Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Dumb Criminals Caught on Tape - Ciyaal fadaro

ElPunto   

^I categorically reject this claim about their parents being to blame. At some point regardless of how bad your parents are - you have to take sole responsibility for your actions. If at 15 - each individual is solely accountable to Allah for his/her worldly actions - why do we insist these 'kids' parents are to blame for their actions?

Aaliyyah   

The point walaal you are right everyone is responsible for their actions after certain age. These teens are like 16/17 or whatever and they are old enough..but you know life is a process. am sure they could have turned out differently if their parents were a bit more devoting to their kids, giving them time, lecturing them, sending them to good school, trying to make sure they hang out with the right friends...making them hang out with the right kids. I was just listening to this lecture and the shiekh was like a parent has to go from his way to push his kids to hang out with the right people. Unfortunetly, you can never underestimate a parent's role...But yes at the end of the day qofkey ku xidhantahay ..qof abihi dadaalay ayaa noqon kara qof xun, qof abihi dan kalaheen aya noqon karna qof wanaagsan anything is possible. Laakin inta badan familygii dadaala caruurtooda ayaa laga arkaa.

With that been said, this type of acts are very common nowadays in the somali community? so really one has to ask themselves? whats the cause of this? parents are to blame partially? bt environment? social class? and so many other things are interlinked? and what can we do about it? what can we do to avoid such situations with the younger one that are growing up right now...who will be teens in couple years down the road? and yeah how can we preach these youngesters who find themselves in these type of situations who lack respect both for themselves and the people around them? inshallah we should think about how we can contribute in a positive way and yeah no need to point fingers at no one..but somali parents need to take their parenting jobs seriously? ma aha caruur iska dhaldhal ..10 11..12 ..hadhowna caruurta iska ilow? caruur lama dholo kaliya wa la koriya edab la bara..these are the future of somalia and if they are all ending up like this? yaa somaali u maqan?

okey thats all for now...hope I got my own across...

ElPunto   

^I agree with the point you're making. But there is a fine distinction. These 'kids' are to blame for their actions. But they likely wouldn't have acted this way if they had good parents. It's the difference between the positive potential a kid with good parents has and the sad reality of a kid with indifferent/bad parents. Just be careful about blaming the parents.

Aaliyyah   

These 'kids' are to blame for their actions. But
they likely wouldn't have acted this way if they had good parents

so there we agreed.

Jacpher   

Stop making excuses. They ain't no ciyaal by their own standards. One of their victims is oday seventy one senior citizen with a lip dhaawac ah. Time for the big house.

Originally posted by Aaliyah416:

oh wow ...

Ismahan I agree walaalo.Their parents are to blame. But, it has a lot to do with caruurta somaliyeed thinking that they are "dad madmadow" and I mean "dadka madmadow ee dalkan dagan" and taking the black culture. You would see the same pakistani kids about their age clinging to their culture...knowing who they are...where somali kids have "identity issues". You can note that from their slang dialect/ their clothing that they tend to choose to wear and how they carry themselves....thats my opinion and till we tell somalis kids "madow ma tihidin..ee orda dad iska dhiga oo umadiina dadka wacan ku dayda" we are not going anywhere.

my 2 cents.

salaam

OK Aaliya Cadey!

""madow ma tihidin..ee orda dad iska dhiga oo umadiina dadka wacan ku dayda""

I can’t believe no one is challenging these blatant prejudices – on the contrary the kids shown on the clips were actually imitating the Jackass programme which is not done by “madow” people.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Aaliyah416:

I am sure they could have turned out differently if their parents were a bit more devoting to their kids, giving them time, lecturing them, sending them to good school, trying to make sure they hang out with the right friends...making them hang out with the right kids.

I totally agree with you sis. Discipline is an important part of a child's upbringing and it continues to be important when they are young adults. Lack of discipline, lack of knowledge and civilized behaviour at home is a major problem in the Somali society. Their parents are very much part of the problem, not providing the kind of discipline that leads to self-disciplined.... Those young men think the way they behave is completely correct. And will end up being bad citizens and bad parents.

---------------------------------------

Paragon   

Not a big issues. Don't overdo with your reactions folks.

Are you trying to tell me that you've never happy-slapped someone?

Don't let FOXnews fool you into tantrums.

Aaliyyah   

S S you apparently chose to ignore my whole post and took it out of context....

read it again what I meant by "madow".....

thinking that they are "dad madmadow" and I mean "dadka madmadow ee dalkan dagan"

and it doesnt matter what these kids said they are imitating the truth is they are copying the black culture and the ghetto lifestyle. Whether you choose to agree to it or not its really none of my concern.

Ismahaan well put sis.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

Well generally, there is almost never a reason to slap or physically hurt another human being or even animal.My parents may Allah reward them Jannah have taught me to love and respect everyone around me. :)

There is no valid reason to be rude.

chubacka   

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

Not a big issues. Don't overdo with your reactions folks.

Don't let FOXnews fool you into tantrums.

This is more serious than that and it begs the question if you ignore this where exactly do you draw the line?

As a minimum they should be made to do extended community service. As someone said they are trying to imitate tv shows but they seem to have missed the point where this became criminal instead of funny.

All that energy should be challenged to something positive and I would not be so harsh on the parents, its easy for kids to fall into the wrong crowd at this age as there is little parents can do about it.