Sign in to follow this  
me

Internet dating much more successful than thought

NGONGE   

Did you hear the one about the two blind men?

They're standing by the beach and smelling the salty wind of the sea. One says to the other: "What does blue look like?"

The second one confidently replies: "It's like black but a bit lighter"

The first one shuffles a bit and feels the sand under his feet. He says: "Sand is brown, right? What does brown look like?"

The second one kicks a bit of sand and replies "It's a bit like light black but not as light as blue".

The first thinks for a bit then says: "So, in your mind's eye, all colours are just shades of black?"

The second one retorts: "Not my fault that I have a colourful imagination, mate".

Ms DD   

Yoniz

I would worry..When any convo steers to 'what are you wearing..', that is when any marriage maybe in trouble. In the meantime, chatting on the net whilst killing time (sometimes work gets boring) is harmless fun.

Aaliyyah   

^^^Ms having a decent discussion online is harmless.

Jacaylbaro I thought I illustrated a good example, as to what I meant messing around. :D

Ngonge lol walaal, thanks for sharing that was hilarious. but, what was the point u were getting across..or u just thought of it, outa of blue.

wa salaamu alaikum

NGONGE   

What colour hijab are you wearing today, Ms D?

Lately, I have noticed that many Somali and Asian women wear those striped scarfs-come-hijabs! I don't like them at all. ;)

Ms DD   

India's IT marriage boom

By Karishma Vaswani

Mumbai business correspondent, BBC News

Rafia Khatoon is a mother on a mission.

She's looking for a good matrimonial match for her 28-year-old Rakshi.

Marriage is an integral part of any Indian woman's life and it's seen as the responsibility of the parents in most Indian families to find a partner for their children.

Generally, Indian men are on the lookout for attractive, educated young women - but for the most part, Indian women are still keen to find a partner who's financially secure.

That's why Mrs. Khatoon insisted that her daughter sign up on bharatmatrimony.com, a wedding website that caters to more than 10 million subscribers around India.

The website claims that you can find your perfect match online - and if that doesn't work, there are marriage counsellors who can help you to find your soulmate.

But Mrs Khatoon knows exactly what type of man she wants for her daughter.

"I want an IT professional," she says, "preferably someone based in London, or someone who has the opportunity to work overseas in the future."

Different profession, same priorities

It may seem an unusual request for a traditional Indian mother to make.

Up to a decade ago, government employees and accountants were at the top of the most-wanted list for marriage proposals in India - because they were guaranteed a stable and steady income and a lifetime of work.

But all this has changed now, thanks to the technology boom in India.

"You know, in my generation, people weren't so educated," says Mrs Khatoon, as her daughter Rakshi looks through a list of prospective techie grooms.

"We didn't have so much exposure, so we as Indian parents thought that government employees or doctors and accountants were the best choices for our daughters. We had never even heard of technology professionals!"

Now, though, things have changed.

"My eldest daughter, for example, is married to an IT professional and she's moved to London. Her husband makes so much money - she has a nice house, a nice car.

"If my younger daughter marries an IT worker as well, then chances are she'll be financially secure, her children will be financially secure and she will have a good life.

"What more can a mother want?"

High demand

Murugavel Janakiraman, the chief executive of bharatmatrimony.com, insists that Mrs Khatoon and her daughter are now fast becoming the norm, and not the exception.

In the past few years India's technology services sector has grown rapidly, adding millions of jobs to the Indian economy.

Young Indian engineering and computer science graduates, in hot demand to fill vacancies in offices around the country, have benefited the most from this boom.

I wish this had happened when I was younger

Frank Raman, technology manager, Mumbai

And because there are just not enough of them to fill all the jobs being created - India's software trade body, Nasscom, says that there could be a shortfall of half a million IT professionals by 2010 - salaries are on the rise.

"Not only are they most sought after in the professional world," says Mr Janakiraman, "IT men are also the hottest in the marriage market.

"IT workers can draw salaries of around $800 a month [about twice those available in comparable jobs] and that's just at the beginning of their careers.

"They are likely to see their salaries jump more than any other professional in the country right now - with salaries rising about 20% a year on average."

Off the market

For the IT professionals who have spent years labouring under nicknames such as nerd, geek or computer whiz - and those are the nicer ones - this attention can come as a pleasant surprise.

They've hardly ever been seen as the most glamorous of types. Often stereotyped as hard working and intelligent - and well, just a little bit boring - they're not often seen as the ideal mate.

"I wish this had happened when I was younger," says Frank Raman, a technology manager at Datamatics in Mumbai.

"I would have been able to benefit from it at that time - now I'm married, so girls looking to marry me I'm afraid are out of luck!"

His friend, Anup Gandhi, agrees. "I think it's fabulous that we're now in such hot demand, " he says.

"Why not? If the Indian woman wants me, I think that's a very good thing!"

The latest economic forecasts are looking good for the IT world's prospective bridegrooms.

They show that the Indian economy has expanded by more than 9% - with services making up a fifth of that growth.

By 2010, analysts say that technology will contribute close to a tenth of India's overall GDP.

So even if Frank is off the market, Anup and his colleagues may be able to keep looking forward to both higher salaries - and domestic bliss.

Story from BBC NEWS:

Published: 2007/06/11 23:03:09 GMT

Any IT geeks in the house? Ur luck is in!

me   

Second match.

Chubacka & Zafir.

Disclaimer: The Me Match-Calculator only matches, further action is required my the matched-ones to make it a successful internet date.

Zafir   

Me, Dude, you didn’t even ask me what sort of things I like in a partner. I want a woman like

Cara, why, because of what I have seen her do. Last summer when Che sprained his leg in the soccer field, she ran across the field picked him up in her arms all the way to the parking lot, into her car and off to ER. You see, that’s the kind of woman I want. A total picker upper.

Zafir.....See that's what happens when you show off oo Maradona camal iska dhigtid. All you had to do was to fake injury, and our beloved Cara laabtay ku galin laheed....Hmmmmm heavenly I say. But hey you thought showing your footy skills might get you her attention. Tough luck man.

LooooooooooL@Val...Did someone match with Serenity instead of NGONE.

^^^I do no think Serenity could get a match...laakin ma isku baroobeenee?

Bisbaaskey cuntaa for snacks; and

She solves calculus problems to relax before sleep... smile.gif

Cheers

Cara.   

^And she wrestles alligators to relieve stress.

Originally posted by Zafir:

Me, Dude, you didn’t even ask me what sort of things I like in a partner. I want a woman like

Cara, why, because of what I have seen her do. Last summer when
Che
sprained his leg in the soccer field, she ran across the field picked him up in her arms all the way to the parking lot, into her car and off to ER. You see, that’s the kind of woman I want. A total picker upper.

Don't forget I was in heels and didn't even break a sweat. Che is one hefty boy... I wonder if someone's feeding him macmacaan on the sly.