Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Turkish movie depicts Americans as savages

Jacpher   

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) -- In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine-gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison -- where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

Source: CNN

Castro   

Let us see how Americans react when they are the villains in a movie. They've demonized everyone else for decades but now the shoe is on the other foot. It'll be fun to watch. And the reactions to it will be even more fun.

Jacpher   

Don't forget Turkey is Nato member so the reaction won't be same had Pakistan or Iran made the movie. Turkey enjoys far better relationship with the US than any other country in that part of the world.

"There isn't going to be a war over this," said Nefise Karatay, a Turkish model lounging on a sofa after the premiere. "Everyone knows that Americans have a good side. That's not what this is about."

Loooooooooool. I swear I olmost fell from my chair. Smart chic, eh? She is mocking the U.S. ofcourse, discreetly. "No need to shake the lion from his nap." Lol she knows that we are capable of something that moronic, like go to a war over a movie.

------------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

J.Lee   

So let me get this straight:

It's okay to applaud with glee when a predominately Muslim country makes a movie depicting Americans as terrorists and savages but when the same is done to us, we jump with the ready excuse that we are being portrayed in a negative light?!!!

Interesting

Jimca Lee, its like being caught between a rock and a hard place with these things.

I guess this is what NGONGE calls duplicity. Sitting on the fence gleefully when it doesnt concern you and foaming at the mouth when it does.

Alot of people need to buy commonsense and human decency.

It's okay to applaud with glee when a predominately Muslim country makes a movie depicting Americans as terrorists and savages

They arent? Hollywood and its likes are light years ahead of the muslim world when it comes to movies depicting terrorists, east vs west theme, yada yada----so give them a break and let them enjoy it.

:rolleyes:

J.Lee   

First. maandhay, sidii xaas lagu la qabo ha ii haruufin. Mida labaad, ma anaa u diidey?

They aren't :confused: Walee Su'aashaada jawaab maba istaahisho much less the attention I'm giving it.

Talk about knowingly planting the seeds of hypocrisy in your heart.

Viking   

Originally posted by Jimca Lee:

So let me get this straight:

It's okay to applaud with glee when a predominately Muslim country makes a movie depicting Americans as terrorists and savages but when the same is done to us, we jump with the ready excuse that we are being portrayed in a negative light?!!!

Interesting

Many of us who grew with up watching the Vietnam war movies always believed that the Vietnamese people were the bad guys who were to be killed. The unforgettable scence from MIA where Chuck Norris emerges from underneath the water and sprays bullets on unsuspecting Vietcongs made us all happy. The same applied to the Soviet Union during the cold war, every villain had a Russian accent and the Americans were the good guys. Well, you shouldn't believe everything you see on the screen.

Talk about knowingly planting the seeds of hypocrisy in your heart.

And what's that supposed to mean? I have alot of powers thats for sure, but reading minds aint included!