Foxy

What Are You reading Right Now?

Muhammad   

Just finished reading;

the book of five rings- Miyamoto Musashi

7 Habits - Dr. Stephen Covey

right now i'm in the middle of reading;

Purification fot the Soul - Concept, Proccess and Means by Jamaal al-Din M. Zarabozo

a must read for those who seek a Qalb-Salim!

The Story of Islamic Spain by Sayed Azizur Rahman

* I still long for the green gardens of Coroba!

Dungeon, Fire and Swords - The Knights Templar in the Crusades by John J. Robinson

* a fine read for History lovers!

God's Warriors - Crusades, Saracens and the Battle for Jerusalem by Dr Helen Nicholson & Dr David Nicolle

* it has a nice chapter about that Saracen Faris.

Janna   

Fidel

:rolleyes: You surely have turned into my shadow. And unforunately you will never disappear.

Castro   

Originally posted by -Lexus:

Fidel

:rolleyes: You surely have turned into my shadow. And unforunately you will never disappear.

I pity your shadow for it has to follow you around. I promise that going forward, I won't comment on anything you say.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Foxy-brown:

What are you reading, and how is it? and would U recommended it to members of SOL

cheers....

Right now,I'm reading your post,foxy, and I found it exhilarating,exuberant,informative,and hanging on the edge of my seat.Thanx for asking.

But seriously,I read the newspaper,and that's about it.

Foxy   

I have read 7 habits of highly effective people a few years back and its a Good book to add to your bookshelf

Has any1 read "who Moved My Cheese"

its a must read...

Well finished Bridget Jones: The Edge of reason and now up to the third part of Douglas Adams's 4 part trilogy The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy ( yes thats right a four part trilogy) and loving it so far. :D

Pujah.   

Currently I am reading Prince of Fire by Daniel Silva. I recomend any book by this author specially The English Assassin, The Kill Artist and the Unlikely SPY. another great book to check out is the Broker by John Grisham. I am not big fan of books but i religiously read any book written by these two authors.

NGONGE   

I’ve recently finished reading Catcher in the Rye (again) and Alice in Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass. All three stories are delightfully engrossing.

Now, I’m simultaneously reading Don Quixote (which a Nomad reminded me off a while back), Orwell’s complete novels and the website bellow:

Short Stories

This website has a number of classic and great short stories. The Bridget Jones fans might want to check out the original ‘Bridget’ here:

A Telephone Call - Dorothy Parker

The horror fans might be interested in reading the amazing masterpiece that is:

The Pit and the Pendulum – Edgar Allan Poe

The site has many other great classics written by some of the best authors. If you enjoy your reading and can stomach reading stories on your PC, then I strongly recommend that you read some of the tales in that site. If you can’t bring yourself to reading stories on the net, I suggest that you note some of the names down and buy the books.

Muhammad   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I’ve recently finished reading Catcher in the Rye (again) and Alice in Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass. All three stories are delightfully engrossing.

Now, I’m simultaneously reading Don Quixote
(which a Nomad reminded me off a while back)
, Orwell’s complete novels and the website bellow:

This website has a number of classic and great short stories. The Bridget Jones fans might want to check out the original ‘Bridget’ here:

The horror fans might be interested in reading the amazing masterpiece that is:

The site has many other great classics written by some of the best authors. If you enjoy your reading and can stomach reading stories on your PC, then I strongly recommend that you read some of the tales in that site. If you can’t bring yourself to reading stories on the net, I suggest that you note some of the names down and buy the books.

lool

still battling the windmills? :D;)

N.O.R.F   

If you can’t bring yourself to reading stories on the net, I suggest that you note some of the names down and buy the books.

Hmmm, what if you cant bring yourself to read a book at all? :confused:

NGONGE   

^^^ Never fear, saaxib. You can either Google for a site that has audio versions of these stories or you can buy the CD. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^ :D

Yeah i can see myself on the north circular listening intensively to some short stories :D

But why do we read? Why are we encouraged to read? Why are we told reading ficticious books/stories are cool?