our beloved muslims who are suffering at this moment. Those who despite the greatest pressures have never thought about leaving islam for a second. Those who cling to their religion like it is a matter of death.Look around the world you see China, Russia and India all booming. The muslims nations are lagging behind. 80% of the worlds refugees are muslims. It is not because they are being opressed. It is becuae we have left our duty. When islam came to us we realised our duty and became the greatest nation in this earth. It is time to evaluate our households and streets. How many potential Ayans are there. Have we conveyed the message of islam to those we see as doing wrong? Prophet Muhammad saw never insulted no one. Nor did any other prophet. They used their intellectual ability and the quran and sunnah to answer thier critics. Yet every somali forum i go to, all i hear is "kill her" or "behead her". I did not mean to lecture here, but brothers and sisters look around at our nation. Maybe ALLAH swt is using AYAN Hersi as a test and sign for us. Maybe ALLAH is showing us how low the somali people have gone?

^^ Simple Nomad, you have the contact you need. smile.gif

What do I mean? Well, when Ayan googles herself, guess what comes up on the top ten?! The great SOL. Now don't tell me she has never heard of google, or has never googled herself.

Voice your opinion. Say it loud. Keep it civil! Ayan is reading.

Jacpher   

Castro, sxb kirishtaalahaa maxaa ka khaldan? Does it need a replacement?

You referred to a similar discussion as a lynching party the other day? Are you that desperate to reduce/silent the nomads interested in the topic? Whatever the outcome might be, Ayan remains to be Somali girl and won't be the last person to badmouth and call the prophet scw names. I don't really care about the lying part of the documentary but what I don't approve of is supporting & setting a policy that abandons and hurts the needy refugees who have more rights than her. I could be wrong but was she really a refugee or a run away bride [to be]at the expense of her husband [to be]? Was she not on her way to Canada and join him but decided to ditch him? Why betray the guy.

Is she getting kicked out because the Dutch felt it’s too expensive to continue supporting her? Didn't she admit lying about her asylum back in 2002? Why now? It appears as if history is repeating itself. She has been used and used but now it’s time to abuse her?

Ayan & the rest of gaalo raacyo raxmada Alle wili wey furan tahay. Alle ha noo hanuuniyo.

I'm a bit puzzled by gleeful delight in the apparent Ayan Hirsi demise/downfall. She's provided great service to SOmalis... as perfect distraction, get-away-from-real-problems target. An oppurtunity to shift our eyes away from more demanding, eminent, close to home problems. Some of the problems facing Somalis and muslims in general are so daunting, dispiriting, overwhelming that we're forced to invent phoney, diversionary foes and escape concerns. Foes that in better times would be dismissed as two-bit iconoclasts, contrarians, agent provocateurs, rabble-rousers and what not. This is the only reasonable explanation for the mystifying overblown, hysterical reaction to Ayan Hirsi's profonation of Islam. Otherwise, the reaction to Ayan's slander of Islam would lend one to derive the view that -- to Somalis -- importance of the galore of social troubles extant are trumped by Ayan's incendiary remarks. WHich is ludicrous on its face, obviously untrue and doesn't even need debating about.

Feeling the victim of vast conpiracy, spearheaded by Ayan Hirsi and such alike is tonic, cat*****c, a power boost to the beaten and bruised self confidence. Victimhood comes with the feel good factor, we all love to indulge sometimes and is exercised by all people. But it doesn't change reality. It doesn't remedy existing social malaises, feed starvelings, enlighten the benighted, end despotism, nepotism and internecine warring, nor cure the ill... it only gives us the chance to ignore hot and screaming problems.

So let there be no illusions as to the true cause of this whole Ayan Hirsi tumultuous hoopla. ESCAPISM.