Sign in to follow this  
OG Moti

The American Army

OG Moti   

What I am about to say may come as a shuck to some of you, however let me say first that this report of mine is not scientifically proven or researched, but it will force us to seek the truth, and it definitely makes sense to many of us..

The army, traditionally speaking, the army has always been the last resource of losers, when they cant make it through college they join the army, of course the theory does not imply on all, but most…

The other day, I came a cross a program on one of the American serial killers, an interview with his father, the father said he took his son to the army when he didn’t make it in college, then I begin to wonder, remembering how it is in Kuwait and in Somalia probably in other countries too, that only losers join the army cause they couldn’t handle college, then I feel amazed hearing Karazi “The Afghan president” saying how American soldiers are heroes and how they put their lives on the line for Afghans, ignoring totally what they did to his people, again CNN the American propaganda news agency showing off an American soldier who lost his arm for an Iraqi person, forgetting what they did, and trying to drive the viewers from the prisoners abuse to world war II soldiers showing heroic stories that are far from true,

I could only say, this is brain washing and altering the truth of the American Army, the devils army if we may call them,

American army consist of people mostly “to be fair I am not saying all” ex criminals, problem makers, and high school and college drop outs, people who are irresponsible, people who have tendency to be serial killers, imagine such people given guns and license to kill, and then get credit for it, labeled with heroic names…

The American army is full of criminals and trouble makers same as any army in the world, and now they been send to us, to kill us and to express their sick intentions on our people, so what we do? We need to expose them and have our own media that covers the truth or lets just say the other side of the story, when war happens each side has their own heroes, and the Americans managed to make their heroes, heroes of the world and the opponent’s as the bad guys…. And sadly the whole world seems to accept such madness..

I know the truth, so you do now, it is up to you to believe Bush’s lies and evil acts as legit and justifiable acts, or to seek the truth by yourself, I was one of the supporters of Bush during his presidential elections, but I am so disappointed and amazed how naïve I was to think this man was fair and just, he uses the word democracy more than anyone I know, yet he abuses it, he uses religion and Christianity and we all know, if you use one religion to justify your actions, you will automatically violate the other religions since you will definitely see them as the wrong path, so does Osama and Alqaida, so he is doing….

This war of terrorism is a war on Islam and Muslims, no doubt on that, and knowing so they are using an army who is full of losers and irresponsible people, but this time without any observation giving them the freedom to do whatever they want, that is why they abused Iraqis and they will continue abusing Muslims for long time to come, if you want to see the quality of the American military and the truth about them, just listen to Ramisfeild’s words of obvious hate and you will know what is facing the Muslim World..

Peace

note: The American Dictatorial Democracy or the DD, which states either our way or no way, might disagree with me or even lebel me with being terrorist, so if you are afread to be lebeled such lebellinh, you have the choice not to reply to my topic...

NGONGE   

The many Arab satellite stations are falling over themselves trying to report all the American abuses and expose them to all and sundry. The fact that most of the American media have their own agendas does not mean that there aren’t any other mediums of news coverage that don’t work and strive to show all these abuses. Still, even when the truth is reported it does not make an ounce of a difference to anyone. Humans in general suffer from severe bouts of apathy. You’ll hear the news, you’ll rejoice or weep and then you’ll switch the channel to watch the next episode of whatever reality show being broadcast at the time. This happens even in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those that work hard and campaign to improve things have their voices drowned out by the bandwagon crew who attempt to hijack things and use them to their advantage.

In all of this though, what I can’t get nor tolerate is the idea that by better informing those in the West, things are going to improve! Why should they? Their main interest is in keeping these countries in check. Human rights, morality and consciences are tools they use only when it’s beneficial to them. You want them to stop all these abuses? Renounce your identity and embrace their religions, saaxib (thought not!).

** Switches channel to check on the latest Big Brother bust ups **

N.O.R.F   

The American army is full of criminals and trouble makers same as any army in the world,

Is that not the whole point of putting them there in the first place?

The ppl who are/will be least affected by combat and who would even enjoy killing are recruited to go to war!. Nothing new there. But with the new digital age upon us, its far easier to know of any abuses/atrocities.

** Switches channel to watch Euro 2004 **

during his presidential elections, but I am so disappointed and amazed how naïve I was to think this man was fair and just, he uses the word democracy more than anyone I know, yet he abuses it,

brother Moti here u r again being naive WAT IS DEMOCRACY? democracy is government by the people; especially : rule of the majority. so basically if majority thinks it's kool ta drink BEER, ta burn MASJIDS, ta kill MUSLIMS n so on so forth, we must do wat majority does (be democratic). so don't be naive brah thinking the democratic world is sensationally super.There is nothing super bout them brah

asxantu

Curly   

OG luv that’s exactly what I was thinking too when those disgusting pictures of the abused Iraqis came out

Of course these people they send out to fight for their country, who are most likely from the bottom of the social scale would have twisted enough minds to carry out acts such as those, so why was the American government shocked about it?!

Ngonge you’re right, the world suffers from apathy! When it comes to doing what’s right that is. People exploit one another for the own gains; it’s what makes the world go round so the chances of this changing over night is slim.

