Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

I'm starting to worry about Obama

Peacenow   

I'm starting to really worry about Obama. I fear he may be a disaster waiting to unload.

I'm increasingly believing that he may be completely out of his depth in this role.

I fear that his ego and mania maybe to big for this job. Has he got the 'I'm great therefore I must be loved' disease. I fear so.

He has spoken to rallies in Prague, Berlin, Cairo. Preaching world peace and love. But I fear this maybe the act of someone naive and not understanding of the dangerous and complex world.

If he simply wants to be loved, then who will fear him?

If he is not feared, where will his influence come from?

If he has no influence, then what will he achieve?

His plan to get government funded health care is in serious trouble in Congress. Remember how it would be passed by the August recess, then Labor Day?

His energy tax is in trouble. He's made no progress on Iran or North Korea. He's made no progress on peace in the Middle East. His stimulus plan's success is limited at best, and of highly dubious long term effectiveness. All the Secretary of the Treasury can say is that things were worse a year ago, worse when he took office.

The cash for clunkers program that ended seems to have confirmed its worst critics complaint about it, it merely accelerated purchases that would have happened anyway.

He hasn't pulled out of Iraq, his own General says he's in grave jeopardy of losing in Afghanistan, he gets only lip service from America's fair weather allies in NATO, he's been snubbed by the Russians, by the Venezuelans, by Iran, can't close GITMO as promised because he has no place to put the prisoners (exactly what Bush said) and now he goes to Denmark to get the Olympic games for Chicago and loses that too.

abusedmulsimwomenq.jpg

Tuujiye   

Obama has lots of right wing republicans that want to see him fail. I think he is doing well for a president that has so many negative people in his government. Obama is not only governing a country that is failing demesticly, but also a country that was not ready to have a black man as comander and cheef. He is doing a great job for someone who is a leader for a divided country....

Paragon   

The man is just human, only too human. And even considerate and reasoning humans must in their lives hear the word 'NO' to stay fully human. If he were to be given all then he'll be a man feared, but most unfortunately, hated and despised. Like Dubya. This time there was a more deserving city than Chicago that was just to give the bid to: Rio. It's simply world justice on its wheels - and Obama has played a crucial role in making sure there is 'justice' in the world. We should be proud of him in that context first before we judge him on this issue.

And yes, Mr. Somalia, you are right. There are more urgent world injustices and wrongs that need priority than this bid.

The Zack   

Democrats just seem not to be doing much at all even though they control both the Legislative and Executive branches of the government. They have not been able to pass a single major bill yet. Their promises seem to lack substance but we will see. Obama is still being tested.

P.s. You fellas from other countries seem to know too much about this country.

Paragon   

Originally posted by The Zack:

P.s. You fellas from other countries seem to know too much about this country.

Obama made us take interest in US politics. Before him, we simply didn't waste a minute on it. Thanks to Obama. :D

FatB   

"You fellas from other countries seem to know too much about this country"

nah, were just smarter!