Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

S M: Short and Male

Delilah   

Hello Everyone

I never realized the importance of height- both in men and women. I am relatively tall so the thought of ‘being too short’ never crossed my mind. But what seems like a gigantically small non-issue is actually not.

My friend is currently seeing someone. I don’t necessarily see anything wrong with the guy. I mean he’s decent looking, his life is set, and he has his deen on check. So, what’s up you ask, eh? Well the guy just so happens to be shorter than her. That seems to be the only thing on her mind.

I was recently watching this documentary S & M: Short and Male and they were taking about how short males are treated like second-hand citizens having to fight for everything: women, respect, and jobs. In the beginning of the film, we learn that 99% of sperm banks will only accept donors who are at least 5’11 and in China height is actually a criterion for most jobs (and I’m not just talking about modelling).

I look at the media particularly Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise and wonder how she is able to be with a guy who is shorter than her. I mean the chick actually needs to bend down to give him a decent hug. Isn’t that just a little too weird?

So are short men really discriminated against? Would you go for a dude that was shorter than you? Or if you’re a male would you go for a chick that was taller than you?

Miriam1   

looool I was watching that documentary with my brother, and every now and then..you would hear him say "alhamdulilallah" under his breath. I am sure he was thanking Allah for being 5'11 and still growing!

Ofcourse short men get discriminated against...the example of China is one...its honestly hard to take a 5'4 man seriously.

Lakin if the guy is equal to Tom Cruise in looks and ambition...who cares! worth giving up high heels ...for such a pretty face and a comfortable life.

the silly questions people ask on this forum! Be that as it may, i do know some Somalis with serious height issues, and they are actually tall, at least 6 foot tall yet always talking about height. The People who obsess just vain. The Average Height in the us is about 5' 9 for males and 5' 4 for females. Chances are if a man has issues about how tall his girl is, believe me there are shorter girls out there.

Nephissa   

Say nay to a man shorter than you [unless his wallet stands taller than him], thinner than you, or prettier than you. Go for a tall, manly man who can toss you over his shoulder. ;)

Lakin if the guy is equal to Tom Cruise in looks and ambition...who cares! worth giving up high heels ...for such a pretty face and a comfortable life.

:D:D

So lacag ayaa dheereyso dadka miyaa?

Somehow there is some subtle other ways gabdhaha u rabin so-called short men. Meel kale ayee wax ka fiiriyaan, thinking if he is short in overall in his physical attributes, he might as well be short in that thang of his, which was and is scientifically proven to be wrong and wrong and wrong in numerous times.

And no, I am not short, lest some of you think, not that anything wrong with gaaboow men.

Tuujiye   

Aloo yaa qurux kusiiiiiiiiiiyooooooooooo aa la dhahay, kaalaya war heedhaha, naagba naagta ee ka foolxuntahay meexee ninka kaga fiirisaa lacagta uu heysto? abid kee ma arkin gabar qurux badan oo lacag iyo waxaas ka hadasha laakiin bajaq bajaqda ee ka qolof qaab darantahay iyo lacag tartan ayee iskula jiraan......JAW or should I say yaabka yaabkiis or

Wareer Badanaa!!!

I mean the chick actually needs to bend down to give him a decent hug. Isn’t that just a little too weird?

:D:D ,,, i think that is the most romantic thing ,,,

Buuxo   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Say nay to a man shorter than you [unless his wallet stands taller than him], thinner than you, or prettier than you. Go for a tall, manly man who can toss you over his shoulder.
;)

:D:D Ameen! dabar xanuun iyo goobo maan kabixi karaa.Faraax dheer ilaahayo hanoo wayin!

Ms DD   

Apparently the jazz guy above is labeeb.

Anyhow I am 5ft 8 without heels and when i see a short guy I feel like mothering him. Getting together with a short man is a no no.

MS DD Posted: Getting together with a short man is a no no.

Man and a waman are horizontally same height. I actuaaly know this girl who loves short guys. she said Xabadkey gaaga dhagi.

Ms DD   

I am not down on my vertically challenged brothers. Far from it my dears. why..most rich, charming blokes i have met in my life were short. It is just that they are good for short girls. They will be cute together instead of being called the giant and the gent.

Ducaysane..I was wondering when someone might point out the obvious, and right on cue bro.