I myself am guilty of selective amnesias, when you’re life is all you see in front of you it’s very hard to think of others much less do something constructive for people who are on the other side of the globe.

Blessed   

America planned this man. It ain't shocking, they made it clear that they wanted destroy islam - how much more blatant can it get....

Every empire has an expiry date....The egyptians the Greeks all thought they were untouchable - but the decree of Allah destroyed them. We shouldn't lose focus / hope.

Allah helps those who help themselves and those who seek His help.

We talk a great deal and thats just about it... I mean how many of us even bother to make a quick online donation to the organisations helping Iraqi Orphans? :(

ONE MORE THING

from reading every body's posts, i couldn't help but initiate this fact: why must we accuse the smaller fish and while the whales swim and exculpate, one must clearly preportion all the possibilities, don't ya think. how do we know that this wasn't a direct order

asxantu

OG_Girl   

originally posted by 508:

I was one of the supporters of Bush during his presidential elections, but I am so disappointed and amazed how naïve I was to think this man was fair and just, he uses the word democracy more than anyone I know, yet he abuses it,

Sweet brother,I am NOT ashamed to admit I was so naive to beliefe he was going war agains Dictator Saddam .... I thought was saddam what all about!

Is ok atleast WE both know the truth now!

PS: I just posted to show u Iam not scared Moti, we will die in same Battle ;)

Salam

dawoco   

lol moti, after you said "What I am about to say may come as a shuck to some of you,but it will force us to seek the truth, and it definitely makes sense to many of us.. " I stoped reading the topic.

Man, if you owned a newspaper, you would go bankrupt due to slander suits!

And besides, what exactly did ya expect of the americans..The people that elected Bush Jr...

Paragon   

The army, traditionally speaking, the army has always been the last resource of losers, when they cant make it through college they join the army, of course the theory does not imply on all, but most…

Lol .. most of them in the army and the rest out there imitating others smile.gif

Originally posted by dawoco:

lol moti, after you said "What I am about to say may come as a shuck to some of you,but it will force us to seek the truth, and it definitely makes sense to many of us.. " I stoped reading the topic.

Man, if you owned a newspaper, you would go bankrupt due to slander suits!

And besides, what exactly did ya expect of the americans..The people that elected Bush Jr...

technically he was never elected.

Consider these statements:

"Why are most Africans, unless forced by dire necessity to earn their livelihood with 'the sweat of their brow', so loath to undertake any work that dirties the hands?"

"The all-encompassing preoccupation with sex in the African mind emerges clearly in two manifestations ..."

"In the African view of human nature, no person is supposed to be able to maintain incessant, uninterrupted control over himself. Any event that is outside routine everyday occurrence can trigger such a loss of control ... Once aroused, African hostility will vent itself indiscriminately on all outsiders."

These statements, I think you'll agree, are thoroughly offensive. You would probably imagine them to be the musings of some 19th century colonialist. In fact, they come from a book promoted by its US publisher as "one of the great classics of cultural studies", and described by Publisher's Weekly as "admirable", "full of insight" and with "an impressive spread of scholarship".

The book is not actually about Africans. Instead, it takes some of the hoariest old prejudices about black people and applies them to Arabs.

Replace the word "African" in the quotations above with the word "Arab", and you have them as they appear in the book. It is, the book says, the Arabs who are lazy, sex-obsessed, and apt to turn violent over the slightest little thing.

Writing about Arabs, rather than black people, in these terms apparently makes all the difference between a racist smear and an admirable work of scholarship.

The book in question is called The Arab Mind, and is by Raphael Patai, a cultural anthropologist who taught at several US universities, including Columbia and Princeton.

I must admit that, despite having spent some years studying Arabic language and culture, I had not heard of this alleged masterpiece until last week, when the investigative journalist Seymour Hersh mentioned it in an article for New Yorker magazine.

Hersh was discussing the chain of command that led US troops to torture Iraqi prisoners. Referring specifically to the sexual nature of some of this abuse, he wrote: "The notion that Arabs are particularly vulnerable to sexual humiliation became a talking point among pro-war Washington conservatives in the months before the March 2003 invasion of Iraq.

"One book that was frequently cited was The Arab Mind ... the book includes a 25-page chapter on Arabs and sex, depicting sex as a taboo vested with shame and repression."

Hersh continued: "The Patai book, an academic told me, was 'the bible of the neocons on Arab behaviour'. In their discussions, he said, two themes emerged - 'one, that Arabs only understand force, and two, that the biggest weakness of Arabs is shame and humiliation'."

Last week, my own further enquiries about the book revealed something even more alarming. Not only is it the bible of neocon headbangers, but it is also the bible on Arab behaviour for the US military.

According to one professor at a US military college, The Arab Mind is "probably the single most popular and widely read book on the Arabs in the US military". It is even used as a textbook for officers at the JFK special warfare school in Fort Bragg.

In some ways, the book's appeal to the military is easy to understand, because it gives a superficially coherent view of the Arab enemy and their supposed personality defects. It is also readily digestible, uncomplicated by nuances and caveats, and has lots of juicy quotes, a generous helping of sex, and no academic jargon.

