Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why are Somalis racist against a particular tribe?

Hunguri   

To be honest, it should have been in (Madhibaan) title. However, I dont think Modesty have lots of information of what is going back home. And, she may not even know the term (Madhibaan). She has expressed her thoughts in a brave way, and Somalis need to be bold to address this issue to remove this venom and hatred towards the Madhibaans. Nevertheles, MOD dont do their jobs and they neglect their duties. They should take the blame for they are the ones responsible to correct the members.

Why baa Gaal Madaw oo aan innaba caadi ahayn loo guursadaa, oo Somalidu ugu faraxdaa. Ama ku Caddaan ah oo racist ah loo guursadaa oo loogu sacab tumaa. Meesha nin Somali ah, oo kula dhashay kula dagaalamay kuu dhintay kuna garab taagan loo cunsurinayo. Wallaahi, waa arrin la yaableh. Dadka Somalida ugu cunsurisana waa( The north ) let us say the British colony area!

This not only in somalia but all muslim countries there is an execessive package and bad culutre comes to it.

Islam has nothing to do with that. al naasu ka asnaan al misdhd, people are like combing teeth all same length and breadth, but its the taqwaa which makes the difference. kulakum min aadam wa adaamu min turaab - you re all from adam and adam is from the dust. I got a job to do. bye

Nehanda   

Are the Madhibaan tribe referred to or known by that M title universally by Somalis? If so is there a particular reason behind it?

We all have a certain degree of prejudice, it just that some people take it to the next level.

If it is any consolation, I have been called M by some ****** faraxs just because I refuted their advances. Hence I am assuming that M word is not exclusive to the Madhibaan tribe.

Ibtisam   

^^^^I always thought it was slang for stingy or tight, I clocked on recently that it is an insulting thing based on some hear say about their forefathers or something.

Jacpher   

^You mean Max'ed Dheere - the butcher of Moqdisho? Indeed he's the real midgaan, boon, yibir, uraago, etc.

On a serious note. This issue ain't going nowhere so long it remains a taboo in nomad culture. I've asked friend awhile ago if he'd consider a getting lucky with a girl of this clan. He said though he would not mind facing the ultimate decision of his family, specially the waalid disowning him, he's not ready to have his future owlaad endure such painful life for how long? Is it worth? He argued. Is it fair for innocent children to take such level of abuse? Would you?

Put yourself in their shoes. Well.....some of us are already walking in those shoes and holding their heads up high. Would you sacrifice your life and that of your children?

Khalaf   

lol Jim u joking right? Walaa i learn so much shhh here on SOL...i thought families was about their daughters u know for the name sake.....why would dude care about girl's last name. :confused:

This dhaqan is kufri/jahiliya culture for one simple as that. And is in dhaqan in entire Muslim world, i have Karchi friends who cant marry Panjabi peeps ect....

mida kale the world is about power/position/money....the reason ppl are abused in somalia or else where by others is because they are physically/econimically weaker (less in number or less economic power) nothing more nothing less.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

[QB] On a serious note. This issue ain't going nowhere so long it remains a taboo in nomad culture. I've asked friend awhile ago if he'd consider a getting lucky with a girl of this clan. He said though he would not mind facing the ultimate decision of his family, specially the waalid disowning him, he's not ready to have his future owlaad endure such painful life for how long? Is it worth? He argued. Is it fair for innocent children to take such level of abuse? Would you?

I've always thought family acceptance was a bit overrated. We all have to grow up, you can't please everyone so you have to please yourself! As long as the two people involved are compatible and can accept what differences there actually are between them, they should go for it.

Put yourself in their shoes. Well.....some of us are already walking in those shoes and holding their heads up high. Would you sacrifice your life and that of your children?

NO, if I lived in Somalia where children that are product of this clan will be stigmatized for life. Laakin inta, labo koob uma kabadeen.

Khalaf I did not understand any of what u wrote about my english. if its bad, it is not my mother tongue ok. so cut it out.2. it is not ceeb to ask ma i guursanaysaa and i was talking to KK, not you or any man out there.

I think the poster wanted to gain some insights but many of u are so negative. If you cant endure some harrasment from family or freinds, how can make any positive change. xaajo aan salkeeda la faydin ma fiyoobaato.

whoever is Madhibaan should just ignore this hatred towards them. Somali community are ignorant and will be ignorant for many many years to come. Wax ay dheeryihiine ma leh, umada aduunka saaran bay ugu liitaan.

Zafir   

Finally! It took you long anough though. Just so you know, if I was your employer, you would have been in the crap shoot long time ago. :D

Nothing that’s written on those pages will change the Somali mentality or perceptions of these tribes in question, so spare us the hot air please.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

I've asked friend awhile ago if he'd consider a getting lucky with a girl of this clan. He said though he would not mind facing the ultimate decision of his family, specially the waalid disowning him, he's not ready to have his future owlaad endure such painful life for how long? Is it worth? He argued. Is it fair for innocent children to take such level of abuse? Would you?

I believe this is along the lines of what've posted then deleted last night, noo? Though it might offend some, one is entitled to his/her opinion...

No doubt they are some of the most beautiful, educated (at least the ones I've seen here) people in Somalida...Wax ee qabiilada kale uga baahan yihiin aa iska yar...But what's even the saddest is when I see some oo qabiilkale sheeganaayo...

I am in no means trying to offend anyone...And if at any point someone feels offended, I apologise... :D