Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Toronto: Gabadh Soomaaliyeed oo ninkii qabay oo Cadaan ah dilay, isagiina

Ilaahey ha u naxariisto, She lived the same apartment with my cousin in Dixon, she said there was alot of noise comming from her apartment but she thought it was the usual thing.

Tuujiye   

Ilaahoo u naxariiso... I knew Ayan Cusman way back in the days.. Bismilaahiyo I went to School with this girl. Ilaahoo u naxariiso maskiinta....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Somalina   

Allah u naxariisto Ayan!

Wrong place to take a swipe at the supposed wayward behavior of Somali women

Wrong place indeed! War wax iskula hadha oo tiina ka adkaada marka hore intaadan dumarka Soomaliyeed afkiina la galin!

Abtigiis   

waa runtiin Rhazes and NNNC wrong place indeed. I sincerly apologise.

What came to my mind as I read the story was "o! my God! what did she do to him?". I was sympathetic to him initially, because I realise it takes a lot of pain for one to go to the level of killing himself.

Ilaahay ha isaga naxariisto, laakiin gabadha inuu wax si ka ahaa way iska cadahay. Laakin waa marxuumad'e in aan far ku go'do ma aheyn.

I wrote that message because i was angry with Juxa and Cara who were teasing me yesterday.

NASSIR   

Allaha u naxariisto.

In the West, domestic violence is the number one public health issue facing women and children. And it is basically cultural. Whereas we value and respect our women and children, or rather consult with her family for outstanding family issues, the opposite is true for a highly advanced societies whereby informal channels of dispute resolution mechanisms, hardly come across as normal. (You'll see nuclear families suing each other for less than $ 200)

Besides, the ridicule, contempt and insults that women are subjected to in the social media are alarming.

Examples of domestic violence:

* Name-callings or put-downs

* Withholdings of money or support

* Isolating women and children from their friends and families

* Actual or threatened physical harm

Iffah   

Allaha u naxariisto walaasheen, sabar iyo imaane ehelkeeda ka siiyo.

Somalis!

It's too bad this story was brought to SOL too. I've been hearing about this story for the last few days and it seems like people are preoccupied with the sister's lifestyle. We do not need to be debating why she was with with a cadaan man, and we don't know whether he was Muslim or not so let's not make assumptions. All the sister needs from us now is du'a. Hadalka iyo muranka badan naga dhaafa ee ducada badiya.