Sign in to follow this  
Oromali

are you cushitic or arab?

Oromali   

somalis usually like arabs because of religion (even when arabs teach us to kill e/o and suicide bomb eachother)

anyway, do you see urself more cushitic or arab?

Fabregas   

There is no such thing as an African in the true sense of the word. Leo Africanus,a white roman, conquered North Africa, so the entire peninsual was named after him just like Gibraltar was named after Al Mujahid Tarik Ibn Zayid. Cushitic is even a more despicable word as it originates in the colonialists attempt to put the non European people into a racial heirachy, in this order: semetic(amhara), cushitic(somalis and oromo), hamitic(nilotic and bantu). SOme Christians and Jews supposedly believed Cush, the son of Noah, was cursed for eternity with black skin for seeing his father naked( wali'yadubillah). So we free ourselves from such a racist name, and we say we are only: Muslim Somali Tribes . ;)

Aaliyyah   

alhmadulilah we have both African and Arab origins. I mean you see how beautiful Somali gene is, not to sound conceited or anything LOL..

salaam

STOIC   

Cushites? Why does this remind me a Kenyan Geography and history class in primary school.I'm a Nilote!

RedSea   

Neither! We are somali(s) as race. And Arabs haven't thought us anything.If anything I'm thankful for the Arab scholars who crossed waters to deliver us the Messege, Islam.

The Zack   

The poster asked a good question. We know we are all Somalis but his/her question is more of ethnicity and not citizenship meesha waxaa lasoo wada booddeen I am Somali. Even though Somali (itself) could be considered a sub-ethnic, what ethnic group do we really belong to?

NASSIR   

Arabs are neither tall nor grant fair treatment to their women, but that pre-Islam Arabic culture is creeping into our society at a fast rate and it's due to our vulnerable position spawned by the dual forces of Ethiopia's historic enmity toward Somalis and tribalism. :D

On the Origin of the Somali Race

C. P. Rigby

The Somali are generally tall and well made, with a very darksmooth skin ; their features express great intelligence and animation,and are of a Grecian type, with thin lips and aquiline noses ;their hair is long, and very thick. They have none of the characteristic features of the Negro race, which they affect to despise..

The women are generally tall and well formed; when young,they are very good looking. They are not secluded, and are under no restraint, being treated as the equals of the men. They are always merry and good-humoured. The unmarried girls weartheir hair in sniall ringlets hanging loosely all over the head;after marriage it is drawn tightly over the back of the head...

i guess u mean mush caarif!! lool.

i dont feel your pain homie!! That place (uae) can miss up your life for sure! about time u hit your roots.

funny store that i wanna share with is this! i watched the movie roots in Dubai once when i was in transition there. Then came to la and pass by on the street one day in la the homie who did Roots.

Guess what! i didnt recognize him. He just said hi to me. I stopped and asked... yo u look familiar whats up? Then talking with him i recognized him.

Dubai, the only place on earth where i kicked some azz cuz they call me yaa cabid seriously. After that day i was untouchable. And to be honest...this moran was a shiekhs guard son who was a friend of my dad. i thought him a good lesson for sure. He was covering his face with cimaamad for days to cover his face wounds!

i cant stand those folks.