Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Free Weekly Islamic Circles by Tayyibun Institute, East London!

Malika   

^Ibti hunno,they offer some fantastic course on weekends too[i have since joined their mailing list]...just email them,they will add you on their mailing list,so you will be receiving information of new events and course.. smile.gif

The more reason,for wanting to move to London,if only I can get past leaving the beautiful country side views and quietness..

Ibtisam   

^^^Unless they are better then last year, I won't hold my breath. We'll see inshallah, it is still early summer.

P.s. I told you to move to london long time ago! if nothing else, cheap hala food and lots of Muslims

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

WHY are all the sisters sessions in the morning?? ereeg, I hate this bias, that since women are always at home you can do lessons in the middle of the day,

There are a number of reasons why Ukthee:

1. The teachers able to commit their time to teach for free masha'allaah are available during these times for the duration of period until these subjects are completed.

2. The Tayyibun Tarbiyyah Centre venue hours of availibity are for these time periods- other hours are booked for classes and activities.

3. Concerns for safety of our sisters in Islaam, none wants their own sister let alone any ones else's to have to go out in the dark in London to and fro when an alternative means can be provided, masha'allaah these brothers care and have been thoughtful so as to enable learning for Muslimaat in a safe sound environment at a time that most parents/ guardians/ mahrams would not object to.

We should thank Allaah azza wa jall that he has provided us these means and that Tayyibun Institute has facilitated this for the benefit of the community for no profit whatsoever.

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

they did this last year as well.
redface.gif:(
[/QB]

They couldn't possibly have done this last year for:

1. Last year there was no Tayyibun Tarabiyyah Centre to begin with- there was just the Tayyibun Institute. The Tarabiyyah Centre has been acquired this year recently by the brothers to benefit the local community masha'allaah.

2. These free weekly Islamic circles, Halaqahs, and Gatherings have been introduced newly by Tayyibun Institute as of 12th of May of this year. No such free Halaqah, Circle, or Gathering by the Institute existed or was provided previously at all by them- this is actually an initiative they promised to launch at their Tayyibun Institute annual Conference held on the 24th of March of this year (see the bottom of the initial post)

I think you are mistaken and muddled up with Tayyibun Institute and some other perhaps? Masha'allaah Tayyibun Institute does a lot of good- and since this is the first year of these free circles, gatherings, and halaqahs it could never have been possible at all that anyone raised with them concerns as to timing, therefore if now you have suggestions please contact them and let them know insha'allaah.

Jezak'allaah.

^self-appointed rep. or a chosen one? Just got a couple of questions and since you've dived in just for this thread, I have a feeling you have the answers...

..there's such a thing as demand and supply surely? I wanted to do one of the paying courses in the evening but they all seemed to start at 5:30 which is too early for anyone not working in Tower Hamlets(assuming even they can leave their desk at 5). I'm sure students will benefit from it as they have a more flexible schedule.

Having said that, I also see private tuition been encouraged for those like me with full time commitments. One-to-one or group tuition in a venue of choice. Sounded good so far. My assumption was that this would cost more and to ascertain whether I would spend that kind of money, I clicked on the private tuition fee link and this is what I saw:

At Tayyibun Institute we do not wish to restrict anyone from learning knowledge therefore we have not placed any fixed fees for the private tuition fees and await to meet an agreement after assessing the clients situation.

I understand the location of venue and size of group(if not one-to-one) would all have a bearing but it would have been more beneficial to see a basic rate for one-to-one and one for group with a caveat that the rates were for guidance. A little more transparency would be good. I would know whether to take further or not. The intention to cater to individual circumstance can't overshadow easy access to information. It's another hoop I have to jump through.

The private tuition option would probably cost more and as it is more likely to be sought by the fully commited(work or otherwise) woman, I think it could be seen as discrimination rather than the extra treat it's touted to be. In fact, the women are encouraged to take this route as the private tuition leaflet states:

private tuition leaflet

..in particular for our sisters certain difficulties are faced as the environment in society at large, in public places, and even amongst Muslims today are not ideal for going on the path of knowledge whilst trying to retain their modesty

I don't particularly want to pay, quite literally this time for what the environment in society(men presumably) get up to. I do enough of that unwillingly already. In an effort to make it easier, another obstacle is put in the woman's way- pay more to seek knowledge. Can they hike up the price of the basic courses that the men attend at 6pm to pay for the private tuition women are having to consider? Following on from the leaflet's logic, I say some balance would be restored.

Also, are the evening courses for the women going to disappear for the winter? Will there be more classes at the weekends to compensate, more private tuition?

If you don't really know what's what with Tayyibun(your zeal lead me to communicate with you and assume you're linked to them in some official capacity) please ignore me and I'll copy some of the above and pop into an email for Tayyibun.

BTW, I know a couple of people studying there and the feedback from the course is good. I am interested too or I wouldn't really bother with feedback. ;) Oh, and welcome to the site if you're not one of the oldies wearing another kofiya. :D

I'm too cynical or have been around too many American Evangelicals with mega Churches, I'm always suspicious of 'non-profit' religious organization with just doting affection for their respective religion.