The State Department, too, used to take an interest in the book, although it seemingly no longer does. At one stage, the training department gave free copies to officials when they were posted to US embassies in the Middle EastIn contrast, opinions of Patai's book among Middle East experts at US universities are almost universally scathing. "The best use for this volume, if any, is as a doorstop," one commented. "The book is old, and a thoroughly discredited form of scholarship," said another.

None of the academics I contacted thought the book suitable for serious study, although Georgetown University once invited students to analyse it as "an example of bad, biased social science".

There is a lot wrong with The Arab Mind apart from its racism: the title, for a start. Although the Arab countries certainly have their distinctive characteristics, the idea that 200 million people, from Morocco to the Gulf, living in rural villages, urban metropolises and (very rarely these days) desert tents, think with some sort of single, collective mind is utterly ridiculous.

The result is a collection of outrageously broad - and often suspect - generalisations. Patai asserts, for example, that Arabs "hate" the west.

He backs up this claim with two quotations: one from a book published in the mid-50s ("Most westerners have simply no inkling of how deep and fierce is the hate, especially of the west, that has gripped the modernising Arab"), and another from Bernard Lewis - currently the neocons' favourite historian - referring to the mood of "many, if not most Arabs" in 1955 (just before the Suez crisis).

We are also informed (page 144) of "the Arab view that masturbation is far more shameful than visiting prostitutes".

Whether this is why Iraqi prisoners were forced to masturbate in front of cameras is unclear, but the only supporting evidence for Patai's claim is a survey of Arab and US students published in 1954: the US students admitted to masturbating twice as often as the Arabs, while 59% of the Arabs, but only 28% of the Americans, said they had visited a prostitute during the previous 12 months.

In "outlying areas", such as Siwa oasis in Egypt, Patai says, "homosexuality is the rule, and practised completely in the open". This unequivocal statement is based on accounts dating from 1935, 1936 and 1950, and, in a footnote, Patai concedes that they "need to be checked out by an anthropologically trained observer".

There is also a good deal of confusion in the book between the present and the past. An Arab man, Patai writes, even if he has four wives, "can have sexual relations with concubines (slave girls whom he owns)".

All this adds up to an overwhelmingly negative picture of the Arabs. Positive characteristics are mentioned, but are given relatively short shrift.

Hospitality and generosity - two highly regarded virtues in Arab societies - get three and one and a half pages respectively, compared with a whole chapter devoted to alleged sexual hang-ups.

The book is a classic case of orientalism which, by focusing on what Edward Said called the "otherness" of Arab culture, sets up barriers that can then be exploited for political purposes.

The Arab Mind was originally published in 1976, but - according to one US academic - actually belongs to the "national character" genre of writing that was popular in comparative politics around the middle of the last century.

Its methodology, therefore - not to mention much of its content - was considerably behind the times even when it first appeared.

Patai died in 1996, but his book was revived by Hatherleigh Press in 2002 (nicely timed for the war in Iraq), and reprinted with an enthusiastic introduction by Norvell "Tex" De Atkine, a former US army colonel and the head of Middle East studies at Fort Bragg.

"It is essential reading," De Atkine wrote. "At the institution where I teach military officers, The Arab Mind forms the basis of my cultural instruction."

In a speech last week, the US president, George Bush, congratulated himself on having removed "hateful propaganda" from the schools in Iraq.

Perhaps it is now time he turned his attention to military schools in the US.

copy and pasted from http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,1223525,00.html

Originally posted by 508:

[/i]

right. And I suppose all these kids should have money to go through college right? I think your post is illogic and irrelevant. Why do I say this? Because the government only encourages the young people who arent attending college to join the army, because they are the only ones who would go for the kinda salary the army has to offer. they are low-income, what did you expect? Besides, alot of people join BECAUSE the army offers free college-level education!! There are 3 guys in one of my classes who were in the army, and they are in college.

Do you see congressman's kid going off to the army? It's very rare, unless they get a prestigious position right off the bat.

Bro, if you want to bash the army, at least make it more convincing. Some of these kids are only 18 or so, broke as a joke, with one or two kids, and doing what they gotta do.

Disclaimer: While I do not agree with the wars, I neither support nor hate the troops, but I at least think that I understand WHY they would want to joing the forces.

Originally posted by Galeyr:

brother Moti here u r again being naive WAT IS DEMOCRACY? democracy is government by the people; especially : rule of the majority. so basically if majority thinks it's kool ta drink BEER, ta burn MASJIDS, ta kill MUSLIMS n so on so forth, we must do wat majority does (be democratic). so don't be naive brah thinking the democratic world is sensationally super.There is nothing super bout them brah

asxantu

Actually, democracy also gives you the right to dissent its policies. You can congregate, protest, rally, form organizations for your cause, get your voice out there, and basically fight for your RIGHT. The civil rights movement was successful, wasn't it?

So instead of feeling sorry for ourselves that we are such easy targets, we need to be reminding them that we are not naive about the rights of the people in that democracy....and there won't be a repeat of the Red Scare Era.