Sign in to follow this  
Pucca

ethiopians vs somalians

Pucca   

Take a second to read the following scenario

Two girls walk into a popular Somali hang out; one of the girls is Somalia the other is Ethiopian and both happen to be Muslim (hijabis) girls. Both girls look Somali (you’d never guess one of them was Ethiopian) but as soon as it becomes known that one of the girls is Ethiopian ALL the Somali girls suddenly turn up their noses and start *****ing. WHY? :confused: so what if the girl is ethiopian, isn't her being a muslim more important? I’ve got personal experience with this, being a mix of both sides and it gets complicated and out of control at times.

So my question to you dear fellow Somalians is; WHY DO SOMALIANS FEEL SUCH DEEP HATRED TOWARDS ETHIOPIANS???

hey fey i do experiance that alot when it comes to sujuu vs pure somaliz but you know what who ever is hatting are still lil kid trying to grow up so dont mind them let them pass you and ignore them thats when they will come and apologyz so hope that help.

Hey its not just ethopians Fey. SOmali hate goes in stages as the following

1. Somalis hate anyone whos not part of their clan

2. Somalis hate anyone whose not somali

3. Somalis hate anyones whose not muslim

Since the girl is already muslim, theyre acting out stage 2 of the hate game commonly reffered to as "somali pride".

I had an awful experience at a masjid, no less. I was talking to my friend's granmother and the topic got around to how somalians and other blacks dont get along. So I started to say that somalis were ****** to think theyre different since theyre black and come from the same continent. Walahi, her face went red with rage and she started yelling "Doogonyahay.. how dare u compare somalians to those ugly, big nosed, kinky haired, fat adoons"

I was so shocked, embarrased and disgusted.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Hey Fey , you cant do nothing but let pass those ignorants because they are losers anyways. What you can do however is tell them that a muslim shouldnt discrimite another muslim because of his or her nationality , I believe they cant argue after that ,unless they are hypocrites. Anyways muslim or not why would you waste your time teasing others ? Unless you are ignorant.

Nobody's perfect and some wont act like true muslims. As for the somalis /blacks beef ,I noticed that so many somalis viewed themselves as superiors just because they dont have big noses or afro hair , but they are the same persons who relaxed their thick hair or wore the hip hop clothing style. It could go both ways , many blacks dont see somalis as africans too because of their features. Anyways ,the point is to respect everyone.

Pucca   

[ dont mind them let them pass you and ignore them ]

Easier said than done MQ, thanks for the advice though.

[ So I started to say that somalis were ****** to think theyre different since theyre black and come from the same continent. Walahi, her face went red with rage and she started yelling "Doogonyahay.. how dare u compare somalians to those ugly, big nosed, kinky haired, fat adoons"]

its much easier to deal with this sort of situation because the individual isn't discriminating u and therefore you can simply walk away from it, but when its you who is the target then its harder to walk away and ignore the insults. thanks for sharing ur story SBella

pearl   

So my question to you dear fellow Somalians is; WHY DO SOMALIANS FEEL SUCH DEEP HATRED TOWARDS ETHIOPIANS???

cuz they have taken our land.

pearl thank u sis thank u ................. u and i are true somalians .......... i luv suju's thou ..ethiopians not so much cuz it's in my blood 2 hate them :D:D:D ...asxantu

RaMpAgE   

Thats just ****** ,too say that you hate someone who has never done anything too you.I don't know where the somali people got this kind of hate but its very ****** and most likely out of ignorance.

Theirs no reason too hate ethopians or any other people for that matter because theirs good and bad in every nation.

A7LA-SHU   

hey if she didn't wanna get all that ish. why was she in somalian place in the first place lol.. im not full blooded somalian. but i truly can't stand ethio.. sorryyyyyy. their girls well they kool when it comes to being muslim and all but outside of dat they are walkin nightmare.. believe me i have had few of them as friends. to this day i can't seem to understand them.. weird folks..

but out of Islam. i can respect them as long they can keep their mouth zipped.. peaceee

LuCkY   

Fey thats just how it is.Besides it goes both ways-SomaLis disLike Ethiopians and Ethiopians disLike SomaLis.

The Land wouLd be one Like PearL mentioned among a Long history of animosity among the two.

Paragon   

If ethios give back what is mine and pay compensation to the crimes they have committed against my people, then i might think of not disliking them. I don't hate ethios i disdain them!

labo quf uma hadasho Somali weyn....teeda kale waa in la ogaadaa marka kow sababta ey isku neceb yihiin. Laakiin waa qalad in la dhahaa Soomali sida ey u dhan yihiin ba Ethiopianska ee neceb yihiin.

Shabelle, speak for your self, you are NOT representing Somalis!

this statement is sweaping generalisation

Muslim aqqul muslim, thats what matters...if you are denying that statement then you are not true muslim, now are you?

NGONGE   

Nobody can explain hate; it’s an irrational emotion. The posters above who say they hate Ethiopians don’t seem to have really thought about the subject. How could you HATE all Ethiopians? Even if they took your land as you say, did every single Ethiopian person play a part in taking your land? Do they all know they’ve taken your land?

We as Somalis seem to have this awful habit of hate. We hate Arabs, we hate gaalo, and we hate other Somalis. All it boils down to is false pride because when you sit down with one of these “haters” and discuss the matter with them in a logical and rational way, nine times out of ten their final conclusion will be that they hate nobody.

Before I open my mouth offending others, I usually try to engage my brain (usually I said ;) )

Senora   

I dont have much time to write a lot, but one of my best friends in the whole entire world is Ethiopian. I luv her to death, and we dont let this whole "they took our counrty" get in between us...and its sad when you start to hold a grudge like that towards others who just dont take a part in the animosity...Case example, the ethiopian muslim girl that was in the Somali neighborhood.