^I don't know what the exact figures, but you would run into one almost every corner. There are however close six thousand Somalis in and around Boston. Those numbers are growing and it's more common to see now Somali women donning Jalbaab around Boston. There are couple of Islamic that are in competition with each other but they offer services to the communities(They are divided along ethnic line South Asian vs North African Arabs with Somali siding with the Arabs). I can't honestly tell they offer though. These are either extreme or accommadating in their views and their interpretions of the religion. You either burn in hell fire as some preachers love to only rant about or Islam is no diffirent from any other Abrahamic religion.

Regardless, there's healthy community that's thriving and enough resources shall one take the endevour of discovering Islam. There are also Islamic School that offers K-12 classes and is certified by the state. And we are finally about to finish the biggest Islamic center in New England after yrs of resistance from the Jewish organizations and lack of funds resulting from cutback on Saudi money that's flowing into Islamic centers around the country. The community couldn't just master enough money to finish the project. I'm hoping it will be fully operational this year.

Baashi   

Norf, if you are into Islamic financing Boston is the place to be. Annual conference for the subject is held there -- in the Harvard. Every year the school publishes a thick paperback volume of Islmaic studies lectures, research, findings, white papers. I don't remember the place but there is also Masjid managed by Indian/Pakistanis. One thing I like it about that particular Masjid is the puplished literature (magazines, weekly gazette, neighborhood newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, etc) shelfed at the enterance for the taking. Nice place to raise a kid.

^I think you might be talking about the Islamic center in Sharon and Quincy web page

P.S. Couple of friends in Mutual Funds went to the Harvard lectures. It was really interesting.

Baashi...Do you do marketing? Just wondering.

-Lily-   

Ibti, come to my ends. I hear there is always something going on for Ladies, on weekends, mainly Sunday afternoons & Thursday evenings.

I'm curious as to what exactly is thought at these centres?

Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullah,

TAYYIBUN INSTITUTE

Three Months Structured Courses (January - April 2009)

Arabic Language, First Step to Qur'an, Tajweed, Hifdh ul Qur'an, Fiqh, Aqeedah and Islamic History studies

Quality authentic knowledge taught in a segregated halal safe environment by qualified teachers at affordable fees

tayyibunjanapr09je9.jpg

COURSES ON OFFER

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------

- Arabic Language (Levels 1 to 3)

- Spoken Arabic (Part 1 & 2)

- First Step to Qur'an (Beginners)

- Tajweed ul Qur'an (Levels 1 to 2 Advanced/ 3 Tarteel)

- Hifdh ul Qur'an: Juzz 'Amma/ Tabarak (Memorisation)

- Aqeedah: Fundamentals of Faith

- Aqeedah: Kitab at-Tawhid

- Fiqh al Hadith: 'Umdatul Ahkaam

- Fiqh Pertaining to Women

- History: The Evolution of Fiqh

- Book of Heart Softeners: Kitaab ar-Riqaaq

TEACHERS FOR THE COURSES

All our course instructors have experience from across the Middle East and the UK for teaching Arabic language, Qur'an and Islamic studies to English speaking students, some of our teachers include:

- Ustadh Wasim Kempson – MADINAH

- Ustadh Ismail Ibrahim – MADINAH

- Ustadh Abu Hasnayn Murtaza Khan – ISLAMABAD

- Ustadh Abdul 'Aleem Alomgir – EGYPT

- Ustadh Abu Anees – MADINAH

- Ustadh Dr. Khalid Fikri – EGYPT

- Ustadha Umm A'isha - EGYPT

- Ustadha Umm Omar al Farouq - JEDDAH

- Ustadha Umm Fatimah - JEDDAH

- Ustadha Nadia al Azhari - EGYPT

- Ustadha Umm Talha - UK/ EGYPT

- Ustadha Umm 'Abdullah - UK

- Ustadha Umm Yusuf - INDONESIA

REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES

To enrol and confirm a seat for your chosen course/s all students must attend to register with their fees on one of the following dates insha'allah:

Registration times:

FEMALE ONLY : 10am- 4pm (on any of the chosen dates below)

MALE ONLY : 5pm- 10pm (on any of the chosen dates below)

Saturday 17th January 2009

Sunday 18th January 2009

Monday 19th January 2009

Friday 23rd January 2009

Saturday 24th January 2009

Sunday 25th January 2009

*ALL REGISTRATION FOR THESE COURSES WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE HEAD OFFICE: TAYYIBUN INSTITUTE, 32 NEW ROAD (OFF WHITECHAPEL ROAD), LONDON E1 2AX.

NEAREST TRANSPORT :

TUBE: WHITECHAPEL

BUS: D3, 15, 25, 106, 115, 205, 254

*ALL CLASSES START FROM THE WEEK BEGINNING 26TH JANUARY 2009.

CONTACT DETAILS

For full outline on all courses, further details on teachers/ fees/ timetable or other details please visit our website: www.tayyibun.com

Telephone : 0207 702 7254

Mobile : 07949 713 902

E-mail : info@tayyibun.com

Wasalaamu Alaikum,

Tayyibun Institute

www.tayyibun.com

For the Teachings of Qur'an and Sunnah

*We maintain 100% full segregation systems between the two genders making Tayyibun Institute a safe and comfortable place to study for all.

*Tayyibun Institute is a non-partisan organisation, we are not affiliated with any groups, Islamic organisations or Mosques. We welcome all students of knowledge.

*Limited places available- do register on the early registration dates to avoid disappointments as our courses are always in high demand Al Hamdulillah.

*Certificates provided upon successful completion of a course.