Sign in to follow this  
Ducaysane

How was your night?

Aaliyyah   

lol maxaad il gaar ah igu fiirisa Juxa. Inshallah I hope that we all do well. Qofna isku haleen ma leh. Somali waxey ku maahmaahda qofwalba sacabadiss ayuu biyo kaga dharga.

Most often, money is an excuse though with the cheaper schools abroad, state support etc...its more the will that lacks (and how hard is memorisation and applied biology versus abstract maths, physics etc?).

Anyway, there are better ways to make money or help others if that is what you want (simple water wells or simpler drilling will save far more lives so do fundraising, fighting for new laws or against corruption, not to mention other options);

I think medical school is chosen more for prestige or safety etc instead of interest in parts of clinical science/research for which it is the one of the best choice with public health, nursing or radiology etc (Somalis think DR are special or extra knowledgeable).

Still, it's interesting to study and probably exciting as for some accounting or even law would sound like torture.

Now it's China where everyone seem to go for medical school but the Ulamas say find an Islamic country (mixity, scandals etc).

Aaliyyah   

Chinese medical schools are good alternative. They are cheap and from what I heard decent. But, there is that disadvantage that if you wanted to work in the states or Canada or even in the UK. There are other systems in place where you have to again adjust to and probably do more examinations..but you know at least you won't have the same debt as the person who chose to study medicine in the states or here. So it has its benefits and disadvantages. At the end of the day it is not about where you studied, if you work hard you will make it. But, only do that as the last alternative. Try to pursue medicine in the country you reside in that way you won't have difficulty finding residency.

It would not make sense to practice in the West with taxes, stress etc;

relations back from Cuba, Africa or Tunisia I know are quite satisfied in Djibouti despite offers and their quality of training (equivalent to French standards);

the Gulf pay most for healthcare workers though.

Aaliyyah   

You are right abt the tax all the stress and the heavy debt. But I believe doctors get paid the most in the west so many choose to practice here despite all that. However if one chooses to live back home he/she might not get paid a lot but compared to the cheap living standard they should lead a rather nice life. And then again money isnt a factor for some and they rather help their ppl back home.

nuune   

Would you go back home Aaliyah, when the times arrives, or you will go to your second home, Russia, I hope you didn't forget the Russian language, I haven't even after not speaking it for a whole 30 years.