Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why are Somalis racist against a particular tribe?

NASSIR   

It is hard to explain and understand. I think Somalis are not racist toward one section of their people but some mysterious ancient belief system holds us backward and disoriented. Just like we resist the evolution of time, we resist also many other dimensions that affect our lives and the world we live in.

Thanks for openly asking this question. It is an important social issue and must be seriously debated.

Khalaf   

There is nothing hard to explain about it. I read a book to learn about somalia actually taught me most i know :D ....cant remember the name but written by some white dude goes back way back in history, and it talked about how ppl yibir/cant remember other names used are treated in somalia.... its like the indian caste system basically.

As for why. Hmm Well ukhti, Its like asking why are ppl racist in general? Why do some ppl kill? Not really a smart question no offense of course. All that is important is adiga, urself don't be racist against other human-beings and be hateful person, u can't control others and its their business walal but u can control ur own heart and ur own mind ya dig.

Cara.   

Why don't you change the title?

I don't understand the weird rules on SOL. How is it qabiil names which can be used neutrally in a discussion automatically get censored but a clearly insulting term flies under the radar?

we all humans, muslims so that answers it. no need to be a jaahil nowadays.

my best friend was from that tribe (i was told)...but it never crossed my mind. he works in uae nowadays.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Cara:

Why don't you change the title?

I don't understand the weird rules on SOL. How is it qabiil names which can be used neutrally in a discussion automatically get censored but a clearly insulting term flies under the radar?

Tsk. Tsk, silly. Have you not been paying attention? These ones don't count. They're midgaans ;)

Baluug   

Bad choice of title for this topic. Just imagine how you would react if I started a topic entitled "Why are white people racist against n*****s?"

Their name is Madhibaan, isn't it? You should use that instead.

Emperor   

Cadaan I tell you rule, I must say you know Somali culture and its pepple more than most in this forum.... LOOL

This topic have had its fair share in the Somali discussion platform, nothing fruiticious thus from it, I think only the said people can turn the clock back and make a change... one can never get aid to be lifted up unless they strive to do so and take the leading role... thou I believe that this racism is unfair, based on unsubstantiated ancient believes, hear say iyo waxas bay ahaan jireen, no concrete evidence to suggest that they were inferior than the rest.... Markaa iyaga unbaa wax ka qaban kara

Blessed   

They're a minority clan which is why they are picked on so much. You can change things by refusing to listen to and acting on the negative arrogance.