Foxy

What Are You reading Right Now?

N.O.R.F   

But what do you learn from reading fiction? a good comprehension of the language yes but what is it that is so appealing about it all. I have read 3 books in my entire life, Romeo and Juliet (at school), Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry (at school) and Malxom X autobiography (to fill the long journeys to and from work).

ps NGONGE just wants his kids to think hes clever :D

STOIC   

Well mr Notherner reading will help you gain knowledge and know yourself better.It would help relate to others.Knowing others through reading -MalcolmX-will help you win freinds and influences(insert your Ngonge theory here) on people.Reading will help you understand your sorroundings better.An individual who is a know-how is definately more equiped to face the world than one who is not a know-how(like me).Reading will help you know where the diamonds are burried around the world.Heck reading will even equip you with something to brag about.Who will turn down a vivacious girl who has read classical novels.Now reading will equip you with a vivid imagination and colors.You will have a mind that is like a steel trap;Your insights in to problem solving would confuse and mystify people of less keeness( what Ngonge does to us on his postings).If you become an avid reader trust me you will be witty, clever, delightful, brilliant, and entertaining(not that you are not now). :D

Changed   

I finally finished The Da vinci Code By Dan Brown and am currently reading on Angels and Demons by the same author and (finally!) and having a grand time in reading these books and I give it 2 thumbs up!!!! its a must read for those of You that havent read it yet....needless to say its has been hailed by book critics.

DUDE R U MY ROOMATE icon_razz.gif CUZ SHE READ THE DA VINCI CODE AND IS READING THE OTHER BOOK APPERENTLY THE DA VINCI IS A SEQUEL TO ANGELS AND DEMONDs WIERD EEH redface.gifredface.gif

ANYWHO! HARRY POTTER IS BACK I AM DEFINATELY READING THAT NOW...I SHOULD BE DONE BY TOMMOROW IF NOT TODAY ...ANY POTTER FANS>>>>BTW THE MOVIES SUCK...

Castro   

One of my favorite books is Understanding Power by Noam Chomsky. If you're interested in understanding the world as it is today, then read this book. It even has a segement on the US intervention in Somalia in 1993. What brought such an intervention about and why it ended so abruptly. It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

Foxy   

DUDE R U MY ROOMATE [Razz] CUZ SHE READ THE DA VINCI CODE AND IS READING THE OTHER BOOK APPERENTLY THE DA VINCI IS A SEQUEL TO ANGELS AND DEMONDs WIERD EEH [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Lolz unfortunately now dude, just for the record I am not a harry potter fan either, those sort of trilogies is for the fun loving kidds, no offence intended dude I am sure U are a grown up.

Reading will help you understand your sorroundings better.An individual who is a know-how is definately more equiped to face the world than one who is not a know-how(like me).Reading will help you know where the diamonds are burried around the world.Heck reading will even equip you with something to brag about.Who will turn down a vivacious girl who has read classical novels.Now reading will equip you with a vivid imagination and colors.You will have a mind that is like a steel trap;Your insights in to problem solving would confuse and mystify people of less keeness( what Ngonge does to us on his postings).If you become an avid reader trust me you will be witty, clever, delightful, brilliant, and entertaining(not that you are not now). [big Grin]

Well said and explained stoic

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

If you become an avid reader trust me you will be witty, clever, delightful, brilliant, and entertaining(not that you are not now)

:D

Currently reading FourFourTwo (google it) :D

shyhem   

I'm not reading any book at this moment,actually i haven't read anybook or novel for ages and i do not intend to read anything for the next three yrs I'A,

nafta   

I have just re-read "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte for the 3rd time. I can't get enough of it. I visited the Yorkshire Moors a while back too along with a guided tour of the Bronte's House. It was then when I really started to appreciate and understand the book better.

At the moment I'm just engrossed in Harry Potter and that wonderful fantasy world of his smile.gif .

P.S. Ngonge, glad to see I'm not the only one who reads books online. I've even downloaded "The Alchemist" as an audiobook.

-Lily-   

I'm reading Harry Potter , I also just finished reading 'Across the Nightingale Floor' set in 10th century Japan, It's one of the best books I have read so far. The culture, rigid rules, class, life and death and love is so fascinating.

I'm writing children's lit so no deep adult stuff for me just yet.

THe DA Vinci Code was good, I read it before all the hype, it tells us nothing new? We all knew Jesus married and had kids? Its as good as a thriller, but thats about it.

اغر مكان ÙÙŠ الدنى سرج سابح

وخير جليس ÙÙŠ الزمان كتاب

Ah, caku Semenka , woe is time as it befreinds no man. For those of you who read and also write, I need not explain the taxing nature of trying to do both.

The current content of my Ziploc bag is thus:-

1. Moby Dick by Herman Melveille

2. On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin (third time)

Note: : Needs must I say that it is a far fruitful use of your time, which, in the nature of things, is limited, to read books with far reaching political, philosophical, islamic, and literary import. I say this because I have recently come across a grown woman (gender is inconsequential here) reading a book called "He's Just not that into you". After reading the reviews on Amazon, I experienced symptoms akin to those of a brain stroke. O! how powerful is the mind.

If there is only a limited amount of money, and supposing you want to eat meat, I would say that it is better that you spend your money on a decent steak than a McDonald's hamburger. (Although it is being outrageously unfair to McDonald's to classify "He's just not that into you" with their hamburgers)

With Salaams

PK

Castro   

Originally posted by Mutakallim:

The current content of my Ziploc bag is thus:-

Moby Dick
by Herman Melveille

On the Origin of Species
by Charles Darwin (third time)

You're very funny mutakallim. I'm just curious why you are reading Darwin's book for a third time? Are you attempting to reconcile creationism with evolution? I'm sorry if I my question is too glib, but please, do elaborate. I often read about evolution as I find it to be a fascinating theory. I also believe it's true. Care to share?

Thanks!

STOIC   

Mutakallam, Moby-Dick is a book with a great enigma.I am reading it now after i finished Gaildon's "Yibiir of Las Burgabo".It is a little way over my head(many philosophical digressions) but i am reading it slowly to make sense out of it!. :D

Gosh, nafta. Had a totally different experience. I hated that book. But I forced myself to read it cause it was a classic and I should say I read something smart once. :D I liked her sister's book better... Jane Eyre by charlotte Bonte.

But I read everything...including novels my grade 4 sister brings home. Honestly. And no...I don't read to her...I go to my room and read it by myself. :D

Does anyone read V.C. Andrews books? Or how about true crime stories?

Fidel:- I have been encouraged, or rather pressured, by freinds and colleagues to write a short and compendious book on the Theory of Evolution. Hence, I am reviewing the primary literature for my notes. You say you believe in the theory of evolution and the premises derived therefrom. That is nice. People believe in a wide array of theories; certainly, evolution is not as preposterous as theories on psychosexual development. In any case, I am an opponent and not a proponent of evolution via Natural Selection (or any other theory of evolution for that matter). In fact, I shall go as far as saying that is untenable and unscientific. Wherefore does it enjoy overwhelming support in academia? I shall leave such speculation for others as I am only interested in the logical strength of the argument proposed. If you feel so inclined, I shall pose save one objection to the theory, if you are able to dissolve it, then kolkaas ayaan madaafiicda goobta lasoo baxayaa. :D Maandhoow, runta lama inkiro beense waa la asaraaraaye.

With Salaams

